Name the actor that...

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Name the actor that...

Post by Boogeyman » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:48 pm

... appears the most in the films you have on DVD, Blu-ray, or DVR or even VHS? For me it is Christopher Lee. I have most of the Hammer Dracula and Frankenstein series. Lee was in most of the Dracula films and was the monster in the Curse of Frankenstein. I also have the Lord of the Rings trilogy. He also has a cameo in the Johnny Depp Sleepy Hollow film. In second place would be Donald Pleasence but mostly because I own copies of the Halloween series, including the producers' cut of Halloween 6 or Halloween 666 as some cuts call it.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Name the actor that...

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:07 pm

We have so many DVDS that that would be a hard one for me to answer. Maybe John Wayne? My husband has a whole folder dedicated to him.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Bit of trivia regarding Christopher Lee. He was wanted by John Carpenter to play the Donald Pleasence character, Doctor Loomis in Halloween. He turned it down though and the rest as the say is history.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:13 pm

I have heard that before Kolchak. As much as I like Donald Pleasence, and he owned the role, Lee is an absolute legend.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:15 pm

As much as I don't really care for the guy, I love his movies. I probably have all of Tom Cruise's movies.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:23 am

That's the funny thing about Cruise. He really is an excellent actor, so much so that I often forget when I am watching him how little I care for him.

And I had his number long before the "jumping on the couch" thing. Back when he was nominated for Jerry MacGuire, a movie in which he occupied nearly every frame, and lost to Geoffrey Rush, for a movie in which he appeared only 1/3 of the time, I realized that Hollywood didn't like Cruise. And I thought, "Why don't they like him?" And it dawned on me, "He is arrogant, that's why." Arrogant, and a kook in his personal beliefs, but a good actor.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:53 pm

He may be a kook Murf, but then again so is 99% of Hollywood. And I think Scientology is pretty much accepted out there too. Most of them are arrogant also. But your point is well taken.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Oh, I agree, Boogeyman, but I think Cruise takes it to the extreme even by Hollywood standards. I think he is an authoritarian personality (lecturing Brooke Shields about postpartum depression, for example). He thinks he knows better than everybody about everything. That's what the Hollywood types find grating about him.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:16 am

Actualy, I have no clue. I know that Boris Karlov, Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney Jr appear in a lot of my DVDs. Johnathin Frid appears in most of my VHS tapes. ("Dark Shadows" reruns) Christopher Lee and Jack Henning is in a few of them, too. I really don't know off the top of my hear which movie star appears in THE MOST.

Mike