The Ghost In The Attic!

Halloween writing, poetry, fan pics and more!
Ghostwriter1983
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

The Ghost In The Attic!

Post by Ghostwriter1983 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 pm

The Ghost In The Attic!

It was the house I had always wanted, a rustic three story, situated on twenty acres with a few of an emerald green lake. Its previous owner had failed to keep up with the taxes. While I didn't get the property cheap, I paid a fair price. It wasn't long after the last box was unpacked, that it began. First I heard noises but couldn't put my finger on the location. Then there were times when I heard a crash in the kitchen.

Upon running in, I discovered silverware all over the floor. I can't say whatever is staying in this house is evil or mean But something is trying to make its presence known to me. One night, I was playing a game of scrabble, when suddenly letters began moving by themselves, spelling the word "Attic." It was then that I heard footsteps walking toward the stairway and up to the attic door.

I felt a deep sadness come over me as I walked to the stairs. Before I reached the last step to the attic door, it opened. Instead of a cold eerie feeling, I could feel warmth on my face, though I knew the attic had no heat and it had to be in the 20's outside. As I stood in the doorway, I let my eyes adjust to the darkness. The light bulb had been burned out. I had replaced the bulb only a few days ago.

The small window offered little light as I turned the light on and then I saw her. A young girl with long blonde hair, maybe ten years old wearing a blue dress. Her head was buried in her hands sobbing before she looked into my eyes. I will never forget the anguish in her eyes before she vanished. I walked over to the chair where she had sat and touched where she had sat and felt her warmth.

I saw tear drop stains on the floor and I wanted to help her so bad. I will check with the realtor tomorrow and find out the house's past. They must know who she was and maybe I can find out why she's here.

©2004 Raymond Cook(All rights reserved)