Post by TheHallow1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:19 am

Anyone else have this problem?
Trick 'r Treat

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Snow Before Halloween

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am

In middle Tennessee, we celebrate if we get snow once all winter!

Two years ago, in 2010, we got snow on Christmas Eve. Seriously, we went to church at 10:30, left just after midnight, and it had started snowing while we were inside. Too perfect. But that happens, like, once or twice in a long lifetime in this neck of the woods.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Typically no though last year in the north east a blizzard went through the Saturday before Halloween. That of course is the date of my yearly Halloween party which had to be postponed a day(we tried not to but once we saw a car almost spin off the road we had to). Of course that meant like half the guests could no longer come but we had a good time anyway. I was just left with a lot of pumpkin beer.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:54 pm

We could actualy get snow fluries by Sunday night. It's only a slight possibility, but I have seen it happen before. The time I most vividly remember was when I was about 10. We actualy got about an inch of very heavy wet snow about two weeks before the 'big day,' but it all melted away and Halloween that year was actualy pretty nice.

I've shoveled snow as early as 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, though, and when I was a freshman in high school, we had 4 inches in our drive way which I had to shovel on Thanksgiving before we left for my uncle's house.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:58 pm

I've heard of snow. That's the white stuff that falls from the sky, right? I heard when it hits your skin it burns. Don't think I'd like that.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:23 am

It is snowing right now where I am. :alien:
我想念我的家

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:32 pm

NeverMore, I wouldn't say it burns, but it certainly doesn't feel too good.

Chang, it very well could be snowing by late Sunday evening here in my neck of the woods.

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:21 pm

PumpKin Man I think I saw that you live in Chicago IL region. I will go there tomorrow to visit friends that live in Lake Zurich on the NW part of the metro area.
我想念我的家

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:03 pm

I've seen snow twice...yes twice...in my whole life..
Once, on the ground; my parents took me up to Flagstaff, AZ and let me slide
down a hill in the snow.. Did it twice and was done (it was cold....!!!!!)
Once, when I went to Pennsylvania in January...it snowed on me.
Probably not what some of you would call snow, but it freaked me out!!!
Hated it!! Cold, wet, slimy, and yucky!
I'm an Arizona girl...lol

Big_Guh
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Big_Guh » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:35 am

Here in Central Virginia its feast or famine when it comes to snowfall. Some years we'll receive foot after foot of snow, while others we are hard pressed to reach seasonal accumulations of over 6 inches. It's actually a nice happy medium here in terms of snow, as we don't consistently receive enough for it to become a nuisance; when it falls its still a novelty, festive, and it certainly keeps us guessing.

I can't recall it EVER snowing here as early as October 31st, however. It was 82 degrees here today, as a matter of fact!

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:19 am

It has been unseasonably warm here in NJ as well We're also going to get hit by Sandy from the south and I thought I heard Sandy was going to merge with another storm from the west before it hits us. It's being refereed to as Frankenstorm. It is supposedly going to rain Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning. With Tuesday getting winds of up to 50 mph. I'm sure many haunts are in danger I may take my outdoor stuff inside Tuesday until it's safer on Wednesday. Hopefully everyone in the storms path weathers(pun intended) it well.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:16 am

There's supposed to be a big hurricane around here anytime from now to Halloween. They gave it the right nickname, Frankenstorm. So I don't know if Halloween is canceled yet. If the storm ruins it I know I'll be pissed.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:54 am

Rising Dead Man wrote:If the storm ruins it I know I'll be pissed.
Especially since this will be the last Halloween according to the Mayans. :wink:

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:03 pm

You all are so funny!

Big Guh, I used to live in Richmond, and later on in Staunton, in the Shenandoah Valley. I saw the most snow I have ever seen in my life up in VA, as that is the farthest north I have ever lived.

I discovered in VA that I love the first snow of the season, but I get really, really tired of it when it stays on the ground into April, and piles up like dirty styrofoam on the side of the road.

I sometimes wish we could get a little more here in middle TN, though. Some years we have several snows, but there are others when we don't get any. I don't think I've ever seen more than six inches here in Murfreesboro, and usually our snows are much lighter than that.

The earliest I have ever seen snow is the night before Thanksgiving, when I lived in Staunton, VA.

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:You all are so funny!

Big Guh, I used to live in Richmond, and later on in Staunton, in the Shenandoah Valley. I saw the most snow I have ever seen in my life up in VA, as that is the farthest north I have ever lived.

I discovered in VA that I love the first snow of the season, but I get really, really tired of it when it stays on the ground into April, and piles up like dirty styrofoam on the side of the road.

I sometimes wish we could get a little more here in middle TN, though. Some years we have several snows, but there are others when we don't get any. I don't think I've ever seen more than six inches here in Murfreesboro, and usually our snows are much lighter than that.

The earliest I have ever seen snow is the night before Thanksgiving, when I lived in Staunton, VA.
It's a small world. I'm actually in Charlottesville, which as you know, is smack dab between Staunton and Richmond. Charlottesville has grown VERY rapidly over the last 10-20 years, and with such growth, inevitably comes heavier traffic. Heavier traffic = more roads, more roads = a greater volume of grimy snow pushed to roadsides. Not to mention all of the salt on the roads (which is terrible for your car).

I'll be in your neck of the woods the weekend before Thanksgiving as I'm traveling to Franklin, TN to visit with friends. While you may not receive the snowfall you'd like, your area is awesome. I love the greater Nashville area.

A couple of years ago, to clear parking lots around one of our major shopping centers, plows pushed all of the snow into one, large, dirty, gritty mountain. While gradually diminishing in size, the gargantuan snow pile persisted and survived until darn near early May. It came to be known as "Chipotle Mountain" as it was adjacent to a Chipotle restaurant, and pretty much eclipsed the establishment when looking in from the highway.

Back to Halloween; while a white Halloween doesn't sound appealing, I sure as heck would take that over a hurricane slammed Halloween. If we're getting the winds of 55 MPH plus that they're talking about, we surely won't have power. Suddenly, Jack O Laterns are even MORE invaluable!

On the other hand, a Halloween night spent in flickering candle light, with spooky winds will surely have a memorable, eerie vibe...You've got to work with what you've got, I guess...