Its better to stick to original

Discussion of general Halloween topics
SIEFKA
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Its better to stick to original

Post by SIEFKA » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:26 pm

I have gone back and forth about whether I should celebrate Halloween on september 13 this friday. I have finally decided to actually not. In the past I have gotten fall decorations out and then the last week of september I get the Halloween decorations out. One thing I noticed about this year was that I celebrated a few times such as in november, may, june, august. Well I still want to have that magic about it so I decided to wait until October to really start celebrating it how I usually do. That means not listening to any Halloween music or watching any videos just preparing props.

Anyone else do something similar?

Have a great day!

I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Its better to stick to original

Post by Boogeyman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:33 am

I do for the most part. I have a Halloween playlist that I will listen to while at the gym six days a week. And I usually watch movies a few times a week. I also listen to the internet radio stations and a website that streams the old time radio programs, focusing on the thriller and horror ones. Sometimes even when I only start on October 1st, I still have been burned out by the time Halloween arrives. And that is never good.

You know yourself best and knows what works best for you.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

SIEFKA
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by SIEFKA » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:22 pm

Yeah you’re right! I have sometimes gotten burnt out when starting on October 1 too as well. I am just going to stick to the original since everyone has their own way of it. I don't want it to lose that magic so I purposely chose to not pull out fall decorations until it is actually fall and the Halloween decorations until the last week of September. I am still going to work on projects yes. If I want to have a successful yard haunt for 2013 then that takes months of planning! :D

I honestly think that it is a little bit too early for Haunted Houses to be opening up September 13. I am definitely not against it that is for sure! I understand that they have to make their money. I told myself I will not do anything Halloween related such as music, movies, and decorations until October. I will just prepare props to make.

I also workout to Halloween playlist as well, same for one in the car it is really funny to see the people’s faces when I drive buy blaring Halloween music. But hey if you can blare Christmas music in November after Thanksgiving then I sure can blare Halloween music when it is October!

I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:56 am

Well at least join in on "Little Halloween" tomorrow. After all, the 13th of any month very seldomly falls on a friday. Having the 13th of Sept fall on a friday is like the little appatiser before the main courus. Then we have December 13th on a Friday. That's like a little morsel of desert that you take home in a 'doggie bag,' but it still tastes pretty good. Enjoy "Little Halloween" this year, because next year we only get one "Little Halloween," or "Friday the 13th. Friday June 13th will be our only "Little Halloween for the entire year of 2014.

Mike