Anyone pondering on new Halloween projects for 2012?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
ramaries69
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Anyone pondering on new Halloween projects for 2012?

Post by ramaries69 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:39 pm

I am going to convert one side of my living room wall into a haunted mansion.(mural)

What do you have planned for 2012?

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Re: Anyone pondering on new Halloween projects for 2012?

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:03 pm

I want to put more zombies in the trees but I have to cut down one of my prime trees in spring so that will mean only one to work with. :x
我想念我的家

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:04 pm

I think I may actually get around to some papier mache projects for next halloween. I kept talking about them this year but never actually created them :?

Next year will be different! Next year, I won't be a worthless haunter!

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:02 pm

We currently have 5 gravestones, so we want more of them. I want to make a ghost like in the opening scene of Trick 'r Treat' to go into the graveyard. I was going to do it for this Halloween, but never got round to it. I'ld also like to get hold of a couple of skeletons & have them on our son's swing & slide! :) 8)

Inside i'ld like to get hold of a Halloween tree. A department store in the Mall had one this year but I never had the cash to buy it as I saw it after spending money on lots of other things!
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 am

I don't know about decorating for the 'big day' istelf, but my fondest Halloween dream woul be to make an extended 'haunted road trip' to the Staten Island, and take some photos at that abandoned mental institution where the legend of "Cropsy" was born. There are two problems with that right now, though. 1. the money, and 2, October is one of my busies months for photo shoots both for the business and at work, so that's something I may have to wait until after I retire.

Of course, once I get a line on my finances again, there are plenty of 'haunted' places in Illinois I can go visit and take photos.

Mike

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 am

Pumpkin56 wrote:I think I may actually get around to some papier mache projects for next halloween. I kept talking about them this year but never actually created them :?

Don't worry p56, you're not the only one. I also wanted to make some paper mache projects and didn't get around to it, either. :P

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:40 am

Jack Skellington wrote:We currently have 5 gravestones, so we want more of them. I want to make a ghost like in the opening scene of Trick 'r Treat' to go into the graveyard. I was going to do it for this Halloween, but never got round to it. I'ld also like to get hold of a couple of skeletons & have them on our son's swing & slide! :) 8)

Inside i'ld like to get hold of a Halloween tree. A department store in the Mall had one this year but I never had the cash to buy it as I saw it after spending money on lots of other things!
Jack, I want a halloween tree too but not willing to pay $$$. So, I already bought my 4ft. pre lit tree to spray paint. I paid 10 dollars, for the tree and a can of spray is about a buck. I've noticed Target and other stores have the black trees but I would rather wait for a sale but then, I didn't want to chance, on the retailers running out of them. Black trees, I don't think, are very popular so I don't think, they would order a vast supply. I also figured, I purchase it now so that I can work on it with ample time. :P

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:24 pm

That's something I just don't understand. Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing you or saying that you're wrong for wanting a Halloween tree, but I wouldn't want the hassle of putting up a Halloween tree. I don't mind it at Christmas time because it's an integral Christmas tradition, but for H alloween, the jack o'lantern is THE archytipical Halloween tradition. I would prefer not to bother putting up a tree for Halloween, and I would prefer to keep Halloween as Halloween, and Christmas as Christmas.

All though, I did say that the idea of a Christmas Wearwolf, or a Christmas decorated jack o'lantern might be fun, when I was on an other thread. But a Halloween tree?? Too much work IMHO.

Mike

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:43 pm

I understand what you mean BUT it's only work, if you mind. I love and enjoy that type of stuff so for me, it's no big deal.

So you don't think, this is cute?

I think it's adorable and to me it doesn't matter what type tree I utlilize as long as it's halloween themed.
Attachments
black-bling-tree.jpg
black-bling-tree.jpg (99.06 KiB) Viewed 30668 times

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:35 pm

ramaries69 wrote:
Jack Skellington wrote:We currently have 5 gravestones, so we want more of them. I want to make a ghost like in the opening scene of Trick 'r Treat' to go into the graveyard. I was going to do it for this Halloween, but never got round to it. I'ld also like to get hold of a couple of skeletons & have them on our son's swing & slide! :) 8)

Jack, I want a halloween tree too but not willing to pay $$$. So, I already bought my 4ft. pre lit tree to spray paint. I paid 10 dollars, for the tree and a can of spray is about a buck. I've noticed Target and other stores have the black trees but I would rather wait for a sale but then, I didn't want to chance, on the retailers running out of them. Black trees, I don't think, are very popular so I don't think, they would order a vast supply. I also figured, I purchase it now so that I can work on it with ample time. :P
That sounds like a great idea. I also love that pic of the Halloween tree you posted as I said before on another thread. :D

This is the one I have my eye on: http://www.johnlewis.com/231216389/Product.aspx i've seen some nice decorations for it too. :) I'm hoping the tree will come down in price though just like the Haunted House, which is what I also want. It's on the same link but smaller on the right hand side. :wink:
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:22 am

Ram, to each his or her own. IF you want to put up a Halloween tree, go for it. I am a traditionalist, however, when it comes to many aspects of life, but especialy holidays. For me, Halloween tradition does not call for a tree. It calls for a jack o'lantern or jack o'lanterns. Christmas tradition calls for a tree.
You are right. It's only work if you don'e enjoy it, and your display does look cute.

I also like Jack Skellington's idea of a Christmas themed jack o'lantern, and even suggested that it would work on both holidays.

Also, it should also be mentioned that my all time favorite Christmas story is a ghost story. "A Christmas Carol."

So if you want to put up a Halloween tree next October, I say go for it. I'll just continue to observe my own tradition of Halloween decorations and multiple jack o'lanterns.

Mike

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:41 am

That sounds like a great idea. I also love that pic of the Halloween tree you posted as I said before on another thread. :D

This is the one I have my eye on: http://www.johnlewis.com/231216389/Product.aspx i've seen some nice decorations for it too. :) I'm hoping the tree will come down in price though just like the Haunted House, which is what I also want. It's on the same link but smaller on the right hand side. :wink:
[/quote]

Nice link, Jack. But no, bueno for me! Lol! I already have my eye on some things. I like the tree, btw. :)

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:58 am

Well I really can't tell at this time because it's too long way to go till Halloween 2012... maybe I can tell by the end of summer 2012. ;)

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:21 am

ramaries69 wrote:
Pumpkin56 wrote:I think I may actually get around to some papier mache projects for next halloween. I kept talking about them this year but never actually created them :?

Don't worry p56, you're not the only one. I also wanted to make some paper mache projects and didn't get around to it, either. :P
Hey it was totally you that mentioned Stolloween's paper mache site on another thread awhile back! That's the direction I was heading too. I can't wait to give that a try. My only obstacle will be trying to figure out where to store it :D

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:12 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Ram, to each his or her own. IF you want to put up a Halloween tree, go for it. I am a traditionalist, however, when it comes to many aspects of life, but especialy holidays. For me, Halloween tradition does not call for a tree. It calls for a jack o'lantern or jack o'lanterns. Christmas tradition calls for a tree.
You are right. It's only work if you don'e enjoy it, and your display does look cute.

I also like Jack Skellington's idea of a Christmas themed jack o'lantern, and even suggested that it would work on both holidays.

Also, it should also be mentioned that my all time favorite Christmas story is a ghost story. "A Christmas Carol."

So if you want to put up a Halloween tree next October, I say go for it. I'll just continue to observe my own tradition of Halloween decorations and multiple jack o'lanterns.

Mike
I feel as you do about the Halloween trees, Mike. And Christmas Carol is absolutely my favorite secular Christmas tale.

A couple of years back I did buy a tabletop decoration that looked like a barren tree branch. It had Halloween-themed decorations hanging from it. But it is only about a foot tall and doesn't look at all like a Christmas tree. Frankly, although I love my Christmas tree, it also takes up some room in my living room and is a bit of a hassle during the holidays. We have to rearrange the furniture for it, etc. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that for two different holidays.

But anyone else who likes the idea, by all means, go for it.