"LITTLE HALLOWEEN" Friday the 13ths for 2012

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

"LITTLE HALLOWEEN" Friday the 13ths for 2012

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Folks:

I usualy wait until after Halloween to do this particular post, but I was going through the 2012 calender and I just had to post it now. I will also reitterate or re post in January, because I am a little excited about this.

2012 is going to be a nice little 'Trick or Treat" for all of us pumpkin heads who enjoy indulging themselvs in the practice of the "Little Halloween" tradition. For those of you who are new to the forum, "Little Halloween" falls, or is observed by me, every time the 13th of the month, Any month, falls on a Friday. And the Friday the 13ths for the year 2012 are: (THE ENVELOPW PLEASE.................DRUM ROLL)

FRIDAY JANUARY 13, 2012 (What a fabulous way to break uo the long Winter doldrums)

FRIDAY APRIL 13, 2012 (Not even 1 week after Easter. What can be a better way to welcome Spring, then with the observace of "Little Halloween")

.........and last but not least.......

FRIDAY JULY 13, 2012 (I really, REALLY, and REALLY am going to try to put a few bucks aside so I can go on a 'haunted road trip,' that day, and then in the evening, curl up with my fake jack o'lantern and a horror movie or two. To boot, I don't have to work, because we are on our 4 day work week during the Summer months.

Anyway, we get 3 in 2012, not just 1. 3. Count em.

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: "LITTLE HALLOWEEN" Friday the 13ths for 2012

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Like I need an excuse to do Halloween stuff throughout the year :lol:

Thanks for the info, Mike!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Yes, your right Mike!! I'm getting so happy!! :D I'll put on fake pumpkin lights in the living room and watch Halloween movies! :)

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:53 pm

I kind of think of the entire year of 2012 as it's own Halloween.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:39 pm

yay! More reasons to celebrate!

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:00 pm

That's cool! Thanks Mike. :)
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Rising Dead Man wrote:I kind of think of the entire year of 2012 as it's own Halloween.
You mean because of the Mayan calendar thing?

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Yep. I don't actually believe the world will end next year but because of the doomsday hype I consider it a year long Halloween.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:18 pm

Actualy I think all this 'end of the world' hype is going to RUIN the holidays in 2012, which will include Halloween, Thanksgiving and especialy Christmas. You won't believe how many gullible individuals will be hiding in a shelter and won't have their Christmas up because they are convinced they are going to die. There are high pressure telephone sales people trying to get me to spend money that I don't have on "Mayan Prophecy 2012 Survival Kits," and everything sold in those rediculously high priced kits can be had at Wal-Mart for a fraction of the cost.

I truely hope that most people are too smart to fall into that trap, because with 3 Friday the 13ths, 2012 is going to be a great year for us Halloween 'pumpkin heads.'

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:02 am

I don't think it's going to be very different from the Y2K scare. Remember that, how all the computers were going to freeze or crash and life as we know it was coming to an abrupt halt at midnight? It didn't stop the holidays from happening then. I don't think it will stop them now, either.

Actually, if I did believe the world was ending, I think I'd want to have a party. What would be the point of cowering in a cave?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Murf, I realize that bringing up the Bible is not allways a good idea in a forum where there are many different belief systems, but in the Book of Mathew, it plainly says that only God the Father knows when the world is going to come to an end. Not even the angels or anyone in Heaven. Even Christ Himself, didn't know in a knowledge that he could communicate. Only God the Father.

The Mayan Calender predicts a very rare astrological event. It's most assuredly going to be a hay day for astronomers, but it's not going to be the end of the world. To boot, K have heard more 'end of the world' predictions in my day then Carter has liver pills. I even have very distant, vague memories of the Cuban Missile Crises. We all huddled int he basement around the wooden consel Black & White Zeenigh tv that was placed down there. I couldn't understand anything that was going on. I half remember it being fun because we had a family party in the basement like it was Thanksgiving or something. My memory of that is very foggy, but the point is, NOBODY KNOWS when the world is going to come to an end. NOBODY KNOWS THAT.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:39 pm

I agree with you, Mike. The Bible is very clear that no one, not even Jesus, can say when it will happen.

I remember the hoopla around the Cuban Missile Crisis. There was never a day or night when we ducked for cover, so to speak, but I do remember drills where the school children had to walk home with heavy bags of canned food, etc., that their parents had provided from home as emergency rations for them. I, of course, couldn't make it home under the required 20 minutes while lugging all that stuff, so I was told I'd have to stay at school if the missiles struck. I was very upset about that, but my mother said, Don't worry, it isn't going to happen. And she was right.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Like I said, I have very vague, distant memories of that "party" in our basement. I was only 2 at the time, and it's my earliest memory, foggy though it may be.

I didn't have to go through all that "duck & cover' hoopla. By the time I was in school, the 'paranoia" wore off.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 am

I had an affluent uncle out in Texas who actually did buy and install a bomb shelter for his family. I think many years later he remodeled it into a wine cellar.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Ever see the movie 'Blast From the Past'? Starts at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis, some guy builds a fallout shelter in his back yard. One night the family is in the shelter checking it out and a plane crashes into his house. The guy thinks it's World War III so he seals his family inside with a timer set to open it in 35 years. Well you can imagine the humor when the son, who lived his whole life in a bomb shelter, emerges into the world of the late 90s after listening to his dad describe what the would was like before armageddon. It really was a clever movie. Plus Christopher Walken played the dad so it's worth watching just for that.