Member "Touch Base" Centre

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:33 pm

Hey People, So far so good! The Fraser River is still climbing though and pretty rapidly. Our city gauge reading is now up to: 5.772m and expected to keep climbing until further notice.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi DOD, no wonder you're feeling bad, that's a lot of stress! You take care of yourself, OK? Still sending good thoughts north! :lol: Keep in touch if you can. Hugs, Hooch
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:21 pm

Hey MHooch, Thanks for the good thoughts. Many cities, towns,& villages all over my province are flooding, our province is gearing up to delcare a province wide state of emergency, :cry:

Ok, as of 3:30pm we've jumped to 5.879m. Not good I'm afriad, but still holding out hope.

Ya went and had my Cardiac blood work & ECG done as I have a STAT card which gets me in fast if I'm experiencing symptoms, everything looks ok, but my heart rate is up & blood pressure,ug!

Thanks for the well wishes, it really helps when you know others are thinking of you, especally when you have no family of your own really.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:46 pm

Well DOD I really have been thinking about you. We need some of that water sent our way! How much notice will you get if you have to leave? DO you have somewhere to go if you do have to evacuate or are you going to try and stick it out at home?
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:40 pm

We're suppose to get at least a couple days notice but they are trying to give 3-5 days. But yes, if I am to evacuate I will be staying home. You see I can't get to my In-Laws as its a 17 hour drive up north and all along the way there are cities, towns and villages washed out, many parts of the various highways are closed due to mudslides and they are asking people not to travel to the north cause of all the dangers, so no, I'm going to stay home. the only risk with it is that if they come and tell me I need to evacuate and I decline their request, they take your name and address, because if your area gets worse, they won't be coming back to get you if you're on that list that you declined when asked to leave. Which I can totally understand, but no I will be staying put.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Hey people, well our Fraser River is still climbing, up to 5.992m now. But the good news is that the 2 areas up North, thier gauage levels are down a tad. So hopfully our's won't go up too much higher :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:08 pm

Well I completely understand your wanting to stay. Plus that 17 hour drive might just be a little insane and more risky.

Well now you have your partner - so it gives you something to look forward to!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:26 am

Hi DOD, yesterday was a totally crazy day with my daughter's graduation and party, and I just got home from working 12 hrs today...but you have really been on my mind. Still sending good thoughts your way. :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:00 am

Thanks MHooch, Hope your daughters party went well. :D Did she dress in a Halloween Grad style gown for the dance at the party? :wink: Or is that just you that would do that in your family

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:38 pm

LOL DOD, nope, that's just me!! She thinks that my Halloween obsession is a bit over the top. But she tolerates it, just like the hubby, because she loves me :lol: Graduation and party were spectacular and I didn't even get weepy. Everybody had a great time, and now the daughter is in Myrtle Beach, SC at BEACH WEEK with all her friends. Can't wait to hear the stories :roll:

PS: the graduation gown and cap are already in the costume box...you never know when you might need one! :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:11 pm

Hey MHooch, Glad to hear everything went well.

Oh by the way, we are at 6.018m today, its up, but they think we might not get much higher for now.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Hooch I love how you stashed the graduation gown! Mine is hanging in my closet still

DOD I hope everything is still ok. Have they evacuated anyone near you?

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:01 pm

Hey Mandy0221, Nope we're all still here, and good news, the water has gone down a tad, 5.9m now. they are saying not to remove your sandbags yet as there's still tones of snowpack yet to melt and then the weather factor to consider. But things are looking in the positve direction for now anyways :D And thats for us on the inside of the dyking system, those outside of it are still having to deal with flood water issues.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:29 pm

DOD, I'm so glad to hear that the water level is decreasing a tad. Good for you! Keep us posted. You are still in my thoughts and prayers :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:10 am

Mine, too! :)