Where Is The Most Haunted Place You Have Been To???

Discussion of general Halloween topics
halloweenLuv
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 10992

Where Is The Most Haunted Place You Have Been To???

Post by halloweenLuv » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Hello everyone..Where is the most haunted place you have been to? Or what is the most haunted place in your area!
When Black cats prowl, and pumpkins gleam,
May luck be yours on Hallowe'en.

ancient whitelighter
Haunt Master

Re: Where Is The Most Haunted Place You Have Been To???

Post by ancient whitelighter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi! I believe a place called Top 'O The World is the most haunted place close to me, here in Ohio. We tried to find it once with a friend of ours :mrgreen: She thought she knew where it was, but it didn't turn out that way. We still had fun looking though! I'd really like to try again sometime soon.

http://www.deadohio.com/TopOtheWorld.htm
Celebrate Life!

shanda
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by shanda » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 pm

New Orleans had some pretty fantastic stories. Went on a ghost walk.

But, lived in a haunted house for 3 years. Lots of small expirences, 3 pretty big (for me) expirences. That sparked my curiosity and love of the paranormal.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:01 pm

The Covenanters prison in Greyfriar's Kirkyard in Edinburgh, Scotland, is the (supposedly) most haunted place I've ever been. But I ain't a-feared of Ha'nts, cause I don't believe in 'em.

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:55 pm

No if and or buts about the best place is The Mansfield reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio The creepiest and sweetest place to go. I loved it.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

halloweenLuv
Zombie

Post by halloweenLuv » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Halloweennut08 we went to Mansfield Prison last Halloween and we loved it..We travel all over for haunted houses and we went there last year talk about freaky....I live in the Cincinnati/northern Kentucky area and i would have to say in Louisville Kentucky Waverly Hills by far has been the scariest place we have been to!!
When Black cats prowl, and pumpkins gleam,
May luck be yours on Hallowe'en.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:38 pm

For me, it's the Alamo. I've been there three times in my life (aged 11, 13, and 26), and all three times I got this "feeling" there. Weird, because it's not currently conducive to haunted thoughts--right in the middle of the city, tourists everywhere. And I was not a child or girl who was very interested in TX history. It was just a place I went with relatives, nothing special, no anticipation at all for me. But every time I've been there, I've had this weird feeling inside it. Like there was a presence there that had nothing to do with all the people around me.

When I went the last time, I was on my honeymoon. I hadn't wanted to go to San Antonio, it just worked out that way, and I was a little irked to be back there, frankly. But before we went into the Alamo, I thought to myself, "I wonder if I'll feel that same weird thing I felt when I was a kid?" And sure enough, I did.

I can't tell anyone exactly what it is. I don't see anything or hear anything. I just "feel" something, and it's not hot or cold or anything physical. It's like there's something there, some kind of psychic energy, that presses against me, and no one around me seems to experience it the way I do.

ancient whitelighter
Haunt Master

Post by ancient whitelighter » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:22 pm

I know this link pops here in the forum from time to time (thanks iwanttobelieve and ILMM!): http://www.opacity.us/

It would be great fun to visit any of these - they all look pretty haunted to me!
Celebrate Life!

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:31 pm

The Retreat Tower in Brattleboro.

Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Ciuin
Halloween Master

Post by Ciuin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Fort Warren.

I did a civil war reenactment there for 3 nights. It was great fun.
'All the water's dead. All of it. And the taps don't work either.'

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:31 am

For me it has to be Biltmore, I visit a couple of times a year and you really get some strange vibes during the night hours......LOVE IT !

A Great American Haunting: The Biltmore Estate 76

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Great-American-Haunting

digbugsgirl
Ghost

Post by digbugsgirl » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:50 pm

The most haunted place I've ever been to would have to be the house I grew up in (Mom still lives there). It's the oldest still-standing house in the county. I had an experience when I was home alone from school one day. The Gordonsville Exchange Hotel is a couple of miles down the road and that's supposedly haunted. There is a farm on the backside of our mountain that hubby has gone to and swears on his life that a ghost went through him while he was doing security when the movie "Hush" was being filmed there. We are in the middle of a Civil War area. I've heard many stories about Civil War ghosts, but have never seen one myself.

scary2010
Ghost

Post by scary2010 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:13 am

Definitely the Nortonville Cemetery around Antioch, California. This creepy cemetery is from the 1860's and is on the side of a creepy mountain. Legend has it that Sarah Norton's ghost haunts the cemetery. She delivered hundreds of babies during the 1860's and then died all of a sudden by being run over by a horse cart. The graveyard is mostly populated with small children and babies that dies of diseases which is real creepy. If you go up just before dark to this graveyard, the wind sometimes stops eerily and totally creeps you out. Check it out its a real barn raiser!

Also, check out my website http://www,scarydecorations.com for some freaky body parts this Halloween. We always get the good stuff.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:07 pm

I'd go with the Santa Rita Hotel in Tucson, AZ... but, as of 2009, it no longer exists. Still, it was probably more haunted than the Whaley House, which is reputedly one of the most haunted buildings in the country.

At any rate... My list of haunted places:

Gettysburg, PA would have to be the most haunted place I've ever visited... I've already posted my story about the Devil's Den somewhere around here.

I've been to Salem, MA and stayed at the Hawthorne Hotel. Nothing that really stood out there.

The Winchester Mystery House gave me the heebie-jeebies, but I never saw anything "funny" there either.

Planning to go to New Orleans soon as I have money.... maybe I'll visit the Myrtles Plantation.

I had a funny experience in Sandwich, MA (on Cape Cod)... but I'm not horribly sure if that was just because the neighbors of the hotel were so quiet (being as they were dead an all...)

Also been on ghost walks in Bisbee, Tombstone, Phoenix and Tucson... I've been to Jerome, but not on a ghost walk. Can't remember where else... but Gettysburg, PA was most assuredly the most haunted place I've been.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:41 pm

Nightmare Mansion in Virginia Beach, Virginia near Oceanfront. It's on Atlantic Avenue. Very cool and scary! 8)

I'll post a couple of pics, maybe more here later.