An American Werewolf In Paris

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:14 am

Yep, "Werewolf Shadow" IS the uncut version. I think it is an Anchor Bay disc, and it is a real delight. Rent it, see it, love it.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Thanks again for the info about Werewolf Shadow, so I will rent it this week.

BTW, have you ever seen Werewolves On Wheels? And also, Eyes of the Werewolf?

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:08 pm

I have seen "Werewolves on Wheels," but not the other one.

"Werewolves on Wheels" I actually thought was a pretty fun movie! There is not a lot of onscreen werewolf action and I think you only see ONE werewolf riding a motorcycle, but it delivers enough to be enjoyable. The story is actually kind of interesting.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:38 pm

Ohh, yeah,I've forgotten about this one freaking movie called "FULL ECLIPSE" it was made in 1993, I think... It was also about some werewolves in that film. Well, I have to rent it to see that again!

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:48 pm

I think I forgot about "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein," this features the Frankenstein Monster, Dracula AND the Wolf Man, it is a really funny movie with old-fashioned spooky scares and great werewolf stuff. Lon Chaney Jr. is really in top form here.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:53 pm

Ohh, yeah... The classic horror film called "WOLFEN" which was made in 1981. Good movie! It scared the hell out of me when I was kid!

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:14 pm

"Wolfen" IS a GREAT movie, not technically a werewolf film but really good, and Albert Finney and Gregory Hines lend a lot of credibility.

"The Howling" was mentioned, and I really liked that one--the first film only--a real scary movie, very funny and smart.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:37 pm

The Howling is very good movie! The Howling 2 is somewhat ok. But part 3 thru 7 are totally bored!

shanbanclear
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by shanbanclear » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:49 pm

THis is late to discussion but I wanted to weigh in on the to wolf movies. I know that American Werewolf in London was quite popular and was groundbreaking as far as special effects go in its day. The Paris version was entertaining for me, except for that I couldn't stand the special effects. The werewolves were just really funny looking to me. I have a hard time with animated characters in live action movies. The werewolves were kind of fuzzy looking, meaning blurry, and just took a lot away from it for me and made it hard to get into. Granted it was done in 1997 and the special effects were good at the time. It would be interesting to see another version with todays effects.