Nos is sooo ready for Halloween 2012!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Nos is sooo ready for Halloween 2012!!

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Firstly ill start by clearing up cobwebs. I wasnt able to fufill my end of the reaper exchange last year because of circumstances. I own up to that.

BUT

As a result I will exclude myself from the Grim Reaper Exchange 2012 as punishment and I have half the goodies of my 2011 partner Pumpkin Mans 2011 late box purchased and sitting in a bag in front of me. So for Pumpkin Man, he will receive is 2012 box and his 2011 box.

Now that thats cleared I just finished listening to Atmosphere on Halloweenradio.net and I have the Halloween groove flowing. Also, I have an adorable new black kitten who I named Charlie Brown. :)

Question: Does anyone know where I can watch episodes of Dark Shadows online for free?
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Re: Nos is sooo ready for Halloween 2012!!

Post by NeverMore » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Nostalgiascape wrote:Question: Does anyone know where I can watch episodes of Dark Shadows online for free?
Nope. I looked. You may be able to torrent them but that's not very safe anymore unless you're behind a proxy or on the Tor network. You can stream them from Netflix ($), I've been getting them on disks from Netflix. I actually started with the pre Barnabus episodes. Looking forward to his appearance.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:08 pm

I was able to watch 1-22 on youtube before people were forced to take them down when the movie came out so that money could be made of the shows feeding from the films popularity. Where im at Devlin is the main monster, trying to get revenge on the Collins.

Ive tor searched.

I may have to say uncle and do the netflix thing.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Target has the DVD sets for $5 each.....
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:37 pm

how many sets and eps per set cause that sounds like the way to go. Have you seen the deluxe complete series coffin set? If I were wealthy i'd love it but i'm not.

I did however have a little luck..

I do however think that once the pop of the film wanes, the price on the deluxe complete set will eventually have to drop.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:13 pm

I have no idea, I've never seen the show, I just remember stocking them the other day and they (along with 3rd rock from the sun) were $5ea season
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:32 pm

I know a website. I refuse to post it publicly. If you send me a PM Nostalgiascape, I will tell you what it is. It has all the episodes from the 60s and the 1991 series. But you have to promise me not to tell everyone about it. I use the site often and do not want it shut down because the wrong people found out about it.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Spookymufu wrote:I have no idea, I've never seen the show, I just remember stocking them the other day and they (along with 3rd rock from the sun) were $5ea season
Five dollars a season? For Dark Shadows? Seriously? I'll have to check that out. DS was a daily soap, never went into re-runs, so its "seasons" were massive.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:45 pm

well, like I said, I dont know the details of what the DVD actually contained because I had no interest in it, but next time I work over there I'll see exactly what it is

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:22 pm

I have no idea what the difference is between the deluxe edition and limited edition is, if there even is a difference or misuse of words but here are the frightenly expensive collections I was speaking of...when I said 350.00 I was wrong about the price...YOIKS.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Shadows-Comp ... ete+series

and

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Shadows-Comp ... ete+series

So if spookymufu is onto something, i'd say jump all over it.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 pm

I just looked online and the only thing I saw for $5 was a special collection DVD...

The season collections are $27.59, and that coffin box set is a whopping $431.99!

Spooky, you think you guys are having a special on the season DVD sets? Cuz if you are I'm heading to target this weekend!

All I really want to know... are you guys gonna have those pumpkin pop-tarts again this year? YUM!!!

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:06 am

The 439.00 ones will be bought up then you'll have these yayhoo's selling it new for a thousand. If it really is limited then no the price won't drop on the coffin collection.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:27 am

I was researching the price of all these DS collections earlier this year. The first coffin collection, the one that had Jonathan Frid's autograph, was selling for more than $600 at that time. I believe another coffin collection was to be released in July, without the autograph.

I am definitely going to check out Target, maybe today. I highly doubt they will have the whole series available, but they might have more than I've got at a reasonable price. Right now, I have the 9-episode Best of Barnabas DVD.

I don't think the movie performed as well at the box office as the producers were hoping it would, so some of this DS memorabilia may have been over-produced. If so, Halloween season would be the logical time to dump it.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:47 am

NeverMore wrote:
I just looked online and the only thing I saw for $5 was a special collection DVD...

The season collections are $27.59, and that coffin box set is a whopping $431.99!

Spooky, you think you guys are having a special on the season DVD sets? Cuz if you are I'm heading to target this weekend!

All I really want to know... are you guys gonna have those pumpkin pop-tarts again this year? YUM!!!

I really dont know what they are other then the original show on DVD, but I have no idea what is actually on the DVDs, I'll look tonight when I go in and see exactly what they are

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:00 am

Our local Target has Halloween merchandise out, but in the DVD section I saw only one about DS. It was called The Vampire's Curse, and from what I could tell, it had at the most 2 episodes on it. It was cheap, though--either $2.99 or $3.99, I forget which.