2007 Summer Halloween Gift Exchange

Discussion of general Halloween topics
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

2007 Summer Halloween Gift Exchange

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:08 pm

Hey everyone - there was some talk on the previous thread about a mid year Halloween exchange. See what everyone can come up with and let all the new members get to see what all the fun was about.

I'll be more then happy to coordinate this one. So if you want to be a part of the fun just say you are in. We will give it a week or so to see how many people we can get in on the fun! If you are interested just PM me with your name/address and wishlist.

How it works:
We will get a list of names of who wants to participate. Lets make a limit of a $10.00 gift that includes shipping. (I think that was last years limit)Once partners are assigned I will PM your partner with your info. Then we will make a delivery deadline date.

(Did I leave anything out?)

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:43 pm

Let's at least wait till August, when more Halloween stuff starts coming out......... whaddya say?

revelesnet
Crypt Keeper

Post by revelesnet » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:17 am

Sounds good to me
Is it Halloween yet? and by the way it's not makeup it's jaundice.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:41 am

I'd love to particiapte, but have a few questions & concerns. 1) I think I would have quite a bit of trouble finding something Halloween here at this time of the year, so would it have to be Halloween or just something they want? 2) I don't think I could find anything decent for $10 and especally to include S&H :cry:

The only place I could get something Halloween would be on ebay, and the USA S&H prices sky rocketed May 14th, and then when I convert to CAD funds and duty, I would be SH** out of luck to be able to do it for anywhere near $10 :oops:

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:32 am

I'm in.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:30 am

DOD - I think it will be kind of tricky but maybe thats part of the fun. I know some people probably have some stuff already at home - others might just be getting creative with what they are able to find.

Here we have hot topic, spencers etc. but I think I remember you mentioning that you don't have anything like that around you.

Also - OEJ mentioned waiting until August. If that is what everyone wants to do its fine with me. I personally think it would be fun right now, have our little halloween celebration right in the middle of summer. Anyway let me know what the rest of you think.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:18 pm

Hey Mandy0221, I want so bad to participate , but I think I may have to pass on this early one :cry: cause ya There isn't anything out this time of year, unless anyone knows if Michael's stocks year round, we do have a Michael's in the next town. Our closest Spencers is in Langley so I can't make it out there right now. I wish we had a target, you guys have so many cool stores down there, your so lucky!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:03 pm

One good affordable gift idea DOD is the 7.99 DVD shelf at Wal Mart, and find a scary movie.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi Nostalgiascape, Well, we do have a Wal Mart. Ok I'm in! Depending on what my partner has on their wish list I will really have to get creative :wink:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:18 am

What do you guys think about leaving out the wish list part? Might be less pressure that way, and I know I'll be happy with anything Halloween related. I'm in.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:38 am

Hey MHooch, Doesn't matter to me. But whomever my partner is, I'd at least like to get an idea list from them, so that I can have some idea of their tastes and style. And so that I don't get them something they may already have. I'm really big on getting a person something that shows them that I know them a bit, know what I mean. Even Hallwoeen has so many styles I'd hate to send my partner something they wouldn't want.
So whoever I get as a partner I'd like them to know that I'd at least like some ideas of what they like and don't like, even if it isn't an itemized wish list, just some idea of their taste. :D

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:16 am

I'd like to be in because I missed out on last Halloween's thingie. I want my gift thingie to be a surprise, and I want to surprise the other person too! I will make sure their present is eggstra-creepy!

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:38 am

i'm in as long as it's done soon.
i'll be held up in best for a good part of the summer, then in the fall i'll be moving
trick or treat

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:04 am

Hey rosie, where you moving too?

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:06 am

Yes I'd at least like to find out who my partner will be so that I can hook up with them and doo some diggin about their interest and such.