Experiences in movie theaters?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Experiences in movie theaters?

Post by iHaunt » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

About the usual, mostly inconsiderate people (talking, texting, cell phones, commentary, etc). Do you find it an OK these days, or have you had the movie runined by morons?

Do you go regularly, or have any of you sworn it off?

Castle
Halloween Master

Re: Experiences in movie theaters?

Post by Castle » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:27 pm

I thought this thread would've been about something else, but let's see....
Yeah, minors or DBags in general make the movie experience cr@ppy, unless what they say makes me laugh.
"He didn't just eat their bodies, he ate their souls."

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:41 pm

Castle wrote:I thought this thread would've been about something else
HA!
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:39 pm

The only solution that works for me is to go to movies during the week and at the last screening of the particular film I want to see. But there have been times when I wanted to shove the cell phone down the throat of the moron who forgets to shut it off, and then it rings right in the middle of the best parts of the movie.

The movie theatre is NO PLACE for cell phones, so kindly leave them in the car, or side saddle bag if you're on a motorcycle.

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:55 pm

I hate when people in the rows in front of you open their phones to check them during the movie. Yeah, you set it on silent, but that little glowing screen is extremely distracting in a dark theater. If you aren't a surgeon or a member of Seal Team Six, you really ought to be able to go two hours without contact with the outside world.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:47 pm

True, Mike! :) My grandpa has always left his own cell phone in the car while we are at the theater. :D

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:38 am

I like it quite & dark, I don't care for cell phones in a theater or any place else, well except for emergency's!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm not bothered by lighted displays too much, because I'm focused on the screen, and since I'm myopic, I only see out one eye at a time, so that more or less helps in that particular situation, but when those things ring, and especialy when it's some way-out ring tone, or a popular tune ring tone, that does very much detract from the movie going experience. For instance, when I went to see the remake of "The Last Man on Earth" (unfortunately I don't like the title) I was really enjoying the sound track music, and some idiot, as allways is the case, forgot to shut off his cell phone, and right in the middle of a very favorite song of mine, "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley, his phone bursts into a course of "La Kuka Ratcha." I actualy yelled "Shut that damn thing off!!"

I realize that movie theatres are a social situation. I also realize that parents give their kids cell phones in order to stay in touch, but I have to agree with MacPhantom. Unless you have a very important job, like an emergency room Surgeon or a Volunteer Fireman, there's really no need for you to be in constant contact with the outside world. Just shut it off, or leave it in the car.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:32 pm

My mom has cell phone with vibrator so she doesn't have to worry about the phone ringing at the theater. She has it in her backpocket when it vibarates then she will check it out to see what's going on.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:54 am

I understand why people buy cell phones, and I understand why a father would want his daughter or sons to have them. I realize that there are a lot of dangers out there, but what I don't understand is the total lack of respect and consideration that many cell phone users have for others. I personaly don't own a cell phone myself. Never had one, and don't want one. My attitude is that when I'm in my car, on my bike or at the movies or Mass, I do NOT want to be interupted by a phone call. If anyone needs to get a hold of me they can leave me a message on my land line answering machine.

At any rate, I get very annoyed when those things go off at the movies. I get down right Irate, however, when I hear them going off in Church on Sunday. I actualy gave this one guy a very angry and dirty look when his cell phone burst into a chorus of "The Beer Fart Shuffle" right as the priest was consecrating the host. He was visably embarassed, and he SHOULD HAVE BEEN!

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:58 am

Aw, see Mike, now I have to find The Beer Fart Shuffle.....lol
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:27 pm

I don't think that's the actual title of the ring tone. I only called it that because it when it went off it burst into the tune "Hail Hail the Gangs All Here," only it was a chorus of guys singing "Hail Hail the Beer Fart's here PLPLPLPL ......"

Funny? Well, maybe, but not in Church, and especialy during the most sacred part of the Mass.

Hey, I am NOT a humorless man, but I do hold some things very sacred. I don't expect everyone else to think the same way I do and to beleive int he same things that I do, but if you walk into a church, it more or less behooves you to have respect for those who are there because they do believe in those things. Sorry, but sense of humor aside, to me, there are just some things that AREN'T FUNNY.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Strong language warning on the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2l ... re=related

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks for posting youtube vid link, jadewik! :lol: That's really funny! I'll share it to some of my friends and family. ;)

Pooder
Crypt Keeper

Post by Pooder » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:00 am

First of all that message rant was HILARIOUS! Secondly, it pisses me off when my movie is ruined my talking or texting or whatever. My husband and I don't get to see movies a whole lot so when we go I'm not going to sit there quietly and have it ruined. Especially when movies are sooo expensive now and I know the majority of those talkers aren't paying for their own movie.
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted- nevermore!