Halloween Airline

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Halloween Airline

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:48 pm

I was on flight this morning and saw that Southwest Airline is going to be putting out all the horror decorations and celebrating Halloween at airports. They will have gate staff and in-flight crews wear costumes on Halloween and give out free drinks if you fly that day. If this is not reason to nominate SWA as your favorite airline then nothing will be. After tomorrow I will not fly until November 2, but if any of you are airborn in the next few weeks maybe you will see the horror decoration.
我想念我的家

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Halloween Airline

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Speaking of travel, I heard about this a few weeks ago. I would love to go but it is too expensive, even if I was working.

http://www.shipoffear.com/
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:58 pm

That horror cruise looks to be very fun. There are a bunch of horror legends on there too like Kane Hodder!
我想念我的家

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:57 pm

That cruise looks awesome unfortunetly I am broke and my wife gets seasick

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:43 pm

I would love to do that horror cruise on a cruise ship, but I am through dealing with the airlines industry. I probably would choose SWA if I really had to get some place in a hurry, or had to cross an ocean, but other then that, I just don't want to deal with all the over booking, lost luggage, cancelations, crowded airplanes and all the other inconveniences that happen in today's airlines industry.

If I have a choice, it's allways going to be the road. On my motorcycle or in my car, but the road never the less.

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Yes Mike I also prefer the highway for travel but sometimes I do not have time on trips that are several hundreds or thousands of miles.
我想念我的家

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:08 am

Like I said, if I had to get to a funeral, or cross an ocean, or was on a business trip and had limited time to get to where I had to go, then I wouldn't have a choice, but when I DO have a choice, it's the highway.

Mike

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Speaking of the terible quality of the Airline Industry, my brother flew in from Las Vegas two days ago. He suffers from Gillian Beret Syndrome and is prone to falls. While trying to get to his seat, some moron left her carry on sticking out in the isle and he tripped and fell. When that happens, he has a very hard time getting back up, and often needs help. The attitude of the flight attendant, a male flight attendant was to tell him, while he was trying to get himself up off the floor, was to tell my brother that he would either have to get out of everyone's way or get off the plane. When he tried to explain his condition, that stuare wouldn't let him get a word in edge wise, just kept pestering for him to hurry up and stop blocking the isle. When he asked for assisstance, that same flight attendant responded with a very sharp "I'm not your nurse made. Get up yourself and be quick about it. People are trying to get seated!" One of the other passengers finaly did help him up and got him to his seat.

The plane was over booked, so he was scrunched in a window seat. He requested an isle seat so he could have easier access to the bathroom, but the airlines people wouldn't acomodate him in that either. Luckily the guy in the isle seat offered to make a trade.

After he got home, he swore he would never fly with that airline again. Do you want to know what airline did this to him? United. The "Friendly" Skies.

I'm SO GLAD I own a car and a motorcycle.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Wow, it sounds to me as if your brother has grounds for a serious complaint, maybe even a lawsuit.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:53 pm

I dunno, sounds a little fishy to me, I fly all the time and while I have had super nice stewardesses and had lousy stewardesses, I never had or heard of one that acted like that, maybe the story was blown out a little when you were told the story mike?
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 am

My older brother is not one to embelish or color the truth, and it was a male flight attendant, not a stewardess. In any case, United lost one customer for sure, and the airlines industry as a whole lost me as a customer since 1991 when Midway went bankrupt and left me stranded down in Florida. Now being stranded in Florida is better then being stranded in a lot of other places, and I had a great vacation in Florida, but with a fly in the proverbial ointment with worries about whether or not I'm going to have to cut my vacation short, ride across 5 states on a bus, be late getting back to work, or having to pull out a <deleted> and fork over 1500 or more for a ticket on another airline. Luckily American Airlines, as a promotional move, decided to honor all Midway airline tickets, but I still had a 4 hour lay over in Atlanta Georga, and all in all it ended up taking over 12 hours to get back home.

That was the last straw for me. I haven't flown since 1991, and probably never will unless it's an extreme emergency, such as a death in the family, or a high paying photo shoot.

Mike

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:35 am

Hmmmm. I wonder why the words c r e d i t c a r d was automaticaly deleted??

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:53 am

90% of male flight attendents are gay, so "stewardesses" isnt really wrong ;)

I just find it really hard to believe that ANY flight attendant whos main job is safety on the plane would allow a passenger to fall and refuse to help them and then tell them to get up and so on and so on and open them selves and the airline up for a lawsuit, sorry Mike, I just cant see it happening.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:15 am

Mike some people just aren't meant to be in jobs dealing with the public. That flight attendant is clearly one of them. Your brother should very well complain to the airline because he has no right to do that job anymore after treating your brother that way.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Spooky, I can understand your skepticism. It is hard to believe, but it did happen. My brother does not make up stories like that.

Demonic Duck, I totaly agree. When employees of an airline diss their customers, that can cost them business. I never experienced anything like that, but I did experience gross inefficiency, lost luggage, over booking, and a whole assortment of inconveniences and problems flying on a comercial airline. I flew Pan Am to the former Yougoslavia, and they were such incompetent dolts, I was ready to strangle some one. They even lost my luggage with my $12,000 16mm Cine Camera in it. Luckily it was found and delivered to my house, but that really had me on edge. The "straw that broke the camels back," was the bankruptcy of Midway Airlines in the Fall of 1991. American did honor Midway tickets, but I had to sit in an air terminal in Atlanta Ga for 4 hours.

Like I said, I will NOT do business with the airlines industry any more unless it's absolutely necessary.

Mike