What is your party theme for 07?

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
Halloween71
Zombie

What is your party theme for 07?

Post by Halloween71 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:59 am

I am already and have been planning since 10-31-06 for 07 party.I have ordered a bunch of stuff since it was half off.
my party this year will be on 10-27-07 (I have the building reserved)I already know what the invitation will be and already wrote it up and saved it.I am using a picture of last years party and have the info pasted on the back.I have to admit I really thrilled with my poetry on this(my first attempt).
I have my brother downloading music so i can piece together my cd's.The first hour is halloween music and the rest of the time is one slow-one country-one 80's-one70's-one hiphop-one 90's-one 60's and repeat usually for 20 songs.I already have them lined up I just need to get my greedy little hands on them.My aunt had a party in Dec. and hired a dj she paid 400.00 for him.After it was over she said I wish we would have had you bring your stuff.I just set the cd's up and let them play-I also have the disco lights and awesome speakers.I only mess with the set up if some one has a request which last year was only twice so I must have pleased the masses we had 65 attend.I see alot of them and they still talk about the party and talking about costumes-others that didn't attend got word and have told me this year they will be there.Everyone talked about the decorations.And couldn't believe I provided all the booze and alot of food -which I didn't leave with a crumb last year nor a bottle of beer which is good.But will have to buy more this year I am estimating over 80 this year.
Anyway my theme this year is witch,spiders and bats.
I am planning on doing glow glasses and straws.Bottle collars on bev. in the cooler.Of coarse we will have glow sticks and braclets.I am doing jello shots and serving them in the plastic cups with lids on glow serving tray.I am also having those funny glow eye glasses ,glow cutlery , ice cubes, and ice cream bowls (for dip)
I have already got my witch and fogging couldron and a puking witch for my mountain dew surprise.I have bats and a skelton that I am decorating into a witch,pumkin lights for tables and table clothes.
My costume will be the cauldron witch my hubby's will be the scarecrow and son will be the tin man.
Just wondering where everyone is at on planning-and trying to keep this great board active.
Halloween all year would be great.

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:02 pm

Several years ago we had a Hollywood-themed party, and I'm thinking about doing that again. (My next fav thing to Halloween is movies.) Or, because there's a new Harry Potter movie (and possibly a book, we don't know yet) coming this year, maybe a Hogwarts theme. As you can see by my nickname, I'm a Potter fan!

Mrs. Barnabas Collins
Zombie

Post by Mrs. Barnabas Collins » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:06 am

hi mhooch we are very big harry fans here too. cant wait for the new movie. i load up my 6 grandkids in the van and playing my soundtract cd from the movie . we fly in grandmas flying van to the movie. very worried about the new book and last ,comming in july. afraid for harry.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:24 am

Yes, Mrs Collins, there is some concern here, too. Can't wait to read it, but at the same time sad that it will be over. It'll be a busy week around here, July 13th is the movie premier (and we go in costume) and then July 21st is the book publishing date and the big party at Barnes&Noble (ditto the costumes). What fun!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:05 pm

Sad to say I dont think I am having a Halloween party this year. I still live at home with my mom so the only party I can really have is for the family - and we usually take turns hosting it with all other family members. So since I had last years I cant really claim this year.

BOOOOOO

Im still trying to come up with some way out of this situation.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:51 pm

I get really excited about thinking about this upcoming season. As mentioned before I ususally have at least 2 parties a year...childrens and adults but this year I may have three... childrens (age 0-11) and then I think I will let my daughter host a party with her friends and of course the adult one... As for themes i haven't thought too much about it but I am going to try my best to have a really decked out costume!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

ghostess
Master Reaper

Post by ghostess » Tue May 22, 2007 7:58 am

I was considering my theme (pirates) and party for this upcoming season while I was working on last year's party and display. November 1st, I sat down and started writing down everything I wanted to do for this year, plus things that didn't go well last year or didn't get done on time, etc.. so I could make sure not to make those same mistakes. I made lists too, so that instead of my husband and kids asking me constantly what they can do to help on the 2 days prior to the party, they can look at the list and pick something and do it, then cross it off when I inspect their work (I'm a perfectionist apparently). I've been working on new props for a few months now.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

ImAWalkingCorpse
Crypt Keeper

Post by ImAWalkingCorpse » Mon May 28, 2007 1:32 am

I am not sure about this year, but next year will be a "Halloween" movie theme with it being the 30 year anniversary of the film's original release.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:55 pm

Nonthing is set in stone yet, but I"m hoping to have a party this year with a Revolutionary War theme. Come as your favorite ghost of that period.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:33 am

OMG, HH...my husband will BE there, just tell him the time and place....he's a history teacher!!! :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:26 am

Well, what if you don't have a theme but would like some ideas for an adult Halloween party? This will be our first official Halloween Party for our friends and their kids but the kids will be taken care of, stuff for them to do is easy. What is there for a group of married couples who aren't Halloween fanatics like my wife and I?
:?: :( :?:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:40 am

Hi Dr Strange, nice to meet you...

We enjoy playing Halloween charades: before the party I print out a bunch of words or phrases having to do with Halloween or spooky things (ie: cemetery, trick or treat, Frankenstein) and we play charades with them. We use movie titles too, anything with a horror/Halloween theme. We usually split up into at least two teams, and it always turns out to be rollicking good fun!

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:00 am

You know, as simple as that idea is, I hadn't thought of it. Thanks. That should go over very well.

I have some ideas but they're mostly decorative. I work with medical equipment and we have tons of saline bags coming through my work. I'm planning on emptying a few bags and serving some red colored drinks through "blood bags." I'm also really digging the decorations shown on the Martha Stewart site, which as a man is pretty hard to admit. I like the understated look rather than the tons of, "Look what Wal-Mart was selling last week" look.

But that's just me.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:45 pm

I totally agree with you about Martha Stewart. I ALWAYS buy her Halloween edition of the magazine, and I have gotten some really good decor and costumes ideas from that and her website. Good recipes, too. And I love a man who's in touch with his feminine side... :wink:

jackskellington17
Zombie

Post by jackskellington17 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:16 pm

i was thinking about hosting a party i need ideas
the halloween fanatic