Halloween: Should we or could we???

Discussion of general Halloween topics
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Halloween: Should we or could we???

Post by iHaunt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 am

That is the Questions many people asked!!!

So being that it is the middle of July, I want to know if anyone thinks YES or NO to opening a new haunt for this year with half of the summer being gone??? :?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Halloween: Should we or could we???

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:11 pm

What's the problem? Around here, the haunted attractions never open before mid-September, anyway. Do you mean that there's not time enough left in the year to prepare properly for one?

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Please state your answer in the form of a question. :P
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:27 pm

I know all haunted houses and attractions are always open all year round, but some people in other states didn't see any haunts open all year round.... well, some states do run all year round, some are not! :? How about you? Do you have any haunts that open all year round, or what? Right here, I have 2 haunted attractions that are always opening for all year round. Mostly haunted houses are always open in the month of October. :roll:

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:17 am

I am not aware of any year-round haunted attractions in middle Tennessee. However, we do have a "Hallowed Ground" lantern tour of the Stones River National Cemetery (associated with the National Battlefield), and that runs weekly throughout the warm months. It's not a ghost tour, exactly, but Battlefield employees dress up in period costume and read letters beside the graves of the (Civil War) veterans who wrote them. It is quite moving and, performed at twilight, it has a ghostly quality.

I know there are ghost tours up in Nashville. I don't know if they run year-round, but they might.

I'm guessing that you would have to live in a very "touristy" place to have a year-round haunted attraction.

SpookShowBaby
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by SpookShowBaby » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:04 pm

We don't really have anything open year round in MN either, most of it is in the fall. The Wabasha Street Caves have a 'Ghosts and Graveyards' tour and there are haunted places to go and see, but that is about it. The MN state fair has a haunted house and that is available in August. The closest thing to us are the animatronic haunted houses at Wisconsin Dells. I would love it if there was a haunted attraction open year round, I just don't think it would make enough money to operate that long. :(
“Come let us meet, with charm and spell, by magic arts our fates to tell.”

Midnite Shadow
Halloween Master

Post by Midnite Shadow » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Same thing in WI. Nothing really 'starts' until September. There are probably Haunted Tours or something like that but nothing Halloween related until fall.
They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
Its heaven and hell, oh well

I am Vengeance...I am the Night!

I swear to God...[Batman]SWEAR to Me!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:24 pm

In my neck of the woods, the 'haunted' attractions don't open until late September, but they usualy stay opened through the first week of November.

Mike

Shadow_of_the_31st
Crypt Keeper

Post by Shadow_of_the_31st » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:20 am

There was for several years here an attraction called Kim's Krypt that was open year round and would have multiple name variations for the various holidays that were in season such as Kim's Kryptmas for well that ones obvious. Now it has left Baltimore and I'm not sure where it is now but it used to be right up the street from me and I heard it was really horrific, however I never actually went to it because I volunteered for a more umm humble haunted house for three years and it wouldn't have felt right to go into a place that took the most business from the attraction I volunteered at.
“this mark, although large, had been originally very indefinite; but, by slow degrees … assumed a rigorous distinctness of outline. It was now the representation of an object that I shudder to name … of the GALLOWS!”
The Black Cat
Edgar Allan Poe

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:11 am

I'd like to know more about any haunted house or attraction that is always open all year round in USA, not just only latest Sept thru the first week of Nov, you know? :? I mean, all fun and scary forever! :D