Rare finds online, share them with us!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Rare finds online, share them with us!

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Share rare finds, online with your community. Not something that is shiny and new at Best Buy, but anything Halloween or horror related that isn't common but you found it and wanna give the rest of us a heads up! :
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Re: Rare finds online, share them with us!

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:11 pm

I once purchased the made for TV film The Midnight Hour for 7 dollars at DVDempires website. Then it went out of print and its value shot up. I sold it used for 150.00. Do I regret it? Then I didn't because I made a massive profit. But now considering it will cost you 200 or higher to get the DVD new online, I do regret it.

I said that to say this. Another made for TV horror film that scared the pee outta me when I was an 80's child was Dark Night of the Scarecrow. Now I believe that this will follow in the same footsteps as The Midnight Hour. So before it costs 200 dollars to buy it new when it becomes out of print...I share with you this link.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Night-Scarec ... 021&sr=8-1
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 pm

http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:55 am

That is crazy spookymufu thank you, cause look at this link!!

http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Hour-Lee ... 813&sr=8-6

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:00 am

yeah I saw that last night too, I try not to buy from Amazon most of the time just because of that.....buy for $8, sell for $250!
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:24 pm

CAPITALISM.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Hey nothing wrong with it. If someone can buy a DVD for 8.00 and sell it for 250.00 to someone else who hasn't looked hard enough for the item elsewhere, like me for instance, lol; then I say great.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:48 pm

MacPhantom wrote:CAPITALISM.
Shhhhhh. Use your indoor voice.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Well ive ordered my new copy of the midnight hour. If I have it in hand and its legit, I will not be able to stop myself from laughing at <deleted> collectors buying the DVD for 250.00 off Amazon.com

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Okay, a warningI received my copy of the Midnight Hour I ordered from one of the links above. Through atomic mall, a seller named forgottencinema sent me a NEAR perfect replication of the authentic disc.

Just a few problems

The sleeve was lesser quality paper, no gloss at all, and the surface of the disc is purple indicating DVD-R.
Now...
I am warning you all, but I'm showing them mercy by not reporting them elsewhere because if you want the actual DVD used its 150.00 and new its 250.00. This was a 15 dollar "nearly fooled me" pirated version. You're not getting the Midnight Hour to look as good as this does for 15 bucks UNLESS it is pirated.

Lesson learned.....you get what you pay for. You want an authentic copy of the now out of print film, you'd best be ready to cough up some real dough.

But thx for at least trying anyways, with the links.

Its also why I say get Dark Night of the Scarecrow quick before it too is out of print and costs you a couple hundred for authentic product.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 am

one of the reviews said that The midnight hour was being re-released. Ill wait for that. I found a copy to download so im good for now
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/