My Sculpey Adventure!

What crafts are fun for the holiday season?
One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:15 am

Hmmm, NP that's not a bad idea. I'll have to think about that one. Thanks for the idea!!!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:59 am

Man o'Man! there's really so much to this <deleted>, I'm almost afraid of going that next step, know what I mean? I've been reading in these books where s lot of figurines need two and three bakings, layer by layer.
That's real nice to find out now that I've got 80% assembled.
I've got everything done, now but the back drop.... the 'scene' that he's in.
I've decided to bake what I've got done so far then ad the backround scene then bake it again......
This is what I have so far....

Well, I've baked it for the given amount of time: 275 F for 15 mins. for every 1/4 in. ....... well, CRIMANY! there are LOTS of varying thinknesses to this piece and I just wasn't really sure. At the thickest point, it's an inch thick and at it's thinest it's about a 16th of an inch thick..... you tell me!!!!

It's been out of the oven now for about 20 mins. and it seems to be hardening up a bit. The amount of time I left it in also darkened it up a bit, which is ok ultimately cus I WANT my work kind of 'dark' anyway.

Wish me luck and I'll take more pics of it tomorrow after I think it's done 'setting'. Oy Vey...... the first time is always the most nerve-wracking!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:58 am

Oh my OEJ it looks heavenly! Just WOW, so awesome, you're a nature at this!

You're totally amazing!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:23 am

One Eye'd Jack...all kidding aside, that is one of the best looking Halloween pieces I have EVER seen, you are a truly talented individual. Can't wait to see the finished product!

YOU ROCK!!!! 8)

Question: did they sculpy clay come in different colors, or are you painting it?
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:14 am

Thank you very VERY much, Hooch! It really means a lot!
I used 'Sculpey III' and the stuff is sooooooooo cool. It comes in 32 colors and I kid you not, the stuff mixes and blends with itself almost as easily as paint. The colors you can come up with are infinite!!!! I didn't have to paint anything at all. Now, that's not to say I won't find a reason to paint in the future.
I really just wanted to see if I could do anything. I just wanted to start with clay and wire and see what happened...........
Well,.... HERE IT IS!!!!!
TA-DAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I have to be honest, I kind of surprised myself. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
I've got some really neat ideas of what I want to do next. For example, (hehehe) picture this... One Eye'd Jack's (my little character, not me) first time trick or treating. MWAHAHAHA!!!!
What I want to know is how does one go about getting a design like this mass produced? I have NO idea about how this 'industry' works.
I know I'm getting WAY ahead of myself but I canNOT tell you just how much I enjoyed doing this and all I wanna do now is make stuff and make stuff and make stuff! and hey, if I could make money at makin' STUFF, wouldn't THAT be cool!!!!

Anyway, I'm really happy that I was able to share this with you all and how supportive you've all been. At each step, I told myself, "I can't wait to show the guys!"

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please post it here. :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:27 am

OEJ, It's AWESOME! :D I just love it! And I'm not joking when I say that you've got some serious natural talent there! It turned out Remarkable! I will see what I can find out about marketening such things, ok.

So proud of you Jack :D ! I just can't believe your talent!!! Thanks for the pictures, and again, what a smile you have :wink:

If I were you, I'd never part with my first piece!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:31 am

By the way, I painted my shirt, too! :)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:39 am

Oh OEJ, you're just too darn adorable :wink: You're such the little pumpkin head :wink:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:56 am

Thank you so much DOD! Wow! I can't believe you got a post in before my tee-shirt post. I thought I posted it pretty quickly.
And that would be GREAT if you could find anything out about what my next step should be.
Thanks! XOXO!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:58 am

***Hooch is speechless***

(and ask anybody here, THAT's a first! :lol: :lol: )
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:00 am

Hey OEJ, no problem! Hey by the way, I'm listening to this new band I found, pretty dark & goth, check em' out.. http://www.collinwood13.com :twisted:

Let me know what you think :wink:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:06 am

***OEJ is speechless that HOOCH is speechless!!!***
I love you too, hun! :)
XOXO

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:11 am

That's cause MammaHooch Rocks! She's the Halloween bomb :wink: :D my new nickname for MHooch, but I'll still call ya MHooch :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:22 am

HEHEHEHEHE!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:39 pm

:( Isn't anyone else looking at my final product?
Or should I assume it's a case of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"?

... and PLEEEEEEEASE be objective? I REALLY don't know what I'm doing. I really am just making it up as I go along.