Crazy Halloween Things You've Said?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Crazy Halloween Things You've Said?

Post by jadewik » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:25 pm

So my husband and I were discussing, at lunch today, the steampunk contraption we're building to dispense candy. I wanted to put a conveyor belt in it because it would slow down the dispensing process and increase the wow factor, but my husband told me that was a little too complicated for what he was willing to do... so as a compromise I came up with this little gem.

"Okay, so instead of a conveyor belt, how about we put a GIANT TESLA COIL on top that SHOOTS SPARKS across the garage?!" *throws her hands in the air for a TOUCHDOWN!!!!*

Sadly, he said no-- not because he didn't want to do it (which is totally awesome that he was interested), but on the grounds that neither of us like the neighborhood kids enough to put that much work into our prop... which is probably a good idea, because I could totally see us potentially setting the garage on fire. Still.... TESLA COIL! I was sooOooOoo close...

I thought it'd be fun to share Halloween related stories. Anyone else say anything really crazy when trying to come up with Halloween ideas?

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Re: Crazy Halloween Things You've Said?

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:32 pm

jadewik wrote:but on the grounds that neither of us like the neighborhood kids enough to put that much work into our prop
LOL! now that made me laugh...I dont like other peoples kids either ;)
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:53 pm

The craziest thing I ever did for an outdoor Halloween display was orange and yellow smoke bombs. I would place then in a jack o'lantern like a devil's horns, thenlight them both and they would spew a huge collumn of orange smoke. Everyone got a bang out of it. Even the teens and adults thought it was cute.

Now a days, it's harder then all get-out to find orange smoke bombs.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah, spooky, I have issues with OPK's... I am not a babysitting service. Grar!

SMOKE BOMBS! BRILLIANT! Mike, I might have to borrow that idea! Bwahaha!

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:36 am

I use to like to hide & jump out at the older kids in my costume, but unfortunately I scared a guy about 16 or seventeen years old and he wet his pants, I don't do that any more!! :oops:

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:11 pm

jadewik wrote:Yeah, spooky, I have issues with OPK's... I am not a babysitting service. Grar!
I'm at that age where people in general annoy me just by them being alive most times and their kids really bug me, I'm not really a kid person per se, only in very small doses and then I dont want to be bothered....I sound like a crotchety old man dont I?
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:17 pm

:roll: :lol: :lol: :wink:

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:04 pm

Uhhh.... did you watch the video I posted a link to the other day? I think it's safe to say I said a lot of crazy things. Granted... I was really excited about seeing a bunch of zombies walking by... and I was plastered, but that's no excuse.

http://youtu.be/3NBk5HlxeGk

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:11 pm

NeverMore wrote:.........
Uhhh.... did you watch the video I posted a link to the other day? I think it's safe to say I said a lot of crazy things. Granted... I was really excited about seeing a bunch of zombies walking by... and I was plastered, but that's no excuse.

yes I did, and you irritate me as well...

:lol:

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:48 am

Spookymufu wrote:
yes I did, and you irritate me as well...
Oh, hardee har har!

Yeah... I found me irritating also. But I did come up with a few good ones.

Three?

One?

:-(

I'm hoping to get time to chop the video up and put it to a creepy soundtrack. I made it public domain so if you guys want to do the same, feel free. Use KeepVid to download the video and then import it into your editing program. I'd upload the hi-rez version but with this slow connection it would take months.

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:10 pm

NeverMore wrote:.........

Love the zombie walk vid!! :D And you plastered is too funny! Hehehe!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Orange smoke bombs look really spooky on Halloween, and they even have a sulfer like small, like brimstone. They were really a hit the year before last. Unfortunately I couldn't find a single orang smoke bomb last year or this year. There were plenty of those little smoke balls, that came in multi colored assortments, but I am really hoping to find some of the big ones next Summer.

Mike

oboingo76
Vampire

Post by oboingo76 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:28 pm

I can't think of actual quotes, but 11 years ago my ex husband, ex brother in law and I created a fake dead body and left it laying face down in a pool of blood in my uncle's driveway on Halloween Eve. We pretty much dropped and bailed, feeling it would be most effective if we weren't lingering around ruining the mood. He found it about 10 minutes later in (it was about 1:30am) and it was VERY effective and there was a whole scene, but he chose not to let anyone tell us about it until we were all to get together on the afternoon of Halloween to visit my grandmother in a nursing home. I have a video of our conversations that night after returning from the mission and the next morning while having our coffee. Our conversations speculating what may have happened and all the scenarios we thought of was VERY serious and looking back, it's hysterical and we sound insane.

WIth regard to OPK, I have to admit I'm LESS fond of other kids' parents. Especially the ones who bring their kids up to your house then act offended because it's too scary for them. We even have some idiot parents in the neighborhood who complain privately (they've been caught) about our Halloween decor. And that's before any of the scary stuff comes out - I'm just talking life size mummy posters in the windows. The parents are more bothered than the kids are.
"I don't know what's in there, but it's weird and pissed off whatever it is".

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:01 pm

I never encounterd that level of idiocy before, every year, they limit ToT in my town, and on year thay had it the Saturday before Halloween so they could have some kind of an "Officer Friendly" event on the 31st of Oct. It really S U C K E D that year, because I didn't know about the change, and I was caught short with no candy. I had to hurriedly run out for candy, and I felt like a total and complete dufus.

Mike