Dark Knight Rises

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Dark Knight Rises

Post by NeverMore » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:08 pm

OK... after my initial anger, I decided to go see the movie. I figure it's the type of society we live in now and if being in public places carries with it possibility of execution, then so be it. Can't live in fear. Just be aware.

I went to see the movie at 11:40am and the theater was full, though the people at the theater said there was no one at the earlier showings. I also noticed I wasn't the only one watching the crowd... in case of copy-cats. After watching the movie I can see what that <bad word> guy did was very premeditated. Turns out the jerk was from here, just bad luck for the people of Aurora that he moved there. And, as I feared, AMC has announced no more costumes in their theaters. I expect the others to follow trend. Another notch in our enjoyment of life.

As for the movie? Excellent! Great wrap up to the series. Like most reviews say, it's not as good on it's own as 'Dark Knight' was but put together as a whole, it was perfect. If you haven't seen 'Batman Begins' in a while I strongly suggest you watch it first. A lot of references to that movie. This movie is long, almost three hours, but it's easy to get engrossed in it so you don't notice. Unless you have to go to the bathroom. I was surprised when I got to my truck and it was already 3:00. Oh yeah, while Batman was easier to understand in this episode, Bane was quite difficult at times.

There is no extra scene afterwards so if you don't wish, there's no need to sit through the credits. Music is great though. Why is it every time I sit through the credits there's no scene? When I leave early I find out there was another scene.

I would have liked to see a dedication, Warner Brothers expressing sorrow to the victims of Aurora, but I'm sure it was too soon to add something. I would expect that to appear in later showings. Is there a curse on these Dark Knight movies?

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Post by NeverMore » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:52 am

Gonna go see it again this morning. My roommate wants to see it and I want another shot at figuring out what Bane was saying. I could wait for DVD and closed captions but I'm impatient. Also, we watched Batman Begins last night (can't believe she's never seen that!) and I made a few connections I missed the first time a round.

Just read this morning that the movie is doing fine financially. The Aurora incident may have even helped it? There was talk at the time that Heath Ledger's death helped the second movie gain viewers.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Ohhh!! I just went & saw The Dark Knight Rises & the New Spiderman at the Drive-Inns last night, I loved both of them!!! Epic!!!!! :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:06 pm

I saw "The Dark Knigt Rises" at the Harvest Moon drive-in, and I am going to see "The Amazing Spiderman" at th Harvest Moon tomorrow night after work.

Witchy, I am SO GLAD to see another drive-in movie goer on this forum. Check out my images of the old defunct Hill Top drive-in in Joliet.

Mike

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:05 pm

I can't wait to see the pic's!!

jameshunt
Ghost

Post by jameshunt » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:07 am

The Dark knight is amazing movie. I have no word to say more about this movie. I really like it.
Click here Stream movies online hd and you can also follow us on twitter @ the10starmovies.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:09 pm

I allways liked the "Bat Man" movies and the old 60s tv series. I also loved "The Green Hornet" tv series, but the movie was a total fiasko. The cars are what made both "Bat Man" and "The Green Hornet."

Hey let's have a poll. Batmobile vs The Black Beauty. Which car will win;

In a drag race:

In a fight:

Mike