MTV's Teen Wolf

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

MTV's Teen Wolf

Post by jadewik » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:28 pm

http://www.mtv.com/shows/teen_wolf/series.jhtml

Even though I don't really like "wolf-men" (I prefer "werewolves")-- I really enjoy this show. I've been following it since Episode 2.

Okay, so the lacrosse thing is kinda neat-o. Styles is a great character.... but does anyone else find Scott to be too whiney of a character? Gah!!! ... and Derek just keeps popping up when you least expect him. The alpha wolf looks super-spectacular and the plot and sub-plot really drive the series. Overall, it's a little "teenage-angsty"... but deep down, it gives those of us who enjoy werewolves a good show to sink our teeth into.

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: MTV's Teen Wolf

Post by Halloweennut08 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Please don't take this as an attack I love halloween but i'm not into the vampire werewolves im more of a haunted place and ghost person. In my personal opinion this is just a fad all the network will copy to make money its not original at all. Since twilight you will see more and mor show pop up on networks twilight was good all these spin offs. My baby sitter is a vampire, Teen wolf are just not any good.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:28 pm

I remember when Mtv started, we used to watch it all the time, back then they showed music videos.....
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:41 pm

The original movie is classic 80's cheese (complete with van surfing). The sequel should have killed Jason Bateman's career in it's infancy. The commercials for the new mtv show almost makes me want to read sparkling teenage vampire books just to replace the horrible images in my head with something nauseating instead.

But hey... tastes differ!! :D

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:28 pm

* head-desk * Can't believe you're comparing Teen Wolf to Twilight... Aside from the angsty teenagers, the two have nothing in common.

Teen wolf sticks more towards old-school werewolf legend-- not the sparkly Twilight lore. They actually cover the Beast of Gévaudan and go into some of the older werewolf stories which we get from early 1500 France. Of course, being on MTV, there is that element of teenage angst and lovey-dovey <deleted>-- it is a high school supernatural drama and considering all the emo, hipster and goth junk that comes out of high school now-a-days, it's not hard to make the leap to the extreme.

The show is pretty good. There is enough werewolf mauling, explosions, fires and violence to make anyone who is a fan of the regular shoot'em up type films squeal with glee... and, I will admit, that it's nice to see the number of times some of the ripped male characters are seen with their tops off. MmMmmMm.

Season finale is coming up and I have to say I'm glad they renewed it for a second season.

... but, hey, if you're not gonna watch it-- that's cool... but don't dog on the wolf 'till you've seen at least one episode. How else would you know what's in it? =P

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:41 pm

"Dog the wolf " funny.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:39 pm

I've watched snippets of it but it didn't really catch my interest. Perhaps if I start with the first episode I'll get into it. The way you described it makes it sound pretty cool.

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Sorry, Jade. I just can't abide angsty teenagers in a movie or a tv show, unless they're being rapidly dispatched with a chainsaw. Or eaten by zombies.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Mac, I'd be ecstatic if, next season, MTV ran with your ideas. It would certainly up the level of awesome because, let's face it, every horror lover enjoys watching angsty teens be dispatched in the most macabre ways.

(Yeah, there were moments when I wanted to punch Scott in the face... but that's why Styles is my fave character. No angst there.)