So, at the grocery store today...

Discussion of general Halloween topics
johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

So, at the grocery store today...

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:27 pm

I ran into a woman going thru a clearance cart of bagged candy, and struck up a conversation with her. Of course, the conversation involved Halloween. I picked up a few bags of Tootsie pops and such, and told her that we usually have over 240 every year and I buy candy on sale when I can. I felt very sad when she said that they don't get any...none..so she just doesn't bother to decorate, and neither do the neighbors! Kinda depressed me..

PS: Don't drink three Capt/cokes and try to type..it isn't recommended, and is difficult! lol

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Re: So, at the grocery store today...

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:31 pm

I am on a semi-main road on a side with no sidewalk so I think our record is four small groups. :( On the plus side being on a semi-main road means more people see my efforts to decorate the outside of my house so I suppose it's a double-edged sword.

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Good for you, keeping up the tradition!! Our whole neighborhood decorates (which is why we have so many kids ..they expect it and come in from everywhere) I would feel a huge sense of loss if I didn't get to do something!

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Well we would decorate if we lived way out in the middle of nowhere that's just us. Also we have a big Halloween party every year which helps.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:07 pm

johnsoneliza52 wrote:Good for you, keeping up the tradition!! Our whole neighborhood decorates (which is why we have so many kids ..they expect it and come in from everywhere) I would feel a huge sense of loss if I didn't get to do something!
Your neighborhood is the type of place where the kids in our neighborhood goes to. We don't get any either but this place is packed with kids, go figure
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:50 pm

dammit!

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 pm

when i was really little i used to go around my parent's neighborhood and then got older and went to another neighborhood with my friends that had more houses closer together. When Trick Or Treating it's all about the number of houses. Sometimes I wish I could go Trick Or Treating again without people looking at me like I'm a lunatic. Damn kids get to have all the fun(and free candy)!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Ha! Ha! D-Duck. I used to do something similar. I grew up in a complex with 450 townhouses and apartments. All very close together. I would speed trick-or-treat, go home and change costumes, then make another round of the complex. Some years I would do 4 costumes and 4 trips. I think my best haul ever was like... 5 pillowcases of candy?

johnsoneliza52 wrote:PS: Don't drink three Capt/cokes and try to type..it isn't recommended, and is difficult! lol
Ah lassie... jest ye wait. After a long week working outside, and a dang near four hour drive today coming back from L.A. first thing I did was pop a top off a Coors Light. There are ten more just like it in the frigarater. Expect me to get sillyer as the night goes on. If I dont' pass out firstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:34 am

That's some serious haul Nevermore. I bet your dentist loved you.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:39 am

Dentist? Don't need no stinkin' dentist! I brush my tooth every morning and night.

Big_Guh
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Big_Guh » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:51 pm

The neighborhood I'm currently in is the epitome of "feast or famine" when it comes to TOT'ers. I live towards the back of the neighborhood, which sees a minimal amount of TOT'ers due to the fact that it seems the party is always in the front of the subdivision. Though our section has tons of kids, they all make their way up front to partake in Halloween festivities. We'll get a few, but our street seems to be an afterthought despite the strong effort put forth by the majority of residents to decorate, etc.

I'm moving elsewhere, though, so I don't know what to expect TOT'er wise in my new neighborhood. I figure, as long as I'm not out in the boonies or on a highway, the TOTer turnout shouldn't be too shabby.

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Ask the neighbors when you move in...I always try to warn our new people about the volume (I also try to warn them about the metamorphosis of our house during that time)...lol

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Ah lassie... jest ye wait. After a long week working outside, and a dang near four hour drive today coming back from L.A. first thing I did was pop a top off a Coors Light. There are ten more just like it in the frigarater. Expect me to get sillyer as the night goes on. If I dont' pass out firstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Hahaha! Do you ever have to log on the internet the next day to see what the hell you did (said) the night before? I'm sometimes astonished at what comes out of my rum soaked self..lol.. I get entertained all over again!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Nah. I actually pooped out after the fourth one, never actually got that bad. I was just happy I had no commitments today and could just hang out and relax.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Hopefully you get a ton of ToTers Big Guh.