The Dead End

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:00 pm

OK, Thanks a lot, Ghostess!
Feel free to add my banner when you take your time. PM me if you need my banner logo image along with a brief description. And also, be sure to PM me your own banner logo image includes url link and a brief description of your site.

BTW, I really like your skeleton on the chair pix image!! :wink:

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:07 am

Thanks, ghostess, that pic gives me a really good idea of how it would work. I appreciate it! I have been looking at your website for days...I am soooo impressed by your imagination and talent. I absolutely love your "bluckies'...because the thing that keeps me from buying a lot of skeletons is the cost, but those look fabulous. And the papier mache is just gorgeous, I particularly like the reaper. You are truly an artist. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:03 am

Glad I could be of service!
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:46 pm

Yeah i keep going back to browse your site too. you have done so much I have to glean an idea from you here and there. :D

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:15 pm

I loved the head in a jar. Can't wait to try it out on the family. :twisted:
Don't drink and fly...

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:52 pm

I updated my site, and added a page or two, plus moved all of the projects and how-tos to another page to make it easier to navigate. I'm still working on moving things around and adding more how-tos as I go.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:27 pm

Wow! Ghostess, you must be very busy working on your site! Well, please let us know when you are done working there! :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue May 29, 2007 7:23 pm

Hi ghostess, all I can say is WOW, you so rock! And what's your address? I think I'm gonna just move in now :lol: I am so impressed with the quality of your decor, you could just leave it like that all year! You've done a spectacular job, just simply amazing and breathtaking! I added your site to my favs, to look at over and over again. Thanks for inspiring and offering such wicked ideas. :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed May 30, 2007 7:48 am

WoW ghostess I still can't get over the work that must have been involved in doing a haunt like that, never mind the $$$ I just love your Gargoyle/Demon in the cemetary, and that wicked Pumpkin head Tree guy sooooo cool! Oh and then theirs those witches at the cauldron, but perhaps my fav is The Bat Room, where on earth did you get that awesome black sign that reads: Beware of The Bats. I just fell in love with that room :wink:

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:03 pm

Awww, shucks... now I'm blushing!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:36 am

Hi ghostess, where did you buy all your goodies for your bat room? Especally the signs and the plaque on the back of the door

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:20 am

I got the metal "Beware the Bats" sign from Target a few years back. I made the sign on the door that says "Bat Room" (it'sa piece of pink extruded insulating foam with one of those plastic bat wall things glued to it, and I used a Dremel to carve the lettering, then painted it all.) I bought a bunch of bats from the dollar store and WalMart, and gotthe really big bats from Party City. I made the shower curtains out of tulle.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:05 pm

Ok Thanks for letting me know ghostess. Wish we had a Target here and a Party City, count your Halloween blessings, you guys rock down there with so many cool stores, lucky people you are :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:22 am

Hey ghostess, I was just wondering. When its not Halloween, is your home decor of a darker taste? Is it gothic/Halloween at all? Or is it just at Halloween that you decorate toward the dark side?

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:33 am

I actually lean toward a more "natural" theme in my house year 'round. I like dragonflies, certain simple flowers, plants, frogs and stuff like that. Everything's beige, tan, cream, sage, and those kinds of neutral colors, with some burgundy, dark brown, and black thrown in here and there.

I do keep some knick knacks out all year, like some 3 foot tall skeletons on the plant ledge over the kitchen/family room, and skulls here and there. I have a curio that I keep some of my favorite Halloween things in. My gargoyle stays in my dining room. I keep my Halloween cookbooks and decorating books on my witches' bookshelf along with some other little Halloween things. I can never bring myself to pack ALL of my goodies away. :) I just sneak them in here and there and see if anyone notices.