Haunted Washer...? (Possibly Dryer?)

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Haunted Washer...? (Possibly Dryer?)

Post by MauEvig » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:32 am

So our washer and dryer which is located in the kitchen, I have reason to believe might be haunted.
It started when the washer started freaking out with the lights coming on and off, and then one day it just sort of turned on by itself.
Our dryer also died, but that didn't stop it from coming on this morning.
Pretty freaky. It could be faulty wiring or coincidence.
Or maybe...this little old house is haunted. According to the Landlord, people have died in this house. We also live in an area where there's a lot of tales of hauntings, and close to a lot of old civil war sites. Kind of exciting to think about. ^^;
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Re: Haunted Washer...? (Possibly Dryer?)

Post by NeverMore » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Oh yeah... you definitely need to watch The Conjuring.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:26 am

I believe that clothes dryers are portals to an alternate dimension whose inhabitants live on a diet of individual socks.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:07 pm

That would make sense. I guess that's where all the heat comes from. When the portal shuts down, so does the dryer.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:16 pm

If you like haunted washing machines and dryers, read the book "The Mangler" by Stephen King," or rent the movie of the same title.

Mike

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Thanks! I'll check those out sometime. Probably more likely the movie adaptation, unless I can make myself sit down and read. I have books on my shelves that I always intend on reading, but I either get distracted by other things or just don't have the time.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Sorry about the double post, but I wanted to add some things I found out about our house here since I think it's related to the topic.

Evidently this house, and the the one next to it, and the one just above that one all on a small hill, were built by the same family. This particular house, the smallest one ended up with the same property as the larger one where the land lord lives, and was built for an elderly couple, the parents of the people who built the other houses. Evidently, they died in this house many years ago.

Also something strange happened last night, but I could have sworn I smelled old lady perfume, even if it was just for a split second or so. I also find that when I'm home alone, it feels like there's something or someone else in the house with me. Although I could just be being paranoid. Of course, my boyfriend gets the same feeling if he's home alone. Also, sometimes the cats act like they're starring at something in particular. Sometimes they feel a little uneasy.

It's always kind of nice to hear the history behind the house you live in, regardless if you rent or own the house. Perhaps that Elderly Couple still live here, but as ghosts. I suppose as long as they mean no harm, we don't mind too much.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:42 pm

I think my microwave is haunted. Does that count?

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 pm

Maybe if that ghost is hungry. lol!
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:40 pm

I think he has a thing for my pizza hot pockets. I may have to hurt him! :lol: :wink:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:50 pm

I remember years ago hearing a story about a 'haunted' movie projector. It was a relic of the silent movie era. Too old to have a sound reader, but not too old to have an electric motor. Anyway, as the story goes, several projectionists were electrocuted while trying to power up the carbon arch lamp to project the film. When the 'talkies' came out, that old machine was shoved off to the side, but there have been numerous reports that it would mysteriously turn itself on, and there was even one claim that it turned itself on when it wasn't even connected to power. These episodes supposedly occured at a theatre in Rockford Illinois, but I can't remember the name of that theatre. As for the projector, 35mm motion picture projectors have a regular 110 vold power source for the motor that advances the film, but the lamp requires a much higher voltage, so I am a bit sketpical about it. It would seem to me, that it would be the theatre or projection booth that would be 'haunted' rather then the projector. But you never know. There are plenty of haunted car stories, haunted ship stories, ghost ship stories, ghost airplane stories, you name it. I suppose that in 100 or 150 years from now, people will start seeing ghost space ships.

Mike

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:15 pm

I knew of a haunted refrigerator back in college.

It was really weird.

You put beer in it and let it get cold.

When the beer was cold you took out one at a time a drank it.

Then something bizarre took over your body and you did all kinds of strange things which you couldn't explain the following day. If that doesn't prove the refrigerator was haunted, I don't know what does?

Had a similar haunted refrigerator when I was in the army!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:01 am

I don't know about a haunted refrigerator, Kolchak, but I certainly drank from a few haunted beer cans in my day. I also drank from a few haunted whisky bottles as well. The 'spirits' in those bottles had me doing things that I never would have thought I could do.

Mike

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:28 pm

Freaky things happen in this house sometimes. I swear this house must be haunted. Just in the bathroom that bottle of perfume rolled back and forth on it's own and scared me. x.x Made a weird skidding noise too that I couldn't duplicate rolling it on it's own.
I mentioned the story of the washer starting up on it's own right here in this thread.
Then there was the strange whiff of perfume I smelled that I wasn't sure where it came from. I mean, it could have come from the bathroom...but it was just sudden and didn't linger very long.
The house is old, originally built for an elderly couple. They must have liked the place so much they decided to stay long after they died.
I guess I don't mind too much, but it certainly feels eerie in here every once in a while.
And JUST now, something slipped on the shelves and made the necklaces we have hanging there wave back and forth.
Everything's moving around in here. x.X
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:48 pm

There are a lot of things, however, that can cause a washer or any other electric appliance to turn itself on. Some times the switch and the timer goes bad. The best way to deal with it is to unplug it when not in use. If it turns itself on unplugged, then you have a ghost in your washer.

Mike