Awkward Halloween Moments

Discussion of general Halloween topics
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Awkward Halloween Moments

Post by jadewik » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:36 pm

Does anyone else have a moment where you said something Halloween related as if it was completely natural... only to ponder it a little and realize that, if you didn't LOVE Halloween as much as you did, it would have sounded really weird?

So, my son is a preemie and Arizona has a program where a Registered Nurse (RN) comes to check up on his development. We just had his 6 month appointment and the nurse was talking to me about baby proofing the house.

Me: I know, I know. I need to put the scythe away.

RN: Haha. Yeah and all the sharp things too.

*RN notices the scythe*

RN: Oh, you really DO have a scythe...

Anyone else have an awkward Halloween moment they want to share? =)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Awkward Halloween Moments

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:18 am

:lol: Can't think of one off-hand, but that's a good story.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:22 pm

I often wonder what the neighbors think when I am putting the lights on the railing of my balcony in mid-September. Not the neighbors that have bonfires and will be out there chatting at 3:00 am, not realizing that their voices carry. I don't care what they think.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:44 pm

When we moved to Salt Lake City my wife and I unloaded the casket (real wood not cardboard) off the moving truck and the Mormon neighbors just stared at us and then they moved about a month later, dont know if it was related or not. They only came over once to say hi and that was it.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Are you talking about the many times throughout the year when I'd be jamming Halloween music in my truck, not realizing my window is down and everyone in the other vehicles are looking at me in that concerned sort of way? Or you talking about when I'd forget I'm wearing my very comfortable pumpkin slippers when I go to the store to get a Big Gulp?

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Spookymufu wrote:When we moved to Salt Lake City my wife and I unloaded the casket (real wood not cardboard) off the moving truck and the Mormon neighbors just stared at us and then they moved about a month later, dont know if it was related or not. They only came over once to say hi and that was it.
LOL! I'm afraid it's not related as Mormons (myself included) really enjoy Halloween. I actually had a similar experience with a resin skull with astrological symbols etched into it while moving apartments back in 2006. The JW's saw it and, for some reason, never swung by my apartment to say "hi".
NeverMore wrote:
Are you talking about the many times throughout the year when I'd be jamming Halloween music in my truck, not realizing my window is down and everyone in the other vehicles are looking at me in that concerned sort of way? Or you talking about when I'd forget I'm wearing my very comfortable pumpkin slippers when I go to the store to get a Big Gulp?
That's the very sort of thing I'm talking about. Hehehe. Way to show your Halloween spirit! =)

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:47 pm

jadewik wrote:LOL! I'm afraid it's not related as Mormons (myself included) really enjoy Halloween.
you know, we (in SLC) had so many haunted houses and yard decorations, it's crazy, the most Halloween spirited town I've ever been in. It was awesome living there, but these people across the street watched us unload that coffin and put it in the garage like they were watching an auto accident, it was an interesting first impression for us in a new neighborhood.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:20 pm

jadewik wrote:
LOL! I'm afraid it's not related as Mormons (myself included) really enjoy Halloween. =)

You know, I have heard that often. I had no clue you were Mormon. You instantly became a lot more interesting.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

The Duchess
Haunt Master

Post by The Duchess » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Dressing as a woman for a Halloween party. I am a male!

I was dressed as a spinster lady in a large red outfit with a hoop skirt and feathered hat, fan and string purse.

I was very awkward walking and sitting in the dress, but all became easier as the night went on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I didn't win the prize but had a lot of great comments !

The Duchess
CHEERS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! FROM THE GUY IN A DRESS

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Boogeyman wrote:You know, I have heard that often. I had no clue you were Mormon. You instantly became a lot more interesting.
It's only taken me six years to post my religion on this forum... can you imagine what other tid-bits I'm hiding?

Duchess- You don't look awkward in any of your photos at all! If you hadn't shared that story, I'd have never known.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:13 pm

jadewik wrote:Duchess- You don't look awkward in any of your photos at all! If you hadn't shared that story, I'd have never known.
You didn't know she was a dude!?! Hmmm... I got some ocean front property in Arizona I can sell you. :wink:

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:57 am

jadewik wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:You know, I have heard that often. I had no clue you were Mormon. You instantly became a lot more interesting.
It's only taken me six years to post my religion on this forum... can you imagine what other tid-bits I'm hiding?

One of the reasons you became more interesting. :wink:

Henry David Thoreau

The Duchess
Haunt Master

Post by The Duchess » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:20 am

Duchess- You don't look awkward in any of your photos at all! If you hadn't shared that story, I'd have never known.[/quote]

Ah. Then I must make a good woman in costume. Makes me feel good!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THE DUCHESS
CHEERS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! FROM THE GUY IN A DRESS

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 pm

NeverMore wrote:... I got some ocean front property in Arizona I can sell you. :wink:
That would go well with my membership to the Quartzsite, Arizona Yacht Club, wouldn't it? =)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:11 am

I thought about it and thought about it, and as it turns out, I did live through a very awkward Halloween moment when I was a Freshman in high school. I know I told this story before so if you don't already know it, then you may not want to waist your time, but it is pretty humerous when you look at it in retro spect.

Anyway, when Freshman Year started, the language department decided that what the Freshman Enghish students is a 'challenge,' so they decided to hold this school wide writing contest for the Freshman class only. The "Winner," hets to hear his or her story told over the school P A system, and it will count as an "A" towards your English grade. Anyway, The "challenge," was to write a Halloween story (or a horror story) about one of your teachers. They were all cool with the idea.

Anyway, I wrote my story about the school Band Master. I was in the band, and I played the trombone. I was not very good, and my trombone was the same one I had n grammer school, because that was all my parents could afford back then. Anyway, Band was the last subject of the day before school was out, and it was 7th period class that they decided to announce the 'big winner' of the Freshman Halloween Teacher Writing Contest and read the story aloud for the entire school. Well, it just so happened that I WON that contest, and the teacher who I wrote about was right there directing the band, until the P A Cut in.

Then after my name was announced, as was the name of the band master, the main character of my story, the head of the English department proceeded to read aloud, all the "gory" detales as to how the band master, turns into a cat late at night, attacks unsuspecting victims, drinks all their blood, and then his victims come back to life as cats and they come back to haunt the band master. I even added a "cute" little pice of "advice" to all those unsuspecting faculty members to beware of those cats. The tabby you hear prancing across the piano keyboard might be the long lost Amelia Areheart, and that some what larg strapping looking tom cat rubbing his head against your leg must might be the long lost Jimmy Hoffa.

With that, the entire band bursted out laughing, including the band master, his wife and daughter. It's funny now when look at it as a guy in his early 50s, but back then, it was very awkward.

Mike