SPEAKING OF GOING TO MOVIES

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

SPEAKING OF GOING TO MOVIES

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi Folks:

We've all been bashing texters, cell phone users and talkers, I thought it would be fun to post about a more positive experience I recently had at a dieing breed of movie theatre. A drive-in. Located in Gibson City Illinois, the Harvest Moon Theatre features two screens, each one screening a different movie. I haven't been to a drive-in since I was about 20, so I thought I would give it a try, and I never did it on a motorcycle before, so I packed up my old Sony Walkman (audio is done by fm broadcast instead of one of those old style speaker boxes) and headed off to Gibson.

The admission was 6 bucks for the ticket, and I paid about 2.75 for a small pop corn and a bottle of water. They even stopped the movie for a 10 minute intermission to give people a chance to use the rest room or buy a snack. I rented a chair, put the head phones on, and relaxed under the moon lie sky and watch "Transformers 3" while a light breeze blew on the engine of my bike and warmed me up.

It was a very nice time. People had blankets, played 'frizby' and many brought their own snacks (which I may do the next time I go).

So if any of you are located near, or at a reasonable distance from Gibson City Illinois (Ford County) the Harvest Moon Drive-In is located right on Route 47, across the street from Pizza Hut. You can google them, and they do have a web site, but I don't remember the URL>

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: SPEAKING OF GOING TO MOVIES

Post by iHaunt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Yeah, Mike! Just like the exactly thread I've posted here! :P