Are you ready for Christmas?

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Are you ready for Christmas?

Post by iHaunt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:08 pm

The turkey is eaten, the lights and tree are up and for some XMAS shopping is already done. I don't understand that, personally. For me, XMAS shopping in December is a time-honored tradition... and not just an admission of procrastination. I just like the mood of shopping while the snow flies, the music plays and the crowds swell. There is just something about it that lends to the overall feeling of XMAS. And we are feeling XMAS now in a big way.... :D

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Re: Are you ready for Christmas?

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:16 pm

I have most of my process finish but still need some stuff. What is the most monies you spent on someone?
我想念我的家

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm ready to think about Christmas and enjoy the season, but I'm certainly not ready for it to happen tomorrow.

I try to buy a few gifts ahead of time so I can afford Christmas. We are on a tight budget this year, so there will be fewer presents than sometimes, but I can still make the season enjoyable with the cleaning, decorations, music, and good food.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:46 pm

The Advent Wreath was put together last Saturday. Last Sunday I put up a couple of strings of lights, and a couple of decorations, tonight I put up the tree and put the lights on it. and next Saturday I have my Tree Trimming Party. Then I am all set for Christmas. The decorations and tree will stay up until Jaunary 1st.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:15 pm

I have an Advent wreath, too, Mike. It is in the middle of my dining room table, where the carved pumpkin was on Thanksgiving.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:48 am

Not really, I'm just not in the Christmas spirit this year. My husband put up the Christmas lights out side, so I decided to put up one of our Christmas trees. I have a small amount of Christmas shopping done, UGH!! I'm normally done by now.

I do have the basement 90% painted for our youngest one sweet 16 party, we sent out the invites which were too cute!! I did buy all the party supplies, now all I have to do is order a masquerade sweet 16 birthday cake. I will order food and buy drinks closer to the time of the party.

These are what the invites look like:

pink_black_sweet_16_masquerade_party_invitation-p161990301539423730zviqi_90.jpg
pink_black_sweet_16_masquerade_party_invitation-p161990301539423730zviqi_90.jpg (4.69 KiB) Viewed 16011 times
Attachments
pink_black_sweet_16_masquerade_party_invitation-p161990301539423730zwoed_90.jpg
pink_black_sweet_16_masquerade_party_invitation-p161990301539423730zwoed_90.jpg (4.16 KiB) Viewed 16011 times

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:08 am

Is your daughter's birthday this month, Witchy? Mine is the 22nd. Those invitations look perfect for a Sweet 16.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:53 am

Hi Murf,
My youngest daughter Sam's birthday is Dec 11th, mine is Dec 7th & my oldest daughter Court is Dec 29th. :wink:
My brothers was Dec 11th too. :(

How do you like you birthday soo close to Christmas? Sam & I always get kinda jilted, & Court alway makes a haul, I buy all her stuff the day after Christmas, and there are lots of sales. I spend the same amount on both kids for Christmas & Birthdays but Court always gets more, lucky girl!! 8)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Would you believe that I love my Christmas birthday? All my life, people have expected me to hate it, but I don't, never have. It is a beautiful time of year, everyone is ready for a party, and most people who know me well think of me and Christmas in the same breath. When I was little I kinda thought it was all for me! LOL Even after I knew better, I have always felt that it is a special, "chosen" time to be born. Love it.

It's tough that your brother's birthday is coming up so soon, and during the holiday season, too. I guess when Sam celebrates her Sweet 16, it will be bittersweet for you. (Or is it Court who is turning 16?)

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm getting there. I bought a few things on Black Friday so there are gifts under the family tree now. My niece just turned three and I have said since the day she was born that when she reached that age, I would get her a Power Wheels. I've picked out a nice Jeep for her that I will be getting in the next week or two. I'll be glad when all my shopping is finished though--for the last three years, I've done the shopping for myself and my brother since he really can't afford to buy gifts for the family. All of his resources go to raising my niece. I know I don't have to do this for him, and he asks me not to, but at the same time, I know he appreciates it and he feels horrible when he can't give gifts for birthdays or holidays. It's our little secret and it makes both of us happy. He's an adult of course but as his big sister, I still go out of my way to take care of him and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:56 pm

I spend all the monies on Chirstmas. :?
我想念我的家

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Li H'Sen Chang wrote:I spend all the monies on Chirstmas. :?
I feel ya Chang. A few years ago, the company my father works for had to cut everyone's pay. And my mother, who is sales, had a dismal year financially as well. My dad told my siblings and I that since the year had been a tough one, that he and my mom were not going to be buying presents. If my siblings and I wanted to get each other something, fine, but don't buy the parents anything. He said that's not what Christmas is about anyways. That didn't sit very well with me--I like to have a big Christmas where everyone has plenty of presents to open. That may sound spoiled, but it felt to me that the mood would be a little disappointed and depressed if my dad had his way. So I took charge and bought everyone lots of presents, and filled everyone's stocking. I didn't want everything to be from me, so I made up nametags that were addressed to whoever the gift was for and the tag said "From Santa". Anything that was from Santa was wrapped in the same kind of wrapping paper and late Christmas Eve, after everyone had gone to bed, my sister and I took all of the Santa gifts and put them under the tree and put gifts in everyone's stocking. It cost me a lot of money and I feel like I'm still trying to recover from it, but it was so worth it. It was a beautiful Christmas and everyone was so touched and surprised, even my dad. I doubt that I can do that again anytime soon, but it does help to plan ahead and take advantage of sales :)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:21 am

What a fabulous Christmas memory you made for everyone, Pumpkin! I especially love that you delivered the gifts as if Santa had indeed come in the night. Wow.

I love big Christmases, too, but I've had a lot of lean ones in my married life. I don't expect this year to be very big. At my age, though, I mainly care about enjoying the season, not getting stuff. I have too much stuff already! I am trying to be very selective about what I get my kids, ages 22, 18, and 14. They are old enough to understand when we need to pull back, but I do want to make sure they get some things they want, even if they aren't very expensive gifts. Last year was a big Christmas--computers and Kindles and stuff like that--so this year they can expect us to spend less.

I am concentrating on enjoying the season, with decorations, good food, and free or inexpensive holiday outings. There are lots of concerts, street fairs, parades, lights, etc. Music is everywhere.

I do try always to get an angel gift. Most years I get three, but this year I am getting only one. Still, it helps make my Christmas brighter to participate in that program. It truly is more blessed to give than to receive.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:29 am

When you're a kid, the presents are very important. But for me, now that I'm an adult, the traditions are the most important. No matter what I might get as a gift, it just wouldn't be Christmas without my Advent Wreath, and my real Christmas Tree (as oposed to an artificial tree) and various other traditions.

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:27 am

Hey Murf, can you tell me a little more about the Angel gift? I've often thought about visiting the Angel tree and participating, but I really don't know much about the program and I've had a difficult time finding information about it.