BlockBuster Closed!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

BlockBuster Closed!

Post by iHaunt » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:22 am

They are closing here... tons of them. I believe Netflix will open anytime. :? Also, are you a member of Red Box? www.redbox.com

I chose Netflix myself. :D

Castle
Halloween Master

Re: BlockBuster Closed!

Post by Castle » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:52 am

Used to work for Hollywood Video. It was a matter of time before video stores went under.
"He didn't just eat their bodies, he ate their souls."

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:08 am

I'm a member of netflix and Blockbuster
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:25 am

There's still a Blockbuster?
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:33 am

eventually they will go to online only, I like being able to swap my mailed DVDs in the store for another DVD, I also like that BB has BluRay and new release movies, I cant get HD movies from NetFlix and have to wait a month to get any new releases, but I like being able to stream movies and TV shows on my PC or TV with Netflix, but Block Buster has video games we can order as well....too bad we cant get all of those features from one company....
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Me and my gf went to the shopping center today, and we noticed that Blockbuster is closed! :? It is still there, but maybe they will change to the new name or remodel it as another store?

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm

They charged too much to rent movies anyway. I currently have Netflix and if I wanna watch a new movie, I go to Redbox or borrow a burned copy from a friend.
The Night HE Came Home

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:53 pm

Actualy I like having an actual DVD to play, because on line video tends to be of very poor quality, both picture and sound. Streaming video, especialy, is mediocre at best, and since I like to blow up my movies on a large silver screen and a DLP projector, when you get poor quality, it really detracts from the viewing experience. Even VHS is better quality them most on line streaming video sources.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:02 am

Streaming on-demand video services?

Which do you use? I've had only Netlfix. But, I was thinking about joining Red Box - but, they didn't have anything such <deleted> horror/cult and other foreign dvds at all! :? I guess should I stick around with Netflix, right?

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:57 am

Well, well, well... I didn't know that some BlockBuster doesn't close b/c my cousin told me they're still here in South Carolina, and also, my stepbrother's girlfriend from Indiniana still opening.... I don't understand? :?

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:44 am

I still have a couple Blockbusters near my house. Never go in them. I'm a Netflix and Red Box person. I'll be cutting back to the DVD only plan in a couple weeks when Netflix's prices go up. Total bummer though, I had just started streaming Dark Shadows when we had to move out of the house, and the connection at the hotel was way too slow to stream. I used to watch a couple episodes every night before I fell asleep. I may have to borrow Mike's Dark Shadows collection.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 am

I'm still a member of Netflix, but not Red Box. I am no longer a member of Blockbuster.

By the way, see www.blockbuster.com online - it's there!!! :twisted:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 am

If you borrow my "Dark Shadows" collection, you better get yourself a VCR, or some combo unit that can play VHS tapes. Believe it or not, in this day of HDTV and digital media, all of my "Dark Shadows" episodes are on VHS tape, time recorded from the Sci Fy channel bak in the early 90s, before Sci Fi became SyFy.

You could get the DVDs from the Dan Curtis web site, or when you get settled into your new house, you can start watching them fron Netflix again. I have a simular problem with my home Internet connection, though. In fact, I am seriously considering changing my cable tv, internet and phone service providers as I am paying over $177.00 per month, and the service has not been good. My phone calls are often dropped, my cable tv will go through episodes of constant frame dropping, and my internet will often boot me off like AOL dial-up use to do.

Mike