Remnants of Halloween 2011

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Remnants of Halloween 2011

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi Folks:

It seems that once it's November, all the decorations come down, and the merchandise in the stores turns to Christmas, but as usual, I thought I would post a brand new thread dedicated to the remnants of the previous Halloween.

In my town, the public area by the Amtrak Station is still adorned with a tomb stone, ghost and jack o'lantern and they are all lit, or at least they were when I went riding around on my bicycle. The stores have all the ToT candy for 50% off, and the local dollar store has Halloween decorations and other merchandise on sale for about the same discount. The stuff is going fast, and most of the good stuff is already gone. Christmas decorations are taking over rapidly, and even the tv comercials are now Christmas themed.

The drug store where I get my prescriptions filled, often does have a table that has left over Holiday decorations which include, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. Last June, they actualy had one stuffed jack o'lantern amidst a boc of Christmas tree ornaments and an Easter basket.

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Remnants of Halloween 2011

Post by Pumpkin56 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:26 pm

I went to Spirit on November 1st because everything was half-off and bought another led pillar candle and a 'Support Halloween' car magnet. I also bought my wee niece a Jack Skellington nightlight (since she's now a huge fan of his) and a light up Harry Potter wand. I expect that she'll be casting spells on people that tell her 'no' 8)

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:30 pm

The stores here have 50% off too. There isn't anything I like though unfortunately.
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:49 pm

The stores around here had plenty, although I wasn't really in a position to drop a ton of money. I only got what I felt to be essentials :lol:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:31 pm

There is still a lot of ToT candy. The problem is I already have tons left over from Halloween, so I'll be giving a lot of that away. As for the decorations, they are almost all gone, except for Halloween themed paper napkins, plastic wear or dinner plates. I picked up a few at 50% off, but all the really neat things, like strobe lights and the like are all gone.

The book store at the college where I work had only one tiny little jack o'lantern left, and it was totaly surrounted by Christmas decoratins that I could have missed it easily if I weren't looking. I had to go there to buy a thumb drive, and I thought I would check it out, and there it was. Little elves, stocking shaped pot holders, Santa Clauses, Snow Men, Reindeer, and right amidts it all is one lonlie little jack o'lantern, smiling away for all he's worth. It was actualy comical.

Mike

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:33 am

They could have had the Jack O'Lantern singing Christmas carols! :lol:
Yours in haunting;

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:04 pm

It did look pretty funny. The lonlie little jack o'lantern in the Christmas Tree Ornaments. LOL

As for remnants of last Hallowee, It's unbelievable that just one week ago, I was handing out ToT candy, watching horror movies and celebrating my favorite holiday of the year. I had 3 nicely carved jack o'lanterns, and I weent for my midnight Halloween Motorcycl Ride.

The bad news was, because of my photo schedule, I had to take Halloween down a day earlier then usual, and I also had to start my Christmas cleaning earlier, so I finished scrubbing down the kitchen and diningroom, all the time, I have a large garbage bag with 3 moldy jack o'lanterns wiating to be taken out to the garbabe. So I still have that one moldy remnant of Halloween 2011. Of course, I still have a ton of Milk Duds and Reeses left over, too. I haven't gotten around to bringing them to work yet.

Mike

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:28 pm

I know what you mean Mike, I can't believe that Halloween 2011 was 1 week ago! It goes so quick! I'm still lighting my Jack Skellington tealight holder though when i'm not on night shift. :D

I'm looking forward to Christmas now. :D
Yours in haunting;

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:06 pm

I bought the candy. Have probably 3/4 of what I would need for next year. Its the only way I could afford it. Again, can't wait!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:57 am

If you save it from year to year, how do you preserve it? Do you freeze it? And what kind of candy do you get for long-term storage?

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:38 am

I usually just buy hard candy, like Jolly Ranchers etc. It keeps fine

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:25 am

Well I'm sitting here eating a bunch of my leftover candy---I grabbed a handful of starburst on the way out the door and to my dismay, nearly every single package has lemon in it!! All I want is one red one and none of these have it :( I bet the kids have x-ray vision and could see through the packaging. That's probably why I have a ton of starburst left...

Lillith
Halloween Master

Post by Lillith » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 am

I love the lemon ones but the red ones are my favorite. For me the green stays in the package.
Skin all bone-china white
O you were a vampire
And I may never see the light

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:54 pm

Starbursts?? Those were very popular candy when I was in high school, but not because we loved it so much. It was because they make such great projectiles to throw at people. Were you ever hit in the side of the neck with a Starburst? It hurts, I'll tell you. A couple of the Football bullys at my school use to pelt me with those things all the time, so I went to K-Mart and bought myself a wrist rocket and a huge bag of starbursts, and started pelting them back.

Well, as for remnants of Hallwoeen 2011, tonight the 3 moldy jack o'lanterns go out to the garbage, and tonight after I do my Christmas Cleaning chore for this evening, I start sorting out what candy goes to the candy 'community chest' at work ans which candy I keep. I only have one bag of Reeses left, so I'll keep those. I like the milk dues, so I'll keep one bag of those , too. There

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 pm

I cut up my pumpkins with machete and threw them away yesterday and that was the last of my Halloween stowaway.
我想念我的家