Scarefest haunted attractions in St. Louis

Review the Haunts you've visted
JonH
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Scarefest haunted attractions in St. Louis

Post by JonH » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:44 pm

looking forward to visiting all 3 "Scarefest.com" haunted houses in the St. Louis area - The Darkness, Creepyworld screampark, and the Lemp Brewery haunted caverns. The Darkness gets all of the press for the STL haunted scene nationally, but the other 2 hold their own - the brewery caverns are an amazing atmosphere, and the Creepyworld park - in a wooded area of suburban St. Louis with 10 total attractions in one - might be the most "Halloween-feel" place in the area. Can't wait!

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Scarefest haunted attractions in St. Louis

Post by witchy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:52 pm

I wanna go, but my hubby has never been into haunted houses, I drug him to one when we were dating and he said never again!! :(

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:01 am

There are a number of haunted attractions in the Nashville area, but I haven't been to many of them due to the price of tickets. When you are trying to pay for a family of four or five, those $15-$20 + tickets can really add up. We may try to do one this year.

Most years I go to the city parks & rec carnival, which includes a haunted hayride and is quite inexpensive. Once or twice we've done the corn mazes, and my husband says he'd like to do that again this year. We lean toward doing things like ghost tours, though, because they cost less and are often intertwined with local history, which is kind of neat to learn about.

JonH
Crypt Keeper

Post by JonH » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:11 pm

i can definitely understand the cash issue. We always make sure to find a deal - for the Scarefest trio around here, you can do a 1 time purchase online for all 3 (with speed passes) for a total of $60 per ticket if you wait for the special online deals. We set the cash aside a head of time, like some people do for a small vacation, etc.