Halloween / Horror Collecting

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Dr Strange

Halloween / Horror Collecting

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:45 pm

When you come across a Halloween/Horror/Monster collectable do you just buy it or are you more picky? I like the Wolfman but I really don't buy anything and everything with a picture of Lon Chaney, Jr. on it. I almost bought a Johnny Lightning Hummer car because it was a Boris Karloff as Frankenstein design, but I try to not to go overboard.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:31 pm

Myself, I like Pumpkin heads. They can't be too cutesy and it has to LOOK like a pumpkin, not just an orange ball with a face on it. And if it has a body, that preferable. I also like witches and skeletons and spectors. I like the jim shore collectible stuff along with bethany lowe and other things like that.
I have been inspired, most resently, I must say and as soon as I get a few other things taken care of, I WILL be getting an orange VW bug and I'll want it custom painted to look like a Jack O Lantern.... It's no hummer but if that's over board than color me guilty!!!

:D

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:20 pm

For me, I'd love to get sexy witch and vampiress! :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:21 pm

Well I'm going to have to be honest here, I'm very picky about what I collect :oops: :oops: :oops: But I am who I am, and our differences are what make each of us unique and special spirits. I collect many different things, but I only buy what I am drawn too, you know, that ok "I have to Have that" when a piece speaks to you, kow what I mean. I love Gargoyles "but again, I have extremely accentric tastes when it comes to them", as there are many I don't care for at all. I also love bats, black cats, Ravens or Crows, Tombstones, Very picky about my witches, Cauldrons, Potion Bottles, Crosses, and I'm sure other stuff.. :D :wink:

I have an unhealthy Addiction to Antique/Vintage/Victorian/Gothic Candelabras & Candle Holders "don't even ask me how many I have" cause I don't know. :oops: :wink: :D

Well that's just for starters :wink:

If I ever get fully unpacked I will post pictures of my home, oh ya "once I learn how to post" :lol: :lol:

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:31 am

It's hard to say...I sort of buy things every once in a while, and only when the piece stands out somehow, is unusual...

I do like jack o lantern stickers, and there are many different types of these, many designs, so I am often looking around for appealing JOLs to add to the sticker collection. Fairly cheap thing to collect.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:18 am

My best Halloween/Horror pieces are a NECA Wolfman Head Knocker and the Sideshow Wolfman 12" figure, both of which are fantastic! I also have the 12" Ultimate Ghost Rider on his Hell Cycle which is a very cool piece and still can be found at Wal-Mart (although I bought mine at a better price from Amazon). I also have the NECA 6" Davy Jones and Skeleton Pirate.
My true love is for the classic Universal Monsters and with my birthday fast approaching I'm hinting around for some more of the Sideshow figures like Frankenstein and Phantom of the Opera. Right now the "grail" as it were would be the Sideshow 12" Mr Hyde, from he Frederick March film. Not only is it one of my absolute favorite films but it's a gorgeous piece. I can't find it for sell anywhere right now, even on ebay. But I'll keep lookiing.... :wink:
Last edited by Dr Strange on Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:24 pm

I would say I am more picky. I like thigs to be cute & classic or spooky and creepy. I have a very mixed taste. Plus if I bought everything I saw I would be broke, so I usually will choose one thing if I see several I like.

But there really isnt anything in particular that I look for collectable wise.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:11 am

I've begun to narrow the field a bit more in the last few years. I am finding myself more and more drawn to witches, but I also love a good ol' JOL. I have been swearing for years that I am going to purge some of my Halloween decor, but I find myself barely able to part with anything. I'm not really what you'd call a "collector". I have a really hard time limiting myself when I find something I like. (Just ask my husband!) I guess my biggest collection is my Lemax Spooky Village stuff. And I am pathologically attached to those! :oops:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:13 am

And by the way, OEJ....

I HIGHLY recommend the orange VW bug. :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:01 am

I would just LOVE to come across another indoor tabletop mini Black Fogging Witches Cauldron, if anyone sees one would you please let me know, many thanks :D I saw one a few years back and intended on going back to that town to get it, but never made it back, I want it for year round decor for my kitchen lair :wink:

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:12 pm

Oriental Trading Co. sells a black cauldron fog machine online for $55. They also have a "smoking skeleton cauldron fogger" that's even better ($80).

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:16 pm

Hi Cadaverino, welome to the board.

I like your nickname! :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:39 am

Welcome Cadaverino, You'll love it here :D Glad you joined us, and thank-you for letting me know about the fogging cauldron I'm going to go look at it here in a few minutes. :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:23 pm

Oh ya, I forgot. I did finally pick up my very first Bleeding Edge Figurine. I had wanted Mina Immortal for a long time, but I still have to learn how to post. My girlfriend is suppose to be coming soon to show. SO in the meantime, if you google Bleeding Edge dolls, just look for their I think it's 7' figurines and her Name is Mina Immortel, and it also has her Bio :wink: :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:52 pm

DOD - how exciting for you. I cant wait to see your pictures when you finally get to post them!!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"