Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Halloween and Horror Movies
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Post by iHaunt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:24 pm

So who's going to see it tomorrow? Maybe this weekend or next week? 8)

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Post by witchy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:59 pm

I just saw it, and it was awesome!! Kinda sad it's over tho.... :(

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:35 pm

witchy wrote:I just saw it, and it was awesome!! Kinda sad it's over tho.... :(

Really? It was good movie, but I've not seen it yet. So there will not the next Harry Potter movie anymore at all?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:18 pm

I saw it with my 14-yr-old daughter, her friends, and another mom. First time we've ever done the midnight movie thing, and it was a blast to be part of that insanity.

As a movie, it wasn't really my favorite of the series. It was "Part 2" of the final novel, and it pre-supposed that the audience already knew the story from Part 1 (a pretty safe bet for the midnight crowd). Consequently, it was not a "stand-alone" movie. And a whole lot of it was taken up with the final battle between Harry & Voldemort at Hogwarts, so it was long on action and short on relationships, I thought. However, I do think they did justice to the death of Snape (by far the most fascinating character in the series), as well as Harry's final, out-of-body meeting with his deceased mentor Dumbledore. And they kept the epilogue, although they omitted some details from it that I had especially loved in the novel.

I think the HP movie series is enjoyable, but the books are superb. I expect I 'll re-read the whole cycle at some point. Even my husband, who is not a novel reader, was enthralled by them.

Oh--and we saw it in 3-D, but I don't think you need to do that. The only moments where I thought the 3-D effects truly enhanced the experience were when the fire-demon was chasing the kids, and when Voldemort died. Oh, maybe the Gringotts sequence, too, but I could have enjoyed the film without the 3-D effects.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Some rumors say that this is going to be the end of Harry Potter movie?!? WHY??? :(

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:08 am

iHaunt wrote:Some rumors say that this is going to be the end of Harry Potter movie?!? WHY??? :(
It's not a rumor, it's a fact. The Harry Potter movies are based on the novel series, and this movie finished the dramatization of that series. In fact, they divided the last novel into two movies (Part 1 screened last November), so they actually made 8 movies out of 7 books.

If you enjoyed the movies but haven't read the books, you really ought to do that. IMO, the books are superb and better than the movies, though I enjoyed the films, too.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:41 am

I agree!!! The movies are good but the books are GREAT!!!