The story of the Most Haunted House in England

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
dekrue2013
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

The story of the Most Haunted House in England

Post by dekrue2013 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:17 pm

Probably the most famously haunted place in the world, of all time, was the Borley Rectory in England. There was a book written by Harry Price, a well known member of the Psychical Research team sent into investigate the mysterious and inexplicable events that occurred there. Built in 1862, it had a storied past, well fraught with all a whole compendium of paranormal activity. At the height of it's familiarity, the Bell family resided there and where tormented by many hauntings. Harry Price was a master of his craft, and built his reputation on trying to disprove the findings. He could not. In fact, there was a prediction that a fire would destroy the Rectory and it did, in 1939. This was all communicated through direct writing, a supernormal phenomena. The Rectory was demolished in 1944, but it still remains as 'the most haunted house in England'.
Peace and Happiness to you!
Come to my interesting store that is also Halloween friendly (or frightening, if you like).
http://newagemystique.com

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: The story of the Most Haunted House in England

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:41 am

Interesting. You'd think, as old as England is, that their most haunted house would be a lot older than 1862.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Murf, a haunting of any residence is as much depenand on what goes on in that place as it's age. I would tend to agree, though. If anything should be "most haunted" in England, I think it would be the Tower of Londen, Hampton Court or Bedlum.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:45 am

Yeah, I would think the Tower would be very haunted. I believe (not sure) that Bedlam was torn down a long time ago, but there could still be spirits in the vicinity.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:52 am

That't down right TRAGIC. They tore down Bedlum???? Well I guess...........Oh well. It upsets me to see something of such an historic nature torn down in the name of "progress." That happens here in the United States a lot more often than it happens in England, too. At least as far as I know, it does.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:06 am

Mmm... if I recall correctly, Borley rectory had a place for prisoners and people were tortured and locked up there... I'm a little fuzzy on my knowledge and the YouTube video I'd watched on it has since been taken down. I do remember that a priest tried to exorcise the building, but he died shortly after his attempt. An unsuccessful attempt, I might add.

Suffice it to say, I've heard a lot of ghost stories from across the pond... from old roman soldiers crossing highways and scaring traffic, cottages with ghosts that torment children, black clouds, bleeding logs and phantom women, ghost WWII airplane crashes, ghostly brothers of famous Bronte authors, and even the ghost of Tom Fool of Muncaster Castle (Shameless blog plug there). There are plenty of ghost stories if you know where to look. I think Borley Rectory is just the most well known haunted location. =)

Mvcornmaze
Ghost

Post by Mvcornmaze » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:54 am

I believe that Moapa Valley Cornmaze is the most amazing haunted house in the united states. I vividly remember my last visit with family and this was amazing. I hade other options too for activities and I think everyone should go there once.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:57 pm

Speaking of tearing down historical places, the Bartonville Insane Asylum has been demolished in the name of so-called "progress" recently, and all the photos I took of it were destroyed in the fire of 2015. I didn't know of the demolition so there won't be any more photos. The worst part of it was that there was serious interest in restoring it and making it a museum of mental health. There was even people with money who were willing to back it up, but some namby-pamby town official claimed it to be an "attractive nuisance," and it was demolished. I know it's the 21st Century and the world is changing, but I just don't understand what's so "progressive" about tearing down our History so there will be no evidence of it left.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:52 am

I'm with you, Mike. So sad your photos are gone, too. Didn't you share some on line once? Could those be retrieved?

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:57 pm

Yes, I did post a bunch of those here, and they should be on the 'haunted places' board some where. They are a little old. I posted the first set of exteriors I shot, and then on another visit, the owners actually let me inside, and I got some pretty neat photos on that trip, too.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:02 am

I hope you can recover them!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:14 pm

That would be nice, Murf. There are a lot of things I would like to recover that went up in that fire.

Mike