Halloween Express

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Morticia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween Express

Post by Morticia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:37 pm

I am sure this has been brought up before, but wow! I found a witch half mask, it was $11 something on their site. Then when I went to check out they want $18 shipping? Are you kidding me? They said I had to spend $9 more to get the shipping down, I couldn't find anything else. Luckily when I googled the mask I found it on Ebay and got it for $11 WITH the shipping. I mean their stuff isn't that great? Who do they think they are? I'm surprised they're still in business.
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween Express

Post by Demonic Duck » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:23 pm

That is ridiculous Morticia I'm glad you found it elsewhere!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Good thing you saved that money. Now you can use it for gas. I paid $4.05 this morning at one of the cheap stations. I guess this means no driving around town this year searching for Halloween stores, one of my favorite yearly activities.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:41 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Good thing you saved that money. Now you can use it for gas. I paid $4.05 this morning at one of the cheap stations. I guess this means no driving around town this year searching for Halloween stores, one of my favorite yearly activities.

$4.05??? I paid $4.55 this morning. BTW I've learned that the cheaper gas stations are cheaper for a reason. I fill up less often by going to one of the paying a little more and as such end up saving money. Regardless life is short do the drive and find those stores if not you may end up missing out on some awesome Halloween goodie and you could never live with yourself for that.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:15 pm

$4.55!?! Wahoo! For a change we're not the most expensive in the nation, excluding the islands or course. Unless you're going to the mainstream stations to get gas? I try to penalize them for being so much more expensive. I used to go to ARCO because they had the best gas at the cheapest prices but now those stations are almost all gone.

I was just checking prices, there are still some places under $4.00 around town but I have to drive and use up gas to get to them. I don't know how updated the prices on the website are either. The price at the station I went to yesterday went up 30¢ overnight. Costco is usually the cheapest but the lines yesterday were outrageous. Again, how much gas are you using sitting in line just to get you gas for a few cents less?

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Our gas is running about $3.55 per gallon here, and I thought that was bad!!!! We go to Quick Trip for gas here usually. :twisted:
Last edited by witchy on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Perhaps I'm remembering wrong now because that site says $3.55 for the station I went to a Lukoil. I go to the more expensive stations because as I stated earlier their gas goes further so I'll pay more for it. None of the CostCos by me have gas so I've never actually tried theirs.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Oh... now you guy are just teasing me. First you get me all excited making me think someone actually pays more for gas than us, then you show me how low your prices really are. I'm mothballing my F150 until prices go back down.

I always find it funny how when some incident happens prices immediately go up. When they get the problem fixed the prices always take their good old time going back down, and they never go back to what they where. Yet we keep going back for more. We humans are such sheep!

With this increase on gas prices, and the upcoming one on food, and the upcoming increase in taxes, it's gonna be a very lean Halloween this year. We probably picked a good year to be growing all those vegetables out back, huh? Of course, with the increasing heat, they are starting to struggle along with the pumpkins.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Sorry about the confusion it's been one of those days. I hope your veggies and particularly your pumpkins make it nevermore.

Morticia
Haunt Master

Post by Morticia » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:47 pm

It was $3.75 at Food For Less gas station this morning. Anyways...Halloween Express has some nerve. (lol)

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Ha! Ha! Way to throw the thread back on track after you throw one more dart at me. $3.75... sheesh! Is always cheaper up north.

I was curious and checked out the wine prices at Halloween Express. I can get the same wines locally at BevMo (only during the season) and I don't have to pay shipping there. The website shows them in stock but when you add to cart it's not. That's a screwed up site.

Morticia
Haunt Master

Post by Morticia » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:25 pm

LOL! Sorry...(I think). ;)

Morticia
Haunt Master

Post by Morticia » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Oh by the way do you have Total Wine down there? It's like the Costco of booze. Awesome place!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Never heard of it. They'll probably work their way down here just like everything else does. Our booze shopping mart is BevMo, or Beverages and More as they used to be called. World Market also has a lot of obscure beers and wines.

BTW: Are all the ARCO gas stations closing there too? Where am I going to use my ARCO card?

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 pm

We are paying about 3.15 per gallon right now. It's so hot, no one really wants to go anywhere, unless its out of town...lol