Year Round Decor Ideas

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Year Round Decor Ideas

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:50 am

Hi People, One of the things I collect and have up year round that I feel is kind of Halloweenish is my Windstone Edition Collection. Granted, its not a 100% Halloween collection, but more a fantasy Collection. I have dragons, wizards like Wizard Woodlore, gargoyles, black unicorns,a very cool vampire bat,various cats including the wizard cat which is so cool, Hippogriff which is very Harry Potter to me, and the ever sooo cool Grimalkin, the stone cottage, Wizards retreat which are both very Harry Potter also.
Does anyone else collect Windstone Edition? And what are some of the other Halloween type decor that people collect, would love to here about them. :)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:03 am

There are a couple of things that I keep out year round, just because I like them. I have a gorgeous suncatcher that is a JOL face that lives in my kitchen window. And on my mediataion altar is a Witch figurine that is sort of Tim Burton-ish in style. (Hey, they said to put things on there that make me happy :lol: ) And of course there is the Magic Pumpkin, my main Halloween accessory!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:46 pm

Hi Hooch, your meditation alter sounds like a really soothing idea, hmm, makes me think? Love the sound of the witch also

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:41 pm

There are some items i keep out all year, one is my Pumpkin Pie Yankee Candle, and last year i was bought two lovley tea light holders one is a cute witch and the other a ghost. I also keep a small twig wreath with a flying witch in the centre, i keep that on my bedroom door handle! I like keeping them out, some people have exmas trimmings, so why not? lol

Willow x

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:17 pm

We currently have out gargoyle bookend candle holders and a dragon candle opera that are out year round Plus a drawing that you would probably like framed at the top of the stairs. makes people sto in their tracks the first time they see it. If i get some time sat well put up pics.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:07 am

Hi Slightlymad, I love the sounds of your gargoyles, I'm a big fan of them myself and have several in my home. Yes I'd love to see pictures of your place and the print you mentioned.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:12 am

Hi Willow, I agree with you whole heartedly. I leave many of my Halloween decorations up year round. I have bats on my front windows, and several things in my front garden such as a tomestone that greets people saying RIP and has a grim reaper on it, and a bat cat in my entry way planter outside my front door to name just a few.

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:11 pm

Finally got the pics couldnt find the gargoyles she must have cleeaned up for easter.
[/img]

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:59 pm

Hi Slightlymad, Ya the candle holder is very cool. And I just "love" that print, its gorgous!

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:56 pm

Thought you might like that.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:16 pm

I dont really keep a whole lot of halloween things up. It makes me really enjoy them when i get to pull it all out in september.

Maybe ill have to change this - what can i pull out?
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:48 pm

Mandy0221, How about a Halloween theme room, or even just a shelf decorated with some of your Halloween Favs?

I have a year round Gothic/Halloween themed garden, and my kitchen once I do it up will be two themes. I think maybe 1/2 the year it will be its Old world Paris theme, and the other 1/2 of the year The Witches Lair. Oh and I have a few Halloween type things through out the house that blend well with my main decor.

OEJ'S Computer area was done up really cool :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:34 am

DOD - My mom actually mentioned me setting up my village in the basement all year around. Which I wouldn't mind, but then im afraid it wont be as enjoyable come Halloween. Plus as expensive as they are I dont want to ware out the animation.

Well I certainly think when i buy my own house (one of these days) my game room will be themed halloween, maybe like a dungeon. For now, I think I just may go pull out a ghost and pumpkin or two!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:15 pm

Hey Mandy, I am starting a Spookytown Village also. I was wondering, how long will the animation parts work though? And can the animation parts be repalced? The pieces are pretty expensive to buy, so I hope they last a long time

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:54 pm

DOD - I have had my village for 3 years and so far nothing has malfunctioned. But I know a few friends who lost certain animated features within a year or two. As far as I know, it would be too expensive to fix them. But the pieces are still great even if they don't stay animated.

All of mine still work - but I add about 3 more a year. This year I already have 5 new pieces to add!!!!! YAY I find that buying them little by little over the year allows you to drop $100.00 a piece and not feel bad about it.