Postimg Pictures

Discussion of general Halloween topics
TheCostumer
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Postimg Pictures

Post by TheCostumer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:45 am

I had a problem once before when I first joined posting pictures.

I can post as an attachment which clearly states such.

But how do you post pictures without that statement showing. I know i need have a .jpg reference showing but I can't get the pictures to come up unless I show as an attachment.

Some help please!

Thanks.
DON'T BE AFRAID! UNDER THE COSTUME IS A REAL HUMAN BEING!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Re: Postimg Pictures

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:20 pm

it's real easy, first you need the URL of the image, if it's one you've found on the net you'll need the URL, just right click and select "Copy image location" then in your post type [img]-[/img] and in between right click and select "paste" and you'll get [img]url_of_image[/img] and it will show in your post.

Now, if you have a pic of your own and want to show it you'll need to upload it onto the net at a image hosting site. I use imageshack to host mine. Once you upload the image the host site will give you a bunch of ways to link to the image, choose the URL for "Direct link", that will be your URL and it should end in .jpg or something similar. Once you have that just follow my direction from above inserting the URL of YOUR pic

Hope that makes sense
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

TheCostumer
Crypt Keeper

Post by TheCostumer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks.

I'll try Image Shack since I use my own photos most of the time.

Will try the other way as well for photos off the net.

I belong to a couple of networks and still do not know how to post a picture on to a greeting or reply. The blogs I have no problem with since I can go directly to my pc.

It may take awahile and some practice. I'll try posting until I get it right. Until I get it to work I can always post as an attachment.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:03 pm

another way to figure it out is to quote someones post that has posted a picture and see how they did it (the way I described to do it) and see it actually done, just look at their "code" and do the same thing
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

TheCostumer
Crypt Keeper

Post by TheCostumer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Spookymufu wrote:another way to figure it out is to quote someones post that has posted a picture and see how they did it (the way I described to do it) and see it actually done, just look at their "code" and do the same thing
What is a code? What is meant by BB code? Should it be on or off?

How can you tell from the picture how they did it?

I went to Image Shack. In order to be able to delete the image you need sign up free. After i did, nothing made any sense. You couild not pull up the extremely timy pictures to find a an IMG or URL.

I understand calculus better than this.

So I will either use an attachment or do as I did on my recent postimg on What are you going to be for Halloween - just show the reference.

I belong to Halloween Forum which is a very good forum like this though I think there are more active members.

You can set up picture albums. From that you can use the IMG or URL to post to sending a message, answering one, sending a private message , posting a blog or starting a new album.

For the most part, I use my own pictures.

For pictures from the net I save to my PC. If i wish to post one somewhere I transfer to my Miscelleanous picture album on Halloween Forum which assigns both IMG & URL.

This is the first forum that I have had so much trouble posting pictures at.

Also how do you send private messages? I tried today so as not to tie up the entire forum and the messages would not go through.

I am sure in a short time in the future this will all be history and i will be posting with my eyes closed.

Grrrrrrrr!

shanda
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by shanda » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:28 pm

I had a hard time too. I have started using photobucket. It is very easy. It just takes my computer a little longer. I think it is because it is wireless. I'm not sure.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

TheCostumer
Crypt Keeper

Post by TheCostumer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:36 pm

shanda wrote:I had a hard time too. I have started using photobucket. It is very easy. It just takes my computer a little longer. I think it is because it is wireless. I'm not sure.
Thanks.

I did have a photobucket account if i can find the username and password.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:58 pm

you dont need to sign up on imageshack, you just use the free upload for the pic you want and when it uploads it will show all the different URLs to the left of the small image, dont worry about trying to get that pic bigger, just look to the left and copy the URL that is listed as "direct link" then paste that between the code [img]_[/img] (forget the "_" tho, I needed that to make you see the code). dont worry about being able to delete the image, it will "self delete" after a few months as they keep making room on their servers.

and what I meant about quoting someone, when you hit the quote button you will see all their text in the reply window and you'll see what they did to make their picture work, just look at it and do what they did with your own image URL.

to send a private message just click the PM button and Submit your message.

TheCostumer
Crypt Keeper

Post by TheCostumer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:04 pm

Spookymufu wrote:you dont need to sign up on imageshack, you just use the free upload for the pic you want and when it uploads it will show all the different URLs to the left of the small image, dont worry about trying to get that pic bigger, just look to the left and copy the URL that is listed as "direct link" then paste that between the code [img]_[/img] (forget the "_" tho, I needed that to make you see the code). dont worry about being able to delete the image, it will "self delete" after a few months as they keep making room on their servers.

and what I meant about quoting someone, when you hit the quote button you will see all their text in the reply window and you'll see what they did to make their picture work, just look at it and do what they did with your own image URL.

to send a private message just click the PM button and Submit your message.
I will try the Image Shack again.

I see what you mean about the quote.

IMG ... IMG - The code! OK!

Like I said in a few days I will be able to do it with my eyes closed!

Thanks.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:53 pm

yup, once you do it you'll be like "sheesh that WAS easy"

TheCostumer
Crypt Keeper

Post by TheCostumer » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:15 am

Trial!

Using Image Shack.

SUCCESS!

Like you said, nothing to it.

Thanks.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:42 am

great, glad you got it!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Great job, TheCostumer! ;) Hope that you can work on your photos. :)