I love Halloween so much I have 3 Partys a year

Discussion of general Halloween topics
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

I love Halloween so much I have 3 Partys a year

Post by spookyboo » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:23 am

I can never get enough of Halloween it seems so sad to only have one party and then it's over until next year. So I have 3 party's The first is a wonderfully dark and creepy dinner party usually for 8, I have a set of Black depression glass dishes and wonderful silver serving pieces I do not polish on purpose so they are tarnished nearly well to black. (I pause here to explain that if I could live in the haunted Mansion I would, and I am lucky to have a very ornately carved ball and claw foot dinning table in my Dinning room ) The whole effect is quite wonderful. Second party is the big one. I have a large buffet and well, details will wait until a latter post, this years details I am very excited about. Last party is on Halloween itself and is only about 12-15 people letting me do some activities I could not do with the larger crowd......more details to follow at another post....Does anyone out there have more than one party?....

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:34 pm

I Have a few parties myself. I usualy have a scary movie night every weekend in October, and have a big costume party on Halloween. I'm already working on ideas and decorations for this year! It's never too early to get into the Halloween spirit. :D

OPTIDONN
Zombie

Post by OPTIDONN » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:48 pm

I have wanted to do the same myself!!! But for that to happen I need friends. With working alot and having two children I don't have time to make any. But when my girls get older I can't wait to throw great Halloween parties for them...wether they like it or not :D

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Post by spookyboo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:30 am

BlackCat wrote:I Have a few parties myself. I usualy have a scary movie night every weekend in October, and have a big costume party on Halloween. I'm already working on ideas and decorations for this year! It's never too early to get into the Halloween spirit. :D
I really like the idea of having a scary movie night at Halloween, I have had them other times of the year but for some reason not at Halloween, I am guessing I put so much energy into the other parties. Hmmmm do I dare do a 4th party this year? What are your fav movies to show?

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:48 am

Well we usually do "Halloween" because obviously it's a classic, but the movies range. Some of my friends like gory slasher stuff so I'll throw in "Sleep Away Camp" or some other cheesy 80s flick. Last year we watched "A Nightmare on Elmstreet" and "Friday The 13th" 1 & 2.

Personally I like "Poltergeist" and other films that are mind thrillers. Those tend to scare me more.

We also watch corny films like "House" which was awesome when I first saw it and kind of cheesey now. "Phantasm" is also a good one to watch. I know there are tons out there, so I usually try to watch movies that my friends may not have seen or don't remember.

Any other ideas on what to show?

Chat Noir
Zombie

Post by Chat Noir » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:13 pm

Well, if you're into the classics, you can't go wrong with Lon Chaney's Phantom of the Opera. It's a silent flick, which I think only adds to the atmosphere of the whole film.

You could go with an entire Classics night. Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Lon Chaney Jr.'s The Wolfman, Boris Karloff's The Mummy.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:12 pm

That sounds like a good idea! I love the old silent films. They can b e pretty scary and give the perfect atmosphere for a movie night.

I love "Frankenstein" and "The Mummy", I'll have to give it a go.

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Post by spookyboo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:16 pm

BlackCat wrote:Well we usually do "Halloween" because obviously it's a classic, but the movies range. Some of my friends like gory slasher stuff so I'll throw in "Sleep Away Camp" or some other cheesy 80s flick. Last year we watched "A Nightmare on Elmstreet" and "Friday The 13th" 1 & 2.

Personally I like "Poltergeist" and other films that are mind thrillers. Those tend to scare me more.

We also watch corny films like "House" which was awesome when I first saw it and kind of cheesey now. "Phantasm" is also a good one to watch. I know there are tons out there, so I usually try to watch movies that my friends may not have seen or don't remember.

Any other ideas on what to show?
There are way to many to choose from but how about the exorcist that is a good scary movie.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:20 am

Oh yeah, that is spoooooky! After all these years that one still freaks me out. I'll probably show that one. Also during my big party, I like to play scary Halloween theme music and play scary movies on the tv. No one is really watching tv but it's cool to have it on in the backroung to set a mood.

mystixmanor
Ghost

Post by mystixmanor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:44 pm

I love the movie night idea. I have several myself, I have a party planning party, pumpkin carving party and then I have the big party itself.. :)
Mystix

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:51 am

I usually only have one small party on halloween, and it's not really even a party. This year my wife and I have finally decided to dive in and throw a party, we are both way excited! We have ordered a bunch of decorations and props for the party including a fog machine, haunted portraits and a bunch of candles. We plan on throwing a party a week or two before halloween. We are going to try and make our house look like the haunted mansion as much as possible, including wallpaper! Then we are going to serve finger foods such as ribs, chicken wings etc. in a sort of "witches kitchen" theme, (nothing too disgusting, I get queazy easy). We will also go to a pumpkin patch or a local haunted forest attraction as well. We will wind the night up back at our place playing games. I bought a GREAT boardgame for Halloween last week. It is called Betrayal at House on the Hill. I recommend checking it out if you are into boardgames. There are other details but I fell like I'm talking too much so I will stop, (sorry, I'm just a bit excited!).

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:59 am

I recommend checking out "Lady in White" or "Monster Squad" they aren't really gory or slasher type flicks but they are great for getting into the spirit of Halloween. Plus, I think they would be good for party's where children may be in attendance. Other movies that we like to watch are The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Lost Boys and I really like the new Sleepy Hollow by Tim Burton. I also liked 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead (I'm a big Zombie fan). I have to mention that we saw Monster House last weekend and I think that we have found a new movie to add to the Halloween rotation. I recommend going to see that one in theaters, in 3D if you can. It helps to give you an early Halloween fix.

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Post by spookyboo » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:43 pm

[ Hi, As far as I am concerned you have no reason to appologize for being too excited about Halloween. I live Halloween 365 and I am proud to say it LOL I have an idea for you as far as food goes well dessert I serve Pen and Tellers bloody heart every year and my quests love it. Its a Jello with sweetened condensed milk to make it opaque and I will tell you with cherry jello it looks really fleshy...if you use a heart mold it would be cool but if you would rather tone it down use a regualar old jello mold. The cool thing about it is you insert a plastic bag filled with powdered sugar and cherry syrup it makes a cool looking blood sauce and you push it down into the jello and let the whole thing jell.
then when you serve it (in a theatrical way) you stab the jello and it ruptures the bag and the mold bleeds. Its really good tasting to so its a win win a prop you can eat. You should be able to find the recipe online but if you have problems post it and I will post it here. Good luck with your party!!!!! I will be posting more about mine as I plan.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:08 pm

I am so glad other people feel as strong about HAlloween as I do! I guess I'm really not a freak! :D I like so many of everyone's ideas! The bleeding heart sounds cool. I found a recipe for a litter box cake, when I saw the picture I laughed, because I know that even though it is supposedly delicious, I could never eat it!

BTW, I just bought "Lady In White" on DVD for $5. My boyfriend had never seen it. It is a bit corny, but it does get you into the Halloween spirit. I remember loving that movie as a kid and I do still enjoy it today.

As for "Monster Squad" I have that on tape somewhere. I loved that movie as I kid, and I know I will still like it today.

Also, for kids, Harry Potter is a good Halloween movie. I don't know if any of you are fans of the books or movies but I am. They make me feel like a kid again. I enjoy them very much.

Ok, then time to do some more Halloween shopping!

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:46 am

i always watch tcm