Halloween Giveaway

Discussion of general Halloween topics
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Halloween Giveaway

Post by jadewik » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:27 pm

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't exactly been around a lot in the last year. I'm not normally the sort to share personal things in public, but I feel the need to give an update for all you regulars.

Things in my house have been a little crazy. Jan-Feb 2013 I spent 42 days in the hospital due to pregnancy complications. Then, getting used to managing my time as a parent. Round about mid-August, I was laid off of work. In October, I had some problems with the nerve in face. I finally did get a new job in February with the Department of Transportation (I'm a civil engineer, if you didn't know)... 100 miles away from where I currently live. So, you haven't seen much from me and won't see much from me 'till I move and get settled a little closer to work.

So, I'm moving and I want to down-size some of the Halloween that I've been toting around. This stuff isn't my style of Halloween and I'd like to give it to a home where it would better fit.

I have 2 medium flat rate boxes all packed up. Each box has 2 of the same candy dishes, a pack of candles and a wind chime as depicted, below.

I also have a Gemmy witch-mirror thing-- it kinda works, but will need to be opened and perhaps have a new lightbulb and batteries added... maybe? I'm currently trying to find a box it fits into.

If you're interested in these items, drop me an email. Because I have strong spam settings, title the email "HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAY" (in all caps). First come-first serve. I'll coordinate mailing addresses through email.

What's my email? It's my username (please note there is no 'c" in "wik") and it's a gmail account so the suffix is (@gmail.com).

I won't be able to mail 'till next weekend-- unless my husband makes a USPS trip during the week for me.

I miss you guys lots and promise to be a little more here after I sell my house and move. =)

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Re: Halloween Giveaway

Post by MauEvig » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:28 pm

Sorry things haven't been going very well for you Jade, I hope you feel better! Congrats on the baby though, boy or girl?
We're going to be moving as well, still trying to get a loan for the property, but keeping our fingers crossed.
We're planning on moving to a bigger house. I know what it's like to move, I've done it more than once, and in January of '13 I moved to Virginia from New York, so that was a pretty big move for me.
I miss seeing you on here, I know I see you on Deviant Art every once in a blue moon.
Sent you an e-mail about the giveaway.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:32 am

Very tempted, but I'm trying to gain back space too. Thanks for offering it to the gang here first. If you get no takers Craigslist is a good way to go. And congratulations on the lil' one. I'm sure you named him/her(?) 'Little Αss Kicker'? Walking Dead fans know what that's about.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:15 am

I have one taker so far... I may just send it all today to this person. We'll see Maybe I'll re-pack it all into one box to save on postage.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:14 pm

I repacked into one large box and sent it off. Still have the mirror-- couldn't fit it into a flat rate box and didn't have time to make a box.

Thanks for the little down-size help. I'm sure I have more I can get rid of... a lot of what I have in storage are little Halloween nick-nacks for nieces/nephews and friends, which I was unable to mail out this year because I couldn't afford postage. Still-- it'll be good to have this next year. Bwahahaha! Can't wait for Halloween!

My husband is trying to convince me to be Vanellope Von Schweet from Wreck-it-Ralph this year. It's a little too pastel for me, so I'm thinking long and hard about it.