Kenny & Company

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tomanderson
Halloween Master

Kenny & Company

Post by tomanderson » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:23 am

Here's a film some of us here may find interesting. You probably know of Don Coscarelli, the guy who directed 1978's horror classic "Phantasm." Well, a year or so before that, he did a small, low-budget feature called "Kenny & Company." This is a very good movie that centers on some Southern California kids and their experiences during the week of Halloween. It's not specifically "about" Halloween, but there is certainly a lot of Halloween in it.

I just got a DVD of this recently and I like the film quite a bit. Not only does it get into the "importance" Halloween had to kids in the 1970's, but it features some nice snapshot glimpses of what everything looked like back then. I thought it might be worth a mention here!

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:11 am

To dovetail with your post here is a link to the movie's re-release website. Looks good, thanks!

http://kennyandcompany.com/

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:33 pm

Thanks for the info. I will check this out asap. :wink:

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:18 pm

I hope you guys like this movie...it started out simple enough but by the end of it I was totally sucked in. The Halloween scenes are great, they really capture that feeling of running wildly through the streets wearing weird costumes...the characters visit nice neighbors, weird neighbors, and even scary neighbors!

Early on in the film, the two main characters, Kenny and Doug, construct a stuffed-clothes dummy and leave it out in the street to scare people. It does scare a few people, and then one of the cars driving by stops, and then the people in the car get out, throw the dummy into the back trunk, and drive away with it!

thislazylife
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by thislazylife » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:23 pm

The famous wedgie scene...if you like what you see, take the plunge and spend $3 plus extra postage (usually you can get a copy for less than 10 dollars, postage included, from either Amazon, Half.com or Ebay) and get yourself one. This movie got really limited release when it came out, and I think director Don Coscarelli would like to make some of his money back on it. The Anchor Bay release looks and sounds great, by the way. I loaned my copy out this weekend so I can't watch it right now! :(