Was WIZARD OF OZ your first Scary Movie?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:31 pm

If anyone finds it a nuisance to keep firing up all these old threads, forgive me, but I've finally got a little time to really give this site a good once over and there are so many cool things that you've all had going all this time. I really wish I'd found it sooner.

On my spare time, the Wizard of Oz is something that I try to get AWAY from... or at least take a break from... heheh. You see me Mrs. is a HUGE Oz; Dorothy; Toto; Doll and collectables fan... no. Fan is too light of a word. She's into OZ like we're into Halloween and then maybe more so, if you can believe it. It's all really quite wonderful. Don't get me wrong but, somehow (I'm not quite sure why, really) I didn't expect to have OZ just POP up HERE!

Yes, when I was a kid, the Wizard of Oz DID scare the <deleted> out of me but, I'll tell you what parts scared me the most: The first appearance of the 'Cowardly Lion' made me quite cowardly. And the time when seeing the Wizard, himself, the Lion ran back down the hall and jumped out the window. I was so afraid for him, I remember crying and crying..... yeah yeah... I don't wanna hear it.

Other than that, I loved the flying monkeys and my heart always went out a bit for the witch. Just WHY was she so 'wicked'? What did she really DO but simply want her sisters shoes back.... a family heir-loom, I figured.

And as for the Flying Monkeys and the Winky guards, where ELSE were they supposed to live? MUNCHKINLAND???? By the name, alone, they surely would be outcasts. The Witch's castle was their sancuary. She took them in by the kindness of her heart. And as for the end when they all seemed GLAD that Dorothy had killed the witch... Look at it this way... you're pretty much helpless in a land that has no place for you and some little twit in bobbly-sox comes along and kills the one person that ever showed you some kindness... would you, as well, want to quickly get on her good side?

Did you ever take note when Dorothy first gets to OZ, Glinda asks Dorothy (for the Munchkins) if she was a good witch or a bad witch, then later tells her that only BAD witches are "ugly"....... EXCUSE ME? Dosen't this imply that the Munchkins don't think Dororthy very cute?
Little hooligans!

There it is. I've said enough, here. This after all is a HALLOWEEN site and Lord KNOWS I could go on and on...

I'll leave this topic with a few triffles I enjoyed putting together.

This first is a combination of mine and me Mrs. favorite movies.... (hehehe)

This one was just for fun as I thought it rather lended itself....... (again, hehehehe)

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:37 am

VERRRRY CUUUTE, Jack!!! :lol:

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Tue May 15, 2007 1:16 pm

the wizard of oz never scared me. when i was little, it was 1 of those movies that was only shown on thanksgiving (that and the goonies) and as we all know, thanksgiving is awesome. so oz just always reminded me of the holiday
trick or treat

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon May 21, 2007 1:19 am

My memorys not 100% but I think mine might have been the old version of Salems Lot?