An American Werewolf In Paris

Discussion of general Halloween topics
hauntmaster

An American Werewolf In Paris

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:24 pm

Hey everybody!

Have you ever seen "An American Werewolf In Paris?" It just happened on tv tonite and it was very good movie! That movie was made in 1997... So, and also, have you seen "An American Werewolf In London?" It was first made in 1981, I think...

Some people say werewolves in Paris are the best than any werewolves in London! I dunno why... Can you tell me?

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:31 am

London - YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Paris - Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwn!!!!!!

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:48 pm

OEJ,

Have you seen both werewolves in London and Paris? I've seen both of them.

FYI, in London, it was good movie and just somewhat little bit scary feeling, you know? But, in Paris, still good and looks more scarier than London. That's my opinion. What are your thoughts on both movies?

Anyways, what do you think if they are going to make another werewolves movie? For instance, maybe the one is going to call "An American Werewolf in Moscow", "An American Werewolf in Rome", or "An American Werewolf in Egypt". This is what the idea in my mind, but there is no rumor about these titles yet.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:08 am

Let's see... Yes, HM I DID see both movies and how can I tell you about them? Hmmm..... AWILondon was Directed by John Landis who also directed The Blues Brothers, Three Amigos, and Trading Places (Not to mention Animal House...... Not one of my favorites, but for whatever reason a classic).
AWIParis was directed (small 'd') by Anthony Waller....... Who, you ask? Well, Waller Directed such timeless and memorable films as The Guilty, Mute Witness, The little vampires and of course......... American Werewolf In Paris.

I REEEEEEALLY liked AWIL.
I REEEEEEALLY did not like AWIP.

This is just my opinion and is not intended to sway anyones enjoyment of either film.
Thanks you. :)

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:21 am

Very interesting, OEJ!

So, what else are they going to make werewolves film for this year? Maybe next year?

EvilMel
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by EvilMel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:57 am

American Werewolf in London is a classic. I love it.

Paris...well...I didn't hate it but it was ok. Basically they just made a werewolf movie and capitalized on the name of the original movie.
Halloweiner Extraordinaire.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:42 pm

"London" I like quite a bit, I saw this in the theatres way back when, and oh boy. The movie had scared the bejeepers out of everyone by about the midpoint, so the audience was freaked. But when the famous, drawn out "transformation scene" started, I recall looking around at people, and the whole audience--to a person--I mean EVERYONE--was staring slack-jawed, in total silence, unable to move or make a sound.

It's an audience response I did not witness until seeing "Kung Fu Hustle," which pretty much did the same thing. By about the midpoint, the audience's mind had already been pummeled into submission by the relentless action, stunts and effects, and for the second half of the movie, they pretty much just sat there, shocked.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:47 pm

And, there are some werewolf movies...

THE HOWLING
SILVER BULLET
CURSED

What else do you know any more werewolf movies?

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:22 pm

Yeah, actually I love werewolf movies! Can't get enough of 'em.

Four of my faves are:

The Wolf Man
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man
Werewolf of London
Werewolf Shadow aka The Werewolf vs. Vampire Woman

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:13 pm

Ginger Snaps
Underworld
Halloweiner Extraordinaire.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:46 pm

All time best werewolf movie ever.

Dog Soldiers.

Seriously, check it out. I cannot recommend it enough.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:56 pm

I prefer the first film.I also enjoyed Silver Bullet.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:12 pm

If there are some XXX <deleted> werewolf films out here, then post it here!!! LOL! :lol:

Nah, no! I'm just kidding with you! :wink:

BTW, is Werewolf Shadow really good? I've noticed this up there at Amazon.com and it was a classic horror movie. Well, I guess I have to rent and see it myself.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:49 pm

Here's what Werewolf Shadow is--it's an early 70's werewolf/vampire movie starring Paul Naschy (real name: Jacinto Molina). Naschy is the Spanish Lon Chaney, Jr., basically, and plays his own special kind of tortured werewolf. His films generally feature slobbering, energetic werewolf attacks, and usually there is some kind of "very passionate" romantic subplot.

His films are trashy, but if you like low-budget 70's horror, they can be really satisfying. I think Werewolf Shadow (the title of the special uncut version) is his best werewolf film. It had a lot of "goodies" cut out of it when it was released in America as The Werewolf vs. Vampire Woman, so I recommend only the version entitled "Werewolf Shadow."

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:53 pm

Werewolf Shadow has uncut version? Well, I will go ahead and rent it from Block/Buster online. Anyways, if I see any more good werewolf films, then I'll come back to post here for more! :wink: