Decorations Watch

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
TheHallow1
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Decorations Watch

Post by TheHallow1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks to joossa's post, we are now on official Halloween Decorations Watch. Please post and share any and all sightings for the approaching Halloween Season.
Trick 'r Treat

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Decorations Watch

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Good idea. In fact, I'll go on a Halloween Decoration Hung motorcycle ride next Friday when my vacation officialy begins.

Mike

SpookyBlackKat
Master Reaper

Post by SpookyBlackKat » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:45 pm

They're herrrreeee!

The ever faithful Michaels has prevailed once again! They have some awesome faux birds I'll be adding to my collection this year!

Hobby Lobby has several aisles of harvest decor. Our HL just opened this summer and with it's religious origins I honestly don't know what to expect for Halloween. Does anyone know if HL goes all out for our holiday like other craft stores? They already have about 12 aisles for Christmas. Decent monogram faux pumpkins though. I'll probably snag one for the front yard.
I've met The Great Pumpkin.

http://pumpkinbump.wordpress.com/

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:48 am

Yesterday on my way home from work I stopped at our local dollar store to see if they had anything, and there were a few Fall items out, but nothing Halloween as of yet. Right now, it's rather difficult to think about Fall and Halloween. It's going to be 100 degrees today in my area, and 98 degrees tomorrow. Still, that won't stop me from going for a motorcycle ride and looking for signs of Halloween.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am

Except for 4th of July fireworks, I feel as if I haven't really had summer yet. I mean, it's beastly hot and all, but I haven't been swimming a single time, and haven't been to a beach since 2000. We're trying to push our almost-18-yr-old through his Eagle project prior to his birthday on August 4 (when time runs out for him, no longer a Scouting youth). And he is already imprisoned in band camp, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., this week and next week. After that, school starts around here. I'm praying we can get away for a little summer fun at least one weekend before fall starts in earnest.

SpookyBlackCat, I wish I could answer your question about Hobby Lobby. We have had one here for a number of years, but I guess I don't go there often enough to know if they do Halloween or not. I know I've gotten Thanksgiving decorations there, and Christmas of course. And for sure they do fall, scarecrows and things like that. The harvest motif. I'm guessing it would not be a good source for anything "horrific."

SpookyBlackKat
Master Reaper

Post by SpookyBlackKat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:48 pm

I know it's not any decorations or anything, but my sister just sent me a photo from Bath & Body Works. Apparently they have their Halloween line out. They have little bottle of sanitizer and soaps with skulls and skellys. Nothing crazy, but it's nice to see stores in the mood. I'll probably actually get one just to have it in the house or maybe the office.

I feel like Florida is alays behind the rest of the country but it seems we are ahead this year! Go us! Lol
I've met The Great Pumpkin.

http://pumpkinbump.wordpress.com/

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:29 am

OK, went to Old Time Pottery yesterday and saw aisles & aisles of Halloween decor! I bought some more bat lights and some spider lights, too. :D

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:29 pm

They just put out the "back to school" junk... so I have to wait 'till after school starts in August to see any retail Halloween. I keep checking the craft stores, but nothing really "Halloween" has come out yet-- some of them have "fall" out, but nothing remotely ghoulish.

That potential energy is in the air, though... I'm counting down the days!!!

Shadow_of_the_31st
Crypt Keeper

Post by Shadow_of_the_31st » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:28 pm

The dollar trees here in maryland have a ton of fall stuff and have started the halloween stuff having put plastic limbs, eerie netting, and various nic nacs all together on one standalone shelf, but they always seem to be early here and im not arguing with it, i think its nice to see it out.
“this mark, although large, had been originally very indefinite; but, by slow degrees … assumed a rigorous distinctness of outline. It was now the representation of an object that I shudder to name … of the GALLOWS!”
The Black Cat
Edgar Allan Poe

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:41 pm

I just spotted my first seasonal Halloween store today! They're hiring if anyone is interested.

Also noticed the other day that there's a store here that sells Halloween and <
that other holiday in December whose name shall not be mentioned> collectibles. Nah. Haven't checked it out yet.

kweni16
Ghost

Post by kweni16 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 am

aww jealous much. i'd like to decorate as early as today but the rest of the household laughs at me saying that it's too early. :(

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:56 pm

kweni16 wrote:aww jealous much. i'd like to decorate as early as today but the rest of the household laughs at me saying that it's too early. :(

Same here, I wish I could decorate all year long!!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:32 pm

I'm with you, Witchy! I want one room dedicated to Halloween and I can just go in and read a good book or watch a scary movie.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Halloweennut08 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:17 am

In Ohio usually only the fall stuff is out the everyday fall items, Usually the first store I see with stuff out is Crackle Barrel store inside the restaurant usually have stuff out either late august or early September.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:13 am

Our Cracker Barrel has some Halloween stuff out now.