Describe your dream Halloween

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Describe your dream Halloween

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 am

Just as the title states. If you could do anything, what would your dream Halloween be? Would you camp out in a notoriously haunted place? Would you throw a house party or a block party? Where would you be? What would you do? What would your disguise be? Skys the limit.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Describe your dream Halloween

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:21 am

Well, let's see. That's a tough one, but here goes a try at answering that.

Let's start off whith a house. An old, notoriously haunted house like the one I wrote about in Bianwood Manor in the "Halloween Writing" section. While we're at it let's make it a mansion, builg in the late 1700s or very early 1800s. On the grounds is a private cemetery, where a vampire and a wearwolf is supposedly burried.

Now we have a challenge involved here, of which I an the one who is challenged. (You may have read something simular on another threat) The person issuing the challenge escourts me to a mauselium where the vampire is burried. He opens the vampire's coffin, and there's a skeleton with a steak drivin into the rib cage where the heart would be. It's about 9:00 am in the morning and it's Halloween. The challenger says that he is going to lock me inside that crypt for 24 hours. I must remove the steak in his sight and hand it over to him. After I do so, he shows me an escape button in case I decide to "wimp"out. I must remain there, as stated above for 24 hours, all through the day and night. If I'm still alive by 9:00 am on All Saints Day, the house, grounds, and a 30 billion dollar fortune is mine. If I "wimp" out or am found dead, with all the blood drained from my body, then I get nothing. The challenger adds that every Halloween he issues the same challenge, and every halloween, nobody has ever been able to stay in that crypt past Noon, much less until the next morning.

I take him up on the challenge. I bring my iPod with me, and a few odds and ends to eat and drink as it's going to be a long and scary 24 hours. The skeleton is without his steak, and the coffin lid is opened. For giggles I even bring a jack o'lantern along for the fun of it.

Unlike everyone else who attempted to spend 24 hours in that vampire's crypt for 24 hours, I actualy make it, as while legends about vampires and the like are fun, I don't believe in them as being true. The next morning, the challenger sees my smiling face standing beside the vampire's coffin, and I now have a beautiful old haunted mansion, and am set for life.

Mike

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Ok, my Halloween dream would be to create a community but for Halloween lovers ONLY! Only Halloween lovers would reside. A community, where Halloween displays would be out 365 days of the year. The streets would be closed off certain times of the year for fairs and carnivals.
The public would be able to come in to the community and look for a small fee. :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:07 pm

I think we build a cyber village like that right here on this forum some time ago.

Mike

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:12 pm

ramaries69 wrote:Ok, my Halloween dream would be to create a community but for Halloween lovers ONLY! Only Halloween lovers would reside. A community, where Halloween displays would be out 365 days of the year. The streets would be closed off certain times of the year for fairs and carnivals.
The public would be able to come in to the community and look for a small fee. :)
You do realize that eventually everyone that lived there would come to hate Halloween right? We love Halloween so much because it is only once a year. But I do get your point. I don't mean to be argumentative.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:19 pm

I don't know if they would hate it, but it would not be special, because it would be every day of the year. The same thing could be said about any other holiday. Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving are all special and fun days because they only do come once a year.

As for a Halloween community, if you wanted to do something like that, I would suggest finding an old ghost town with plenty of 100 plus old houses and buildings. Look for any haunting or scary stories about the place. If there aren't any, make a few up. That will attract like minded people.

Mike

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:29 pm

It's a dream, MY halloween dream!!!!! C'mon folks!?!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:02 pm

ramaries69 is right. I did ask what members dream Halloween's would be and that is ramaries69's. And I am envisioning such a community and it does sound like the most awesome place to live.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:49 pm

Well, the best way to start such a community would be to find an old ghost town. New buildings just don't get it in the creepyness factor. You need creepy old buildings and houses, preferably with ghost stories about them. If you build all new buildings, then there's no creepyness about it, because new buildings haven't been around long enough to become 'haunted.'

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey Ramaries, is your real name Abigail Cromwell? :wink:

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:36 am

The setting would be a 17th century colonial village on the western wilderness.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:35 am

Mine would be to have ALL my halloween friends over for one helluva Halloween party, with live bands and bonfires and hayrides, lots of food, drinks and good times!!! I think I would have to rent a large old barn, and have everyone over to help me decorate it!! :wink:
Sounds wonderful!!!

ramaries69, I would come and live in your community!!
:alien:

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 pm

witchy wrote:
ramaries69, I would come and live in your community!!
:alien:

I would also for certain as long as beings the times we live in their was access to electric, water, and phone/internet.

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:29 pm

I HAVE my perfect Halloween...every year! All my friends, and some new ones, too.
Happy people, silly acting people, drunk people, dancing people.
Good food, good friends and FUN!
Now you got me all excited again!

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:43 pm

One word: Childhood
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon