Number of Trick or Treaters

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Number of Trick or Treaters

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri May 25, 2007 10:43 pm

Hey. What is the largest number of trick or treaters you've had at your door on Halloweens past? I live in a rural town where most of the homes are on multi acre parcels of land. I leave in the densest part of town (1 acre or less). Therefore, everyone in the town drops off their kids in my neighborhood on Halloween. Every yeare I keep a running total. The highest number I've reached is 198. Boy was that a tough year. I think I lost 10lbs just answering the door.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri May 25, 2007 11:37 pm

:x :( 198!! We get ZERO!! Its so sad, I cry every year! We do not live in a neighborhood, just on a street with other houses and no kids come. Every year I buy a big bag of candy and decorate our house all out in the hopes of having ONE CHILD knock on my door, and every year I am disappointed! My husband will put a coat over his head and ring the door bell, but thats it. And every year, I sit on the couch, crying and cursing up a storm that no kids TOT at our house. Hopefully we will be moving next year and the #1 priority for our new home? TOT potential!!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat May 26, 2007 1:10 am

OH, mIchael Myers, that is so sad :cry: . NO TOTers? How dissapointing. I've never kept a tally, but some years are more than others, we usually do a pretty brisk business from 7p-9p. I've never run out of candy, though. You'll definitely have to ask your realtor "So, how's the TOTing in this neighborhood?" :lol:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:49 pm

MHooch - thats an awesome question to ask when looking for a new home!!! I LOVE IT

I only get probably 10 or 15 a year. Michael Meyers have you thought about putting a sign in your yard like the week or two before (TOT HERE ON 10/31). I think some people have mentioned that before.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat May 26, 2007 7:10 pm

Here's an earlier post of mine that answers THIS question...
http://www.halloween.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=8054#8054

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:13 am

When we relocated last year one of the aspects of our new neighborhood we first thought of was TOT potential. This past year was our first in the new home and we did fairly well (my oldest dressed up and handed out candy while my wife and I took our two youngest) but the cold weather ended the night early for most. I'm hoping for even more this year.
I like to have two bowls; one for "in costume" TOTs and one for "no costume" TOTs (always the crappiest, cheapest candy I can find).
Back at my parents' place they run out of candy every year! Often they'd run up to the local grocery store for refill bags. The last couple of years I lived there I "performed" out front in a giant witch puppet I made that operates the same way as Big Bird or Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House. It stood about 8' from it's head to my toes and it brought many people back for seconds. It was cool when my mom told me that people were asking about me the first year after I moved (off with the Air Force).
Of course now with my own kids I let them be the stars, or at least I try.

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:48 am

That's a tough one. Depends on where I've lived. When I lived in the backwoods area of Missouri as a young teenager - 0 TOTs. The first few years we were married and running a very simple haunt in a crappy neighborhood - 20 to 30 TOTs. After we moved into better neighborhoods we did better - 75 to 100 TOTs. Then when we were running the best haunts in the last few years before we moved 2 years ago we were doing about 150 to 200 TOTs in one night. Now since we moved up here and this isn't the best neighborhood we are down again to about 50 TOTs going through the haunt. But it will get better because we are going to put out signs for it and do some better advertising this year. :oops: :D
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:05 am

not sure i am usually out trick or treating .
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Post by Athenagwis » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:50 pm

When we lived in our last apartment, we got *maybe* two TOTs, then we moved to a condo and we probably had 50-75 TOTs which was great for us. Since that was our first year in the condo, we were not sure what the protocol was on decorating, but a few of the other condos went all out and had their condos and the lawn in front completely decorated, so I think we are going to do that this year and maybe we'll get a few more people to travel around to our side. I brought my son around while my husband stayed behind handing out candy, and I was actually quite surprised that there weren't more people handing out treats. We probably have 150 condos in the complex and I would say not even half were handing out candy. I hope more people get in the spirit this year!!

Rachel

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:24 pm

I'd have to say about 15-20 full blooded TOTers - I don't count the half decker TOTers such as my children who do not dress up and take candy from the bowl at will. :roll:
Don't drink and fly...

Creepy Skull
Ghost

Re: Number of Trick or Treaters

Post by Creepy Skull » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Ive only ever stayed in on Halloween once. But the most people was 3.

Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:30 pm

It wasn't three. Your memory must be slipping. It was at least 10 :roll:

Oh wait, the most? Oh that was about 30 when I was younger. I usually TOT now so I have no idea.
Please report all offensive posts to the Mods!

Kyu
Vampire

Post by Kyu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:40 pm

I don't remember honestly, but the past few years we had barely any.
We now live in a neighborhood FULL of children though, so it'll probably change.

kirala05
Vampire

Post by kirala05 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:10 am

I get around 200-250 ToTers each year.
Do you wanna know why i use a knife? Guns are too quick.
You can't savor all the little emotions. And you see
in their last moments people show you who they really are.

why so serious?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:26 pm

I hae quite a few, but I also have a lot of candy left over.