Being Human

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Being Human

Post by NeverMore » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Anybody else been watching this excellent show?

I started off watching the first season of the American version, wanted more so I got the original, British version from Netflix. The American version isn't available yet so if you want to see it you'll have to catch reruns. I have to be careful how much of the British show I watch right now, don't want to learn about any important plot points for when season 2 of our version starts.

Each version has it's strong points and weak points. For one thing, those British people talk funny, but that's a strong point. My roommate and I have taken to using some of the slang we hear in the show.

The guy that plays the werewolf is an awesome actor! I get goosebumps when he goes through the change. And he's so funny. The American werewolf guy pales in comparison, but I still like him. Russell Tovey (English) is the only actor to make it from the pilot to the series.

I prefer the way the Americans handled the ghost chick, though I like the English girl (Annie) more. I have a problem with Annie being able to physically handle things. The only time, so far, that Sally (American) has been able to move things is when she really, really concentrates. Sally looks seriously scary when she goes into poltergeist mode! I haven't seen Annie change yet.

I also like the American vampire's handling, so far. He's much older than Mitchell (Irish vamp) and he seems more tormented. I definitely liked his maker, Bishop, more. Nice nod to the British version of the show by naming the vampire after the British actor. For you gals, my roommate thinks Mitchell is cuter. Pshaw!

I ignore all the arguing over which version of the show is better. Most people are gonna like the version they saw first. Or they'll say the one from their side of the puddle is better. Besides, we have different cultures. I expect the shows to be different. It's like saying Zombieland is better than 'Shawn of the Dead', or verse visa. Same subject, different way of handling it.

Overall... the concept is great. A ghost, werewolf and vampire trying to live together, trying to fit in with human society as a whole. Each of their problems is analogous with real world problems that many humans face. Mitchel/Aidan is addicted to blood in the way that some people are to drugs. As a ghost, Annie/Sally feels isolated and alone, unable to interact with regular humans. George/Josh has serious anger management issues, and once a month they really get out of control. Heh, heh. I had nine sisters. I can relate.

Good show. I think better than Buffy. I give it two fangs up.

.......................Image......................Image

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Re: Being Human

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:11 pm

my wife likes that chick show...

;)
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:19 pm

I love the first season!! I'm not to sure about the upcoming season tho....

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:42 pm

I'm so out of the loop! I haven't seen this one yet, and I love Brit shows! I'll definitely check it out.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Cor blimey! I didn't sus this telly show was for the birds. It's still the dog's bollocks.

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:15 am

NeverMore wrote:.
Cor blimey! I didn't sus this telly show was for the birds. It's still the dog's bollocks.
'Tis great to have ye back, gov'nor!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."