Happy Easter 2014!!!!!

Easter talk - in conjunction with EasterBunny.com
MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Happy Easter 2014!!!!!

Post by MauEvig » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:13 am

Just thought I'd wish everyone here at Halloween Forums a Happy Easter!
Also I drew a quick sketch of my version of the Easter bunny, thought I would share here: http://mauevig.deviantart.com/art/Peter ... 1397973703

Hope you all have a great Easter filled with delicious treats!
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Happy Easter 2014!!!!!

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:55 pm

That's a rather creepy looking Easter Bunny. Oh, and Happy Easter to you, too. Yes, it's still the Easter season, and will be until the 7th Sunday of Easter.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu May 01, 2014 11:05 am

I wasn't here on Easter Sunday, but happy Easter season to all!

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Thu May 01, 2014 10:00 pm

I want a rabbit. :( :( :cry: :cry:

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri May 02, 2014 11:31 am

If you had one, what would you do with it?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri May 02, 2014 12:10 pm

The town where I live, you can as many rabbits, squirrels or crows as you want. All you have to do is find a way to catch them. I wouldn't want any crows flying around my house however.

Mike

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Fri May 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:If you had one, what would you do with it?
Now, now Murph. Don't be like that. Although WILD rabbits are the closest game animal I've ever eaten that actually...."tastes like chicken" I'm talking about the tame kind, with floppy ears and twitchy noses.

To answer your question....

Play with it. Feed it carrots and stuff. Make my wife clean up the droppings. A rabbit can be like or dog or cat. Let it run around in the house. Let it crawl up next to you on the couch while you watch TV. That little nose is cute. Maybe even let it get in bed with us. The Mrs would NOT approve, but HEY! that's what having fun is all about LOL!!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sat May 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Not sure I'd want one to be honest. I think the cats would try to eat it, and rabbits are a lot of work. I know that from past experience. I rather just admire someone else's pet rabbit, or a rabbit in the wild.

lol Pumpkinman my cousin thought it was creepy too. It wasn't my intention. I was going for cool, not creepy. Oh well.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Sun May 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Kolchak wrote:
Murfreesboro wrote:If you had one, what would you do with it?
Now, now Murph. Don't be like that. Although WILD rabbits are the closest game animal I've ever eaten that actually...."tastes like chicken" I'm talking about the tame kind, with floppy ears and twitchy noses.

To answer your question....

Play with it. Feed it carrots and stuff. Make my wife clean up the droppings. A rabbit can be like or dog or cat. Let it run around in the house. Let it crawl up next to you on the couch while you watch TV. That little nose is cute. Maybe even let it get in bed with us. The Mrs would NOT approve, but HEY! that's what having fun is all about LOL!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon May 05, 2014 12:05 pm

:lol:

I just wanted to clarify if you wanted to eat the rabbit or play with it. I have sometimes seen rabbit for sale in grocery stores (when I lived in Texas, not here).

One of my children had a friend who was allergic to dogs and cats, but he was able to have a pet rabbit, so he did. I know they can be cute pets.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon May 05, 2014 12:32 pm

They are very cute pets, but they are also rodents, and rodents can be destructive.

Mike

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon May 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Murfreesboro wrote::lol:

I just wanted to clarify if you wanted to eat the rabbit or play with it. I have sometimes seen rabbit for sale in grocery stores (when I lived in Texas, not here).

One of my children had a friend who was allergic to dogs and cats, but he was able to have a pet rabbit, so he did. I know they can be cute pets.
Naw, the Mrs put her foot down when it comes to rabbits. I know a "crazy" rabbit lady who raises and shows them. She has one that's as big as a Great Dane!! First time I saw it I thought it was a dog. She gives it along with several other rabbits free reign of the house. You walk in the front door and you see pellets everywhere! LOL! I keep bugging my wife by saying I'm going to go get one. She replies...."You'll be sleeping in the garage if you do"

She can be a real kill joy. There was that place in North Carolina that sold wolf cubs. There was that place in Arkansas that sold mountain lion kittens. There was the time I caught a 4 foot alligator when we went to Florida. She said NO all three times. I just don't understand why!?? :? :? :? :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Domestic rabbit for human consumption is big in Eastern and Central Europe. Never have tried it though. Don't know of any places that sell it around here despite there being a pretty good sized population from the former Communist block living here. Hopefully most of the younger kids are too Americanized by now.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon May 05, 2014 6:59 pm

I do enjoy watching the rabbits in my front yard. There's this one rabbit that chases other rabbits out of his 'turf.' It's really funny to watch. I think there's a family of then living under my pine tree, and the rabbit who does the chasing is the daddy keeping out the 'riff raff,' or perhaps the mommy protecting her little baby bunnies.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue May 06, 2014 11:52 am

I never knew rabbits could get as big as dogs!

When my husband was stationed at Ft. Hood, Texas, we lived in Killeen. The next town over (to the west) was Copperas Cove, and every year they had a rabbit festival. It was during that time of year that I would see rabbit for sale at the grocery store.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed May 07, 2014 2:52 pm

There use to be a store in Joliet where you could buy pheasant, rabbit, rattle snake, venison and various other types of game meats. They even packed venison into sausage.

They're no longer in business. Too bad. I love pheasant.

Mike