The Ambush In The Forest!

Halloween writing, poetry, fan pics and more!
Ghostwriter1983
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Ghostwriter1983 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 pm

As the carriage rounded a curve in the forest road, she heard it. It was faint, heard just above the sounds of hooves and wheels. She leaned out the coach window and commanded the coachman to stop. As he pulled back the reins she leaped out before it had come to a stop. Dressed in velvet and satin her velvet gown embroidered with intricate roses, she paused by an old oak tree and listened, hoping to hear it again.

The soft cries of a baby she heard again and maternal instincts tugged at her heart. Suddenly, the sound changed and she realized that she'd been tricked. The voice was evil, chilling her to the bone as she felt invisible claws clawing at her very soul, ripping and darkness was closing in. She began to feel faint, her knees trembled as she held onto the tree. Something was trying to possess her soul as tears rolled down her cheeks.

She turned around and began to run back to her carriage, screaming. Two of her royal guards dismounted, swords drawn and ran past her, for they had pledged their lives to protect her. It was then both guards saw what she had been running from. A horrible demon, holding a blood stained club at least six feet long. He looked grotesque, his face half rotted away, with only one eye remaining.

The princess reached the carriage, opened the door and she desperately climbed inside as her other two guards dismounted. She ordered both to defend her and they joined the fight. Though it was a battle was four against one, the demon struck down each knight. With evilness that would forever haunt her, he stood over their lifeless bodies and then looked at her.

With the wave of his clawed hand, the coachman fell to the ground dead. As he drew nearer and nearer, she was helpless to escape her fate,as she crawled to the far side of the coach. As he raised his clawed hand to open the coach door, he turned. He heard the sounds of a rider approaching and he bent down and picked up his club again. A lone knight was approaching, wearing a crest on his armor and shield she knew not.

Upon seeing the demon and dead soldier's, he stopped and climbed off his steed. He was a tall knight, though she could not see his face as he drew his sword. She knew he was a brave knight, strong, a valiant warrior, unafraid of death. As the battle began, each time his sword stuck the club, lightening flashed as she gasped. This knight was surely no ordinary knight for he was skilled the arts of battle.

He fought better than her finest guards chosen by her father, the king himself. As the battle raged, time stood still and she knew her fate, her very life hung in the balance. She was too terrified to leave the coach and climb up to take the reins in her hands and flee. Neither good nor evil weakened, nor did either show fear, nor beg for mercy. It was the knight who prevailed though, killing the demon with his sword so swift.

Swinging his heavy sword to the right, but then, turning to the left instead, he caught the demon off guard. The power behind the sword swiftly cut off the demon's head. As his head fell to the ground, he cursed both the knight and princess.Vanquished, the knight, weary and exhausted, turned toward the coach and dropped to one knee. His blood stained sword stuck in the ground, the handle pointing towards the sky.

"I know not thy name, fair maiden, but I have pledged my life to thee. Command me and I shall obey, for I see that you are royalty." he said in a tired voice. Shakily, she opened the carriage door and stepped to the ground. "Rise my champion, for you have proven your loyalty to this princess. Remove thine helmet, that I might cast my eyes upon the face of a knight so brave in battle." she said proudly. The knight, still kneeling, lifted his helmet off, and she gasped for he had the most beautiful blue eyes, his hair a light brown.

His features were smooth, strong and she felt her heart beating excitedly. "Tell me true, has a maiden given her hand to you to be wed?" the princess asked nervously. His eyes told her she was beautiful as he answered softly, "No my lady." She smiled and said, "Rise and I charge you with my safe return to my father's castle, that I may have him reward you for your valor.” the princess said. The knight stood up , put his sword away and bowed before opening the coach door for her to enter. But not before she turned and kissed his lips softly. She could feel her heart craving for much more then his kiss as he closed the door and took hold of the reins.

©2002 Raymond Cook(All rights reserved)