Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

10 Scariest Ghostly Images and Recordings

Post by iHaunt » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: 10 Scariest Ghostly Images and Recordings

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:06 am

iHaunt, I hate to say it, but most of those photos look very fake. The places have a creepieness about them, but it does look like a lot of those "ghosts" were 'Photo Shopped' into the images.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:42 pm

I know that's strange.... why do people like to create fake photos? :? I know that you are the photographer, and you do know more than I do. ;)

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:38 pm

By the way, some people do believe in ghosts or whatever lies after this world. You know? :?

Pooder
Crypt Keeper

Post by Pooder » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:44 am

I would say that I do believe in ghosts but you have to remember to take these things with a grain of salt most of the time. But I am still one to let my imagination run wild, I love it. One year while living in Maryland and my little brothers were visiting we took the little drive Gettysburg and did a ghost tour. So much fun and a little spooky, mostly family fun with the brothers.
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted- nevermore!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:42 pm

iHaunt, I do actualy believe in the existance of the human soul, which is just another word for 'ghost.' It is also my belief that ghosts, (disembodied spirits or souls) go to Heaven, hell or Purgatory after seperation from the physical body. I do not believe that the actual soul lingers on in this life.

That being said, I believe that paranormal activities are caused by energies released by the brains of the person who is either responsible for what ever evil went on, or by the victims of that person. Insane asylums, prisons, hospitals, funeral homes, and many old houses, or any place where great suffering occured, or where some great real life drama took place, are rife with these stories because of all those energies that are released. It is my belief that only certain people, (and I am NOT one of them) are more partiel to picking up these "vibes" or energies, which is why they see ghosts, or experience the apperitions that are said to have taken place. If they take photos, their own energies may cause the film or COMS chip in their cameras to be exposed in such a way that you would see something strange on the image. Something that isn't supposed to be there.

Again, I have been to dozens of haunted places, have taken tons of photos, and noe one orb or ghost to be found in any of them. I had fun, got some great pictures, and did something that I liked to do, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, nor did I get a photo of it.

Also, there are many, MANY stories about places that are just plain not true. Bachelors Grove, for instance, has been at the center of countless stories of everything from devil worship, to a dumping ground for Al Capone's murder victims, to farmers drowning in the pond, the list goes on and on. The question is, how many of those stories are true, and how many are false? How many are partialy true, and how many were changed over the years as they are passed on from one person to the next?

Again, I visited Bachelors Grove a few times, and have experienced absolutely NOTHING out of the ordinary, unless incredible numbers of mosquitos count.

Mike

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Mike, my grandpa told me some people do believe there is Heaven or ghosts that are wandering around on Earth. There is no Hell. That's just in his opinion b/c he told me nobody will go to Hell. Some might go to Heaven, some might be ghosts on Earth and some might be the re-birth, like to be another person? :?

By the way, over there in India some people believe in rebirth, or if they die they will turn into animals. :?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:53 am

A lot of people believe in reincarnation, and that ghosts are trapped here on earth, but I don't. I have a very conventional Christian belief system when it comes to the human soul. It's my belief that we get one life on this earth, and at the moment of death we're welcomed into Heaven, or sent to Purgatory to suffer for purification, or to hell for all eternity. I realize that by today's standards, belief in eternal punishment is rather extreme and not "politicaly correct," but to me, that's the only belief systemt hat makes any sense. I don't want to turn this into a discussion of religion, however, as that can lead to flaming (pardon the pun) and a lot of people are easily offended when they think their belief system is being challenged.

I do, however, believe that psychic energy, like all other forms of energy, can be neither created or destroyed. For that reason, those individuals who are attuned to it are the ones who see the ghostly images at the various haunted places. Unfortunately I am not one of those gifted indivuduals, and have never experienced anything of a paranormal nature unless you count De Ja Vu as paranormal. Scientists, now a days, explain De Ja Vu as a mild form of epilepsy which everyone has, and I very seldomly experience De Ja Vu any more as an adult. I experienced it quite regularly as a child between the age of 9 and 17.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:33 am

Anyone try out the Ghost Radar app for the iPhone? The guy I talked on other forum about this... he just downloaded it and have been playing with it a bit. Also, he said that some professional ghost hunters recommend using it. Think it will work? :?

Shadows Symphony
Vampire

Post by Shadows Symphony » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:18 am

I'm definitely a believer in the Paranormal, ghosts especially. There's a group of us that will ghost hunt a few times a year. Once in a while we get something interesting. I love this kind of stuff.
If you want to hear some new Halloween/Horror Music... http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowsSymp ... ature=mhee

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:55 am

I believe in the possibility of ghosts, though I have never seen one. I also believe that much of what is currently labeled "paranormal" (like telepathy, for example), may someday be explained by science.

I flirted with the idea of reincarnation as a teenager, but rejected it when I realized that it was ultimately saying I have no core identity. Those who believe in reincarnation believe they may come back many times, male or female, any race, etc. They also conceive of heaven as Nirvana. The soul enters Nirvana "like a drop of water entering the ocean." Now, when a drop of water enters the ocean, its molecules are still there, but it ceases to be identifiable as a water drop. It just merges with everything else. (Coming back as an animal is technically "transmigration," and not everyone who believes in reincarnation accepts that.) I embraced Christianity when I finally understood that it was about retaining identity after death. In both the Old & New Testaments, the God of the Bible is above all the God who knows your name. And Jesus's Resurrection in his body I see as a way of affirming that you will be you forever. So for me, Christianity spoke to a deep-seated need to be assured that I would never cease to exist.

I do believe in Hell, but I think we choose it for ourselves. I don't think God puts anyone there.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Speaking of reincarnation, I hread something that really creeped me out once. Of course, I don't believe in reincarnation, but even if I did, I would not want to believe this. It was theorized by this individual that at some point, every human being comes back to this life as every other human being that existed. That means that you would come back as Adolf Hitler, and all the victims of the holocaust at some point, you would come back to life as Jeffery Dahmer and all of his victims, you would be Gingas Kahn, Mother Teresa, Pope John Paul II, Sadam Husane, FDarah Faucet Majors, you would come back as all of your brothers, sisters, cousens, parents friends and enemies.

Gues what fulks. I murh prefer to live ONE LIFE and then go on to God's Kingdom. I do NOT want to be Hitler, I do NOT WANT to be the all the victims of the holacaust.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:18 am

Oh, I had never heard that theory of reincarnation. I am not sure how that would work, exactly. For one thing, wouldn't it also involve a repetition of time? Wow, talk about cyclic! LOL

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:36 pm

The whole idea behind that theory is that time in and of istelf is a circle. Like I said, I HATE that idea, and when I heaer theories like that, I am so gratful that I was raised Catholic.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Yeah, reincarnation is all about cycles. Christianity is more about individual time-lines. I tend to think that's one reason the West forged ahead of the East in technology. If you think you have only one shot at life, and this is it, you need to try to make the most of it. Part of that drive might include trying to make things as comfortable or convenient as possible.