New Pieces this year

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

New Pieces this year

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:13 am

Hey everyone - since some halloween goodies are poping up around us what is everyone diving into first? Well its probably been obvious from my post but I have been buying pieces for my dept. 56 village all year around because this little shop in Louisville keeps their halloween village display up ALL YEAR!!!! They know me there by name because how many other people by a halloween village piece for christmas and my birthday in feb??
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:43 pm

Well as soon as Michael's here gets in their Halloween stuff, I'm diving for the stuff I want to do my Witches Lair, and other interior and outdoor decorations. There are a few Lemax pieces I'd like but I'll start with the other stuff first.

I can't wait!!! And I'm sure they can't either as I think they are thinking I'm some kind of loonie calling there every week to see if anythings in yet. So far they said its just the fall garlands and flowers. I'm saving my drive though for the real gold! :wink:

revelesnet
Crypt Keeper

Post by revelesnet » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:11 pm

I stopped our local Michael's today and the only thing they have put out so far is the "Fun-Kins" which are the carvable foam pumpkins.

But they were clearing out the seasonal aisles and the worker told me that they will start putting out the Halloween stuff on July 5th
Is it Halloween yet? and by the way it's not makeup it's jaundice.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:04 pm

OH MY GOSH! FUN-KINS!!!! DOE!!! I was just at Michael's today picking up more clay and I didn't even think to look! :roll:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:26 pm

revelesnet, July 5th Eh, ok sweet, we shouldn't be long after that or maybe around the same time.

Look out Fun-Kins, OEJ's on the lose,lol :wink:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:34 am

I have never done a fun-kin before. Perhaps I will try it this year, I was never good at carving pumpkins but mostly because it got so messy and then they just rot : (

I never made it to Michaels this past weekend so I need to go soon!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:21 pm

I'm planning to go after hubby returns to camp. He's finally getting to come home tomorrow for a week or so after being in camp for 2 months, so I'll be spending time with him, and this is our Canada Day Long weekend this weekend. So ya, after he's left to return to camp, then I'll go into Abbotsford and see whats out, oh boy I hope they have the stuff out by then.
:wink: :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:59 pm

DOD I hope you are enjoying him being home! I went to Michaels the other day but they only had some fall garland out. Someone mentioned on another thread that mid july or so is when it should come out.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:35 pm

Hey Mandy0221, Yes, thats what our Michael's told me also. My honey is leaving at 3am in the morning to go back up to camp for another 1.5 months, can't believe how fast a week goes by :cry:

NATUREPIXIE
Crypt Keeper

Post by NATUREPIXIE » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:55 pm

The Michael's here in Texas has stuff out. I bought some stuff already.

The have pails, buckets, signs, candle holders, with potion bottles, Lemax Spooky Town, candy dishes and small nic nac stuff. They don't have thre big stuff out yet, but I'm sure it's coming soon. :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:57 am

Hey NaturePixie, I hope when I get out to go to the one closest to me they have out the Signs, and Potion bottles, those are 2 of my highest Priorities.
I'm really wanting some of the signs they had last year here. THey were like a light tin/metal material and they had different Witch Type Sayings on them, did you see those? And the potion bottles I want, well I only got one last year, they're like a coloured glass "not the ceramic looking ones" Mine says Wool of Bat I think with like a classy type label on it. I'd like to get the rest of the set.
What did you buy?

NATUREPIXIE
Crypt Keeper

Post by NATUREPIXIE » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:14 am

That's what they have..lol I bought three of the tin signs my favorite one says "Welcome to Sinister Sally's Witch's Curse and Suppy Hut". I plan on going to buy a few more signs later.. I have plenty of bottles already but I did write down some of the sayings to use..lol

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:24 am

OMG! You're sooo lucky! Oh how I hope they have what I want when I go :) How much are they down there? Probably alot cheaper then here.

NATUREPIXIE
Crypt Keeper

Post by NATUREPIXIE » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:30 am

The medium sign was 5.99 the two smaller signs were 2.99. The bottles range from 2.99 to 4.99.

The tag says US price $5.99 /Can $9.99.. Do they really cost that much there?

I also had a 40% off coupon I used on the medium sign ..lol I love coupons..lol So it was actually $3.59..

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:46 am

NaturePixies, Sadly yes, the tags are correct, which makes it rough when you see all the stuff you like but are on a tight budget :cry: I've heard of people having these 40% off coupons, but you see the closest Michael's to me is in the next town, so thats probably why I don't get them, double booo hooo :cry: