3 sets, 1 lucky member

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

3 sets, 1 lucky member

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat May 12, 2007 4:27 pm

In 2003 my brother and I compiled a cd of our favorite Halloween tunes. We worked long on it and the outcome was pure fun.

In 04 we had a sort of falling out so there was no 04 set.

In 05 all things were good again, and we searched the net for more songs to put on a second edition of Halloween music for 2005. We ended up with tw discs.

In 2006, although we were certain there weren't many good Halloween party songs that we hadn't already found, we set out to make the missing cd for 2004. We were surprised that we had made a very decent cd all things considered.

We've taken these cd's with us and played them during our Halloween adventures in the arizona desert.

Now he is making duplicates of all three sets and they are for 1 lucky member from halloween.com

Whoever get's these cd's will get a collection that came straight from the likings of me and my brother here in Phoenix. And the thought of our chosen compilations playing for someone else accross the country, and making other people happy, appealed to us.

So there will be a contest. An essay.

"What Halloween means to me."

Tell me what Halloween means to you. Use words that help to paint a picture from your heart. The essay I choose as the best wins the three sets of Halloween music. I will even pay for shipping.

Post your essay in this thread.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun May 13, 2007 1:26 am

It's really a good set of wonderful music. And a contest can't hurt. Your call folks.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

deadbride
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by deadbride » Sun May 13, 2007 10:47 am

I'll post mine soon. I just have to write it down first! :oops: :lol:
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun May 13, 2007 4:15 pm

Cool.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun May 13, 2007 10:00 pm

What a neat idea!!! How long do we have?

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Mon May 14, 2007 2:21 am

What Halloween Means To Me!

Oh Boy! I’ve thought long and hard about this. I guess you could say it means a lot to start with. Since I have a memory problem I can’t really say I recall childhood memories of Trick-or-Treating, or carving pumpkins. But recent memories (pictures) have become a blessing. Halloween is more or less a passion. Instead of my family giving me traditional gifts for holidays such as candy hearts for Valentine’s. They give me Halloween related items. My husband gave me a hearse for Valentine’s Day. I’m sure you saw the pictures of it. My mother gave me a cauldron for Christmas. I do more decorating for Halloween than I do for Christmas. I run my own haunted house, more or less by myself. My son helps out. A lot of people tell me they will help but they usually don’t end up helping. It doesn’t bother me either because I’m having fun. I get to take the kids through the haunt and point out the different scary things or explain what something is. I don’t always try to scare the kids. A lot of times I try to make a haunt that intrigues them, but sometimes they just don’t get it. I’ve never fit in. I’ve always been the square peg in a round hole. And Halloween fits me, I fit Halloween. I can be myself. It means more to me to be able to walk around in a costume than being able to breathe I think. I can create a different world when I build a new haunt every year. Or when I make a new costume, I create a new person. It is hard to explain. I’m not sure how to say what all it means. One word works – FREEDOM! It allows me freedom. Freedom to do what I want to do, I can create any place I want; I can create any world I want. Any life can be created by merely stitching some cloth together and adding some baubles and beads. Time travel is another way to look at it. I can travel any where I want at Halloween, any time or place. That means so much because what other time of the year can you do that? If you showed up at Christmas in a toga someone would think you were totally nuts. I get very passionate about Halloween. I may not say it very eloquently but its how I feel. It means the world to me.

Hope this is what you want. :oops:

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon May 14, 2007 2:57 am

One Eye'd Jack wrote:What a neat idea!!! How long do we have?
How about till wednesday.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon May 14, 2007 3:19 am

Well, shoot!!! That counts me out. My next two days are going to be 12 hour days, easy and my next day OFF is Wednesday.
I wanted to really put some thought into this and come up with something really worth while!

I was thinking more like a month.... Never mind :(

Good luck to the winner!!! :D

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon May 14, 2007 4:17 pm

I can extend it a little longer, but not a month. I want the winner to recieve their prize soon.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri May 18, 2007 3:34 am

Thus far deadbride is winning by default.

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Fri May 18, 2007 12:51 pm

I'm speechless. I'm actually winninng something! yipppeee!!!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri May 18, 2007 4:12 pm

As a matter of fact it's official. You have won the three cd's. Nobody else even tried. So on Monday my brother and I will produce them for you and then I will ship them right away. Please PM me with your mailing address when you feel like it.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri May 18, 2007 4:59 pm

I wish I could have tried, I just have so darn little time!! I appreciate your effort, though, good show Nos and DBride!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri May 18, 2007 11:45 pm

Good for deadbride, and Nos, what a great idea. If we do the gift exchange again this year, I think you would really enjoy it, I feel like you have a very giving spirit. We had loads of fun with it last year.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:16 pm

Well to our one member who stepped up and participated in this contest, deadbride, your prize is in the mail and on it's way to you.

I hope it brings smiles to your face.

If you have questions about the reason for inclusions of the less obvious tracks, I will gladly fill you in on their story so that they make sense to you.