Halloween and Horror Movies
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Red Riding Hood (2011)

Post by jadewik » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:47 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486185/

IMDB's Plot Summary:
Set in a medieval village that is haunted by a werewolf, a young girl falls for an orphaned woodcutter, much to her family's displeasure.
This film isn't exactly based on the fairy tale, but it does strongly play off of the story... even to the point of eye-rolling. I will say I did enjoy the film. The acting was strong even if the writing was cheesy. The werewolves were the size of dire wolves and were AWESOME to behold. (Yay!) I also admit that there are enough misleading clues and hints to keep you guessing the identity of the werewolf from start to finish.

I even got all giddy to know the writers did their reading because they worked in a play on the story of the 1588 werewolf in Auvergne, France. Of all the historical stories, the Auvergne wolf story is one of my favorites. They also went all historic on some of the torture methods by including a Brazen Bull (only theirs was a Brazen Elephant).

Don't watch this expecting it to follow the fairy tale. Keep an open mind and enjoy the ride.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Re: Red Riding Hood (2011)

Post by iHaunt » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:26 am

Some people say that this movie is pretty okay, but still liked it. :D They say they do prefer the classic horror movie with red riding hooded girl in "The Company of Wolves". It's very good movie, it's horror/fantasy! :)

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:07 am

I wanted to watch this in the cinema but never got around to seeing it. I will buy it at some point in the next month or so & watch it in the run up to halloween. I think Gary Oldman is great - he was immense in Bram Stoker's Dracula & I am looking forward to seeing him in this.
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:01 am

I saw it, it was good, not great but good!! Enjoy!!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Haven't seen this movie, but agree about Oldman. Great actor.